Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
Quote from: Glentaisie on August 09, 2017, 09:07:06 PM
Quote from: Glentaisie on August 09, 2017, 08:58:15 AM

Clanker might describe it perfectly! Ballycastle by at least 12

Got this badly wrong.

Management need sacked immediately.

Committee should also step down immediately.

I'm raging at this.  Relegated because of the disgraceful behaviour of some senior players and committee members.  Stabbed a decent man in the back and still got relegated.

No more than they deserve but our club deserves better.

Disgraceful!

Disgraceful is based on how they have performed over the season, not against the teams at the bottom...

Rossa from what I seen (ten minutes of first half and ten of second) were the better team. As said they were 9 points up at one stage and bar the strangest goal they let in before half time would have been further in front.. that's not yo say the Castle can't play but they had no consistency over the season so they might do better in a knockout situation.
They don't have consistency over seasons

SillyAsFaugh

Quote from: hardstation on August 09, 2017, 10:30:52 PM
Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on August 09, 2017, 10:21:20 PM
Be surprised if Ballycastle go down, county will likely restructure the league to keep them up!
A similar request from St Johns was knocked back at the beginning of the year.

Guess we will have to wait and see, my moneys on a 10 team division 1

Na Glinntí Glasa

cant see the leagues changing, the clubs wont want to change it again. If its not broke why medal with it? others have tried to have it changed to suit themselves and it didnt happen so sadly for BC they will be in D2 next year.

Entertaining game between ourselves and Lgiel. Disappointed in the result esp with the 15mins into the second half where we shipped 0-09 with no reply before we made the changes on the pitch. once we did that we got back level again but it was too much work too late in the game. lgiel got their goals late on to knock the wind right out of us.

Despite losing im pretty confident now that we could at least make a bit more progress this year in the championship with this squad.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on August 10, 2017, 08:46:24 AM
Quote from: hardstation on August 09, 2017, 10:30:52 PM
Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on August 09, 2017, 10:21:20 PM
Be surprised if Ballycastle go down, county will likely restructure the league to keep them up!
A similar request from St Johns was knocked back at the beginning of the year.

Guess we will have to wait and see, my moneys on a 10 team division 1

The reason St Johns got knocked back was that it was felt that the 8 team Div1 was working well IIRC, but my big concern would be that the Ports get shafted with the Antrim CB deciding to only relegate/promote 1 team, meaning Ballycastle get a reprieve and only St Johns come up..

Tony Baloney

Did they not restructure for Ballycastle a few years ago?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 10, 2017, 09:06:27 AM

I'm saying nothing!!!!!!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Usain

Quote from: hardstation on August 09, 2017, 10:06:26 PM
Quote from: Glentaisie on August 09, 2017, 09:07:06 PM
Quote from: Glentaisie on August 09, 2017, 08:58:15 AM

Clanker might describe it perfectly! Ballycastle by at least 12

Got this badly wrong.

Management need sacked immediately.

Committee should also step down immediately.

I'm raging at this.  Relegated because of the disgraceful behaviour of some senior players and committee members.  Stabbed a decent man in the back and still got relegated.

No more than they deserve but our club deserves better.

Disgraceful!
I couldn't be assed getting into it at the time but I did think your prediction would be well out. I know we travelled light the last couple of outings and took tankings but at home, in a crunch game, we were always going to be a different team.
We were full value for it too IMO, 9 up at one stage in the 2nd half I think and almost gave Ballycastle a sniff of it but always had a 3/4 point cushion.

Well done to our lads. That's a tough league!

100% HS. That was a completely different Rossa team I saw last night compared to the previous one in b'castle. Fair dues to ya.

Div 2 will give the town something to work up from.

But I'd say there'll be some amount of motions from a load of clubs been fired into the ring during the winter re leagues  ;)

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 10, 2017, 08:59:59 AM
cant see the leagues changing, the clubs wont want to change it again. If its not broke why medal with it? others have tried to have it changed to suit themselves and it didnt happen so sadly for BC they will be in D2 next year.

Entertaining game between ourselves and Lgiel. Disappointed in the result esp with the 15mins into the second half where we shipped 0-09 with no reply before we made the changes on the pitch. once we did that we got back level again but it was too much work too late in the game. lgiel got their goals late on to knock the wind right out of us.

Despite losing im pretty confident now that we could at least make a bit more progress this year in the championship with this squad.

Went to sleep for 15 minutes in SH
DD Quinn got LG over the line with great puck outs to ping the runners
We have some fire power now and shorty is coming to the boil at the right time
Great game and should have had a draw at least
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2017, 09:11:27 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 10, 2017, 09:06:27 AM

I'm saying nothing!!!!!!!!!

