Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

At this stage everyone knows about the ticket van on the way into championship matches. It isn't like a league game that you dander into 3 minutes before throw in. Game should have started on time.

paddyjohn

Why not have a night in the clubs like previous times?

Na Glinntí Glasa

there will be a pre sale this week in the clubs. thank god cause i couldnt be assed with that sort of queue on sunday
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Prices for Sunday

Adults £10
Concessions £8
hurl like f**k boi!

bogieman

Imagine, all the people, secure online tickets and easy access to the grounds.

I wonder the reasons against buying our tickets online, and printing at home or showing ticket on phone for entry ?

Seems to be quite popular and widely used, all that's needed by the gatepersons is a mobile phone to scan the etickets.

The existing machines in the van or the boot of a car could be used in conjunction for those without access to a smartphone, tablet, printer or smartphone.

I.e.  300 million worldwide online events in 2017
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/organizer/overview/
https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/whats-on/Belfast
2% + 40p commission
Cash to bank, no cash security measures at grounds
No cash counting...

Pss Even the entry numbers could be verified for safety monitoring...

Ps2 john lennon was right

This is not Irish dancing. -RH

marty34

Quote from: bogieman on September 24, 2019, 08:40:32 AM

I wonder the reasons against buying our tickets online, and printing at home or showing ticket on phone for entry ?

Seems to be quite popular and widely used, all that's needed by the gatepersons is a mobile phone to scan the etickets.

The existing machines in the van or the boot of a car could be used in conjunction for those without access to a smartphone, tablet, printer or smartphone.

2% + 40p commission
No cash counting...

I think Derry GAA have an app for buying tickets - buy ticket and it gets scanned from phone at turnstile as you go in.

There is a normal ticket station open then for cash also. 

Maybe more suitable for younger people, not being agest but cuts down on queues.  Problem is, like Antrim s/f replay, big crowd expected but queuing is hopeless.  Antrim GAA need to be prepared.

NAG1

Quote from: marty34 on September 24, 2019, 09:08:39 AM
Quote from: bogieman on September 24, 2019, 08:40:32 AM

2% + 40p commission
No cash counting...

I think Derry GAA have an app for buying tickets - buy ticket and it gets scanned from phone at turnstile as you go in.

There is a normal ticket station open then for cash also. 

Maybe more suitable for younger people, not being agest but cuts down on queues.  Problem is, like Antrim s/f replay, big crowd expected but queuing is hopeless.  Antrim GAA need to be prepared.

Lets be fair to them on this one, it is obviously going to take a bit of time to get the system perfect. Also if people would turn up in time for a match it wouldnt be as big an issue. We know the system now or at least we should do.

No harm is developing an app or having more pre-sales available but there will always be a need to have tickets for sale on the day in cash.

bogieman

reminds me of a good question
Q. when is the best time to plant a tree ?
2 answers by the way

even has parking included...

there is no need to "develop" an app

A. 15 years ago, and today...

BrollysArmy

So no Belfast ticket stalls? Is there no hurling fans in Belfast or what's the craic? Surely a ticket stall in casement would be ideal?!

Straighttalker76

Usually only have a ticket stall at the club's involved and no city teams involved hence no city ticket stalls quite simple really. Any thoughts on the weekends finals folks

BrollysArmy

Quote from: Straighttalker76 on September 26, 2019, 11:53:45 PM
Usually only have a ticket stall at the club's involved and no city teams involved hence no city ticket stalls quite simple really. Any thoughts on the weekends finals folks

Well there are two teams involved and more than 2 clubs have selling stalls. What you have highlighted to is one of the long lasting problems of Antrim GAA. City teams and country teams. We are one county, tickets should be made available to everyone in the county not just a certain part of the county

paddyjohn

Quote from: BrollysArmy on September 27, 2019, 12:00:18 AM

Well there are two teams involved and more than 2 clubs have selling stalls. What you have highlighted to is one of the long lasting problems of Antrim GAA. City teams and country teams. We are one county, tickets should be made available to everyone in the county not just a certain part of the county

Eh the other 2 are the minor finalists who are playing before the senior game. Stop greeting ffs and I'll see you in Ballycastle on Sunday.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: BrollysArmy on September 27, 2019, 12:00:18 AM

To be fair the 4 teams involved are all having ticket sales nights. its nothing to do with country v city.

if your going down that nonsensical route then im sure i should complain about not being able to buy a ticket for the football final at a pre-sale night at my club?
hurl like f**k boi!

bogieman

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: bogieman on September 27, 2019, 11:57:09 AM
what football final ?

Exactly lol at this rate there wont be one if they draw again in this replay/replay  ;D
hurl like f**k boi!