Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 27, 2019, 12:01:36 PM
Quote from: bogieman on September 27, 2019, 11:57:09 AM
what football final ?

Exactly lol at this rate there wont be one if they draw again in this replay/replay  ;D

Don't let that distract you from the proper match on Sunday  ;)

ciaran1988

Championship Finals weekend, how do we see them going.

Dunloy (4/7) v Cushendall (7/4)

Can't call this game had favoured Dunloy but as the week goes on I'm leaving more towards the Ruairi's. Will go for a draw.

St Endas (1/3) v Carey (12/5)

St Endas in this one for me, can't see past them even though Carey has the result of the championship so far in last round. St Endas by 6

Gort Na Mona (4/9) v St Paul's (15/8)

Having seen both sides in semi final action it has to be Gorts for the win here to cap off an impressive year. Gorts by 4

Straighttalker76

Gorts by 6

Carey by 4

Dunloy by 2

faughs

Hope to see a great game in cushendall tomorrow, could go either way but St Endas big favourites after a fantastic league campaign. 

Hoping that the referee gives decent protection to Rocket as he's targeted every game by opposition and nothing has been done about it in the championship to date. 

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: farset on September 28, 2019, 09:12:13 AM
Tomorrow's final has all the potential to be a classic. Hard to look beyond Dunloy but no better team than the battle hardened Dall to cause an upset. Dunloy very impressive all year. I wouldn't rule out a draw if I'm honest. The Dall lads have been there before.

It's St Endas' to lose in the Intermediate. Can't see Carey beating them. What a moment that will be for the hard work that St Enda's have put in over all the years in juvenile to see them be promoted and to win an Intermediate in the one year. Their progress has been a joy to watch and good luck to them. Have to feel for Carey always though. How many intermediate finals have they lost? Good people in Ballyvoy. Would be great to see them win one but just can't see it.

The junior should be a foregone conclusion. Gorts aren't a junior club and bit cheeky of them to claim this as any major success if and when they do win it (akin to my arguments about St Enda's in the football last year) . To score 30 points or so in the semi final V Rasharkin is evidence that they're in the wrong championship. And to think what a proud hurling club they used to be. They've been in junior final 2 out of the last 3 years now and won handy last time around. Looks like an easy option for me. They're kidding themselves and I'm sure the elders in the club are a bit embarrassed with a hallow championship win. St Paul's genuinely a junior club and I wish them well but can't see anything apart from a Gort annihilation. St Paul's have a dodgy full back line and a very dodgy goalkeeper. Gort strong up there so it'll be a goal fest.

Gorts won't be good enough to win Ulster

MoChara

Fantastic news Antrim final on TV bad news people from antrim can't watch it

Milltown Row2

Dunloy taking too many shots!! Cushendall working better with the conditions
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens73

2 soft goals equalling things out almost. If Dunloy can get their shooting boots on in the second half and keep the ball moving, I'd fancy them

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: MoChara on September 29, 2019, 02:06:09 PM
Fantastic news Antrim final on TV bad news people from antrim can't watch it

Why? I'm watching it here in Derry

Straighttalker76

Dunlop worthy winners although cushendall ran them very close and will regret the wife's that they had late on and also a couple of really good saves from Dunloy keeper and a hit post it could have been a different result but that being said duly had serious wife's in the first half themselves. Good game of hurling overall though.

Just a thought but I think the tv cameras would have been better off on the side of the pitch where the flags fly because nearly all the crowd were on the far side so the cameras would of had a good crowd in the backround and not just the loughgiel supporters who were the only supporters on that side is there a reason for this or what.

The .I or game was won by the better team although there  were 3 or 4 of the ballycastle lads who did not deserve to be on the losing side in particular the wee corner forward called Joe I think worked tirelessly all game. But what scenes on the side line we had the ballycastle manager throwing punches at a loughgiel mentor what sort of example is that to set for young men the mentors are supposed to be the adults for God's sake no coincidence that one of his players got sent off 2 minutes after that seeing the example set from the side line not the first time that mentor has been fighting on the side line at a juvenile game think he headbutted a .mentor at the field a few years ago maybe they should look into not letting people like that take juvenile teams

Hoof Hearted

Which ones regret the wife's
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Saffrongael

Dunloy clearly the better team and but for some bad wides in first half would have been more comfortable, Dall very dogged as usual but just didn't have the scoring power in the second half

What's the craic with grown men and air horns, moronic
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

paddyjohn

And smokebombs....

Anyway, Dunloy far better side over the 60mins. Shorty still a class act. Colm McDonald was very good also I thought, allowed the game to flow when possible. Could Cushendall of done anything different? I'm not so sure they could of.