There is a God!! ;)

theskull1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 10, 2017, 10:55:08 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 10, 2017, 08:59:59 AM

Went to sleep for 15 minutes in SH
DD Quinn got LG over the line with great puck outs to ping the runners
We have some fire power now and shorty is coming to the boil at the right time
Great game and should have had a draw at least

Not many better than DD when it comes to puckouts. Doesn't need a swashbuckling run up but with fantastic vision (and excellent movement from their middle third) can punch a ball 70 yards fast with low trajectory into a mans hand before a tackle can get to it. Gives them a real psychological edge knowing their puckout percentages are going to be high every game he plays. Apart from the 3rd quarter it was an enjoyable game to watch and was very well refereed by Owen Elliott who let the game go.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

gaelforce13

Hard to argue with that analysis DR. I really enjoyed the games impressed with the physical conditioning of Dunloy? Who was the lad taking the warm up? Some great young hurlers on view. Shamrocks my slight favourites for champo now. Dunloy still abit raw yet they are missing a Paddy liam Richmond or dick character atm imo. Although with a golden ticket to the final it's all on the day once they get there.

Disappointing result for the town last night although they have been staring it in the face all year got their house in order to late by the looks of it. The leagues may change I know St John's are very keen on it & I see their point tbf as they have been way above the standard of div 2 this year. If the town go down which they deserve to will it do them or antrim hurling any good racking up big scores against armoy agohill Randalstown carey  not sure.

ned

Problem with restructuring is that you might end up with one or two teams out of their depth in Division1. Does them no good just like it does St Johns or Ballycastle no good in Division2. Teams ebb and flow with a few exceptions.
Might the answer be a qualifying league? 4 groups of 4, playing 6 matches, top two in each group forms top division with play off  between teams in third place for two more places. Ten teams then play 9 matches each giving 15 matches all together. As it stands some teams aren't getting the chance to develop this might give a bit of leeway.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: gaelforce13 on August 10, 2017, 11:52:19 AM
Hard to argue with that analysis DR. I really enjoyed the games impressed with the physical conditioning of Dunloy? Who was the lad taking the warm up? Some great young hurlers on view. Shamrocks my slight favourites for champo now. Dunloy still abit raw yet they are missing a Paddy liam Richmond or dick character atm imo. Although with a golden ticket to the final it's all on the day once they get there.

Disappointing result for the town last night although they have been staring it in the face all year got their house in order to late by the looks of it. The leagues may change I know St John's are very keen on it & I see their point tbf as they have been way above the standard of div 2 this year. If the town go down which they deserve to will it do them or antrim hurling any good racking up big scores against armoy agohill Randalstown carey  not sure.

lad taking it was Eoin mc Nicholl from Glenulin whos been with them all year looking after the physical aspect of their work. Hes done a good job with them IMO and has them going along nicely.

Agree with your assessment of us, were still a few years off winning a championship but they are maturing nicely at that level. Coby and Keelan look to be capable of playing at that level but are very light compared to those big defenders like Tony McCloskey, Ding, Neilly in there last night. Still it bodes well for the future for us

A good sign is shorty getting back again to his level.
hurl like f**k boi!

gaelforce13

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 10, 2017, 02:03:43 PM
Quote from: gaelforce13 on August 10, 2017, 11:52:19 AM

lad taking it was Eoin mc Nicholl from Glenulin whos been with them all year looking after the physical aspect of their work. Hes done a good job with them IMO and has them going along nicely.

Agree with your assessment of us, were still a few years off winning a championship but they are maturing nicely at that level. Coby and Keelan look to be capable of playing at that level but are very light compared to those big defenders like Tony McCloskey, Ding, Neilly in there last night. Still it bodes well for the future for us

A good sign is shorty getting back again to his level.
Yes he seems to have them in good nick. Young cunning is a joy to watch cute as a fox to. Shorty looked to be coming to the boil just at the right time. Loughgiels physical conditioning over the last number of years has been of a high level they have set the bar for all to follow.

Big result for Armoy last night I'm guessing Carey suffered from their result against us on Sunday which is understandable. We play Armoy at home on Wednesday night midweek games are a nono for us with so many lads working away so I'd say they'll get 2points there which would summon Carey to division 3. Strange circumstances after their performance on Sunday I'd make them favourites for Intermediate

SillyAsFaugh

Armoy could have won by a lot more. They seem to give away a lot of fouls which kept carey in the game. Thought we would have our tails up from the championship win.