Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Galer on August 17, 2017, 12:13:35 PM
Who all is in for the county job,so far ive hear fitsy,pete mcgrath and mckeever.Are these people really interested?Is there any other names?

McKeever a non runner apparently.

breakingball

weekend football championship predictions

pearses to beat mitchells by 10
lisburn to beat st malachys by 1
sarsfields to beat ardoyne by 10
cargin to beat rossa by 10
st agnes to beat ballycastle by 1
st endas to beat davitts by 10
moneyglass to beat rasharkin by 5
st johns to beat aldergrove by 5
st brigids to beat randalstown by 1

Hectic

Quote from: breakingball on August 17, 2017, 01:26:56 PM

pearses to beat mitchells by 10 - probably
lisburn to beat st malachys by 1 - yeah can see a close game here
sarsfields to beat ardoyne by 10 - not convinced it will be that big a gap
cargin to beat rossa by 10 - probably
st agnes to beat ballycastle by 1 - maybe
st endas to beat davitts by 10 - should win, maybe by 7
moneyglass to beat rasharkin by 5 - don't be surprised if Rasharkin come through here
st johns to beat aldergrove by 5 - at least
st brigids to beat randalstown by 1 - by more

saffronog67

So let me get this straight, according to Pete McGrath, he was approached by a third party from Antrim when he wasn't available (Antrim probably knowing full well they couldn't get him but trying to look proactive) and since he has become available there hasn't been a Dickie bird? As for Fitzy, he's a good Antrim man, but that shouldn't get you the job. He is an average manager, compounded by the fact he has lost his best asset - Adams.

saffronog67

Quote from: Hectic on August 17, 2017, 02:03:36 PM
Quote from: breakingball on August 17, 2017, 01:26:56 PM

pearses to beat mitchells by 10 - more
lisburn to beat st malachys by 1 - Tight but Mals to edge it
sarsfields to beat ardoyne by 10 - Another tight game Sars edging it
cargin to beat rossa by 10 - Depending what team Rossa put out.. 7> Cargin win
st agnes to beat ballycastle by 1 - Aggies by 5
st endas to beat davitts by 10 - Endas handy
moneyglass to beat rasharkin by 5 - Could swing either way, Moneyglass to edge it
st johns to beat aldergrove by 5 - St Johns by 10>
st brigids to beat randalstown by 1 - St B's to ease in to next round.

Christmas Lights

Expect Cargin to win the SFC easily this year.  They really should be targeting a run in the Ulster club competition this year instead of falling in the first round

Stillwater2

Sarsfields came through against Ardoyne last night, were 6 or 7 down at one stage.

Any result from the Pearses and St Mals game's?

Antrim website seems to be down

imtommygunn

Lisburn beat st malachys. Not sure on the other. Good result for lisburn.

delgany

Think pearses match  wasn't played

Milltown Row2

Was at the St Paul's Lamhs game!! Will never get that hour back
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 19, 2017, 08:03:59 PM
Was at the St Paul's Lamhs game!! Will never get that hour back

At least you got to stay warm.

imtommygunn

So near yet so far bs :(

Results seemed to go as expected really. Looked like a tight one between aghagallon and st teresas - moneyglass and rasharkin in the intermediate too.

Breakingball wins predictions by 1 over hectic...

bannside

Yes ITG, as they say...close but no cigar!

We threw the kitchen sink at it and were three up with five minutes left,  but Galls used all their hard won craft over the years to grind it out. We missed three great goal chances and the annoying thing for us is we know we were truly thereabouts. Good luck to St Galls though. A team I have grown to admire greatly over the years, flying the flag for Antrim when no one else  was.

Our average age profile is still young so maybe we won't be so far away ourselves in a year or two, but at the moment Cargin look a stretch ahead of the rest.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on August 20, 2017, 10:23:03 PM

We threw the kitchen sink at it and were three up with five minutes left,  but Galls used all their hard won craft over the years to grind it out. We missed three great goal chances and the annoying thing for us is we know we were truly thereabouts. Good luck to St Galls though. A team I have grown to admire greatly over the years, flying the flag for Antrim when no one else  was.

Our average age profile is still young so maybe we won't be so far away ourselves in a year or two, but at the moment Cargin look a stretch ahead of the rest.

Unlucky , we had to dig deep into our reserves to get over the line today I hear, couldn't make it myself but by all accounts both teams played well.

A tough game like that will stand by us... hopefully we'll move on and improve

By all accounts Cargin may wel get 3 in a row but I was impressed with Lamhs, but they'd need to keep the work rate up and have all their players fit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog67

How many championship debutants had St Galls out? Echoing what everyone has said already, it is Cargin's to lose but only because they seem to be the only side not in some sort of transition. LD are definitely a good side, and are very capable of beating St Galls, but St Galls are more of a team for me and that'll be enough to see them through.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 20, 2017, 11:18:08 PM
Quote from: bannside on August 20, 2017, 10:23:03 PM

Unlucky , we had to dig deep into our reserves to get over the line today I hear, couldn't make it myself but by all accounts both teams played well.

A tough game like that will stand by us... hopefully we'll move on and improve

By all accounts Cargin may wel get 3 in a row but I was impressed with Lamhs, but they'd need to keep the work rate up and have all their players fit