Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: laoislad on June 19, 2020, 07:13:55 PM
Will there be an asterisk beside whoever gets the last Champions League spot if Sheffield United miss out on it by a couple of points?

;D
That's just, like your opinion man.

TabClear

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 19, 2020, 07:24:54 PM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on June 19, 2020, 01:21:26 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 19, 2020, 11:56:15 AM
Quote from: Denn Forever on June 19, 2020, 10:34:45 AM
Is the game on bbc telly tonigh?

Don't think so, Sky 1 is now deemed free to air I suppose
Is it on sky 1? Meant to get set up for it returning but haven't sorted it yet.

Tonight's game is only on Sky Sports PL or Main event I think.

Will there be an asterisk beside whoever gets the last Champions League spot if Sheffield United miss out on it by a couple of points?

Haha good question. Hopefully city's ban will be upheld and there won't be any need for an asterisk.

Surely they would have to put an asterisk for that #taintedchampionsleaguequalification  ;) ;)

angermanagement

Keane doing a good hatchet job on De Gea and Maguire at h/t.

To be fair I've seen Ryanair flights turn round quicker than Maguire.

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on June 19, 2020, 09:28:04 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 19, 2020, 07:24:54 PM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on June 19, 2020, 01:21:26 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 19, 2020, 11:56:15 AM
Quote from: Denn Forever on June 19, 2020, 10:34:45 AM
Is the game on bbc telly tonigh?

Don't think so, Sky 1 is now deemed free to air I suppose
Is it on sky 1? Meant to get set up for it returning but haven't sorted it yet.

Tonight's game is only on Sky Sports PL or Main event I think.

Haha good question. Hopefully city's ban will be upheld and there won't be any need for an asterisk.

Surely they would have to put an asterisk for that #taintedchampionsleaguequalification  ;) ;)
There might be a case for a double asterisk so!! ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Cunny Funt

United was the better team in that game and probably deserved a win, didn't though because of a tale two keepers. DeGea going by his own reaction knows he should have saved that Spurs goal and Lloris with a world class save from Martial.

screenexile

I know I'm by no means impartial but doing my best to look at it objectively that was never a penalty he barely touched him!!!

On balance though probably a fair result.

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on June 19, 2020, 10:24:26 PM
I know I'm by no means impartial but doing my best to look at it objectively that was never a penalty he barely touched him!!!

On balance though probably a fair result.

Sure they overturned it  ;) the 1st one a penalty all day long though  :)

Capt Pat

Quote from: angermanagement on June 19, 2020, 09:35:25 PM

Keane I thought was a bit harsh on De Gea. He said he wouldn't let him on the bus home. A good rant from  Roy. I don't think De Gea belongs at United, i think  he is a good keeper but he should be at Real Madrid.

Boycey

Keano disappoints me as a pundit, always strikes me as the type of guy he'd have sneered at when he was a player. Nothing wrong with pulling Maguire or DeGea on the goal but always goes for the cheap laugh... He's the Joe Brolly of the Premier League.

That that sometimes he's funny and that stare he has is brilliant, Lee Dixon used be afraid of him on ITV

BennyCake

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 19, 2020, 11:31:57 PM

Keane I thought was a bit harsh on De Gea. He said he wouldn't let him on the bus home. A good rant from  Roy. I don't think De Gea belongs at United, i think  he is a good keeper but he should be at Real Madrid.

Only seen the goal from one angle. Hard to say how much he was at fault, although looks like he should have saved it easy enough.

Every DDG howler accumulates, and when he has another one, I do feel like Keane does. I'm not frustrated he's making howlers. I'm frustrated that he's playing for United. And I get frustrated when people bang on about him being one of the best in the world. Is he balls! I've never rated him.

Real wouldn't take him. They're not that stupid. Look at the World Cup in Russia. He was brutal.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 19, 2020, 11:31:57 PM

Was a very good keeper and was full value of the high praise he received. Not sure what you mean that he doesn't belong at United? I doubt Real Madrid will be as interested as before as DeGea has become inconsistent and error prone.

gawa316

Is Fernandes a fitness worry? He's legs just seemed to buckle at the end there with no contact?!

Maroon Manc

Happy to get the point, would have got nothing earlier in the season. If we'd scored first we'd have won.

United responded well in the second half against an organised team who made last years CL final. I thought Ole was too slow with the subs, he's got 5 so can take a chance with an early on. In these games our fullback play is a worry, opposing managers realise Wan Bisaka isn't a threat and leave him in more space than others; He's got to improve and quickly.

As for their goal, one of the worst goals a team can concede. It all started with the brainless Shaw, a poor header followed by running forwards instead of holding his position; Maguire was so slow as was Lindelof to get across and see the danger, and then appalling stuff from DeGea. I don't like the chemistry between Maguire and Lindelof, there's no enough pace; I'd like to see Bailly given a run although if Tuanzebe was fit I'd be happy to see him given a chance. That goal wouldn't have happened if either of them were partnering Maguire.

Fernandes & Pogba in a midfield 3 won't work in all games as Pogba lacks awareness of what happens behind him and switches off all too often. Greenwood is going to be a star but he's a centre forward who will be used wide right a lot until the end of the season but buying an attacking right winger is United's no 1 priority in the transfer market.

nrico2006

Shaw is very poor going forward as is Wan Bassaka. Fred, James and McTominay are very limited too. Tuanzebe or Bailly need to be in there.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 20, 2020, 07:33:06 PM
Shaw is very poor going forward as is Wan Bassaka. Fred, James and McTominay are very limited too. Tuanzebe or Bailly need to be in there.

It's kinda right, just in wrong order.