Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on June 08, 2020, 10:19:03 PM
Funny we should be talking about Irwin as news of the death of another of Uniteds greatest ever full backs comes through tonight. Tony Dunne, European Cup winner and still in the top ten all appearance makers at United....

A good tribute RIP.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1270324766033842178

GJL

Fair play to Rashford. He took on the deplorable British government and won.

magpie seanie

Quote from: GJL on June 16, 2020, 02:02:21 PM
Fair play to Rashford. He took on the deplorable British government and won.

Ya, well said. He did really well and his messages were really accurate and intelligent as well as honest and emotive. It was a good success and shows what can happen when people don't accept bullshit.

Never beat the deeler

I thought this interaction was pretty good in particular:

QuoteOn Tuesday morning, Rashford began tweeting about the UK's poorest families, who cannot afford to pay their water and electricity bills or put food on the table.

One cabinet minister was criticised after correcting one of Rashford's tweets, in which he said: "When you wake up this morning and run your shower, take a second to think about parents who have had their water turned off during lockdown."

Thérèse Coffey, the work and pensions secretary, replied: "Water cannot be disconnected though."

Rashford's reply noted: "I'm concerned this is the only tweet of mine you acknowledged. Please, put rivalries aside for a second, and make a difference #maketheuturn."

Should be the politicians raising their heads to think about the global issue rather than nit-picking details from an analogy
Hasta la victoria siempre

screenexile

I have to say absolutely fair play to Rashford sticking his neck out like that and getting the job done he seems like a grounded young lad.

And that's the last good thing I'll be saying about him until he leaves the theatre of dickheads!!

Boycey

Utd back tonight.... Big few weeks for Ole in fairness, win a trophy and guide Utd into the Champions League and he likely keeps his job, fail and he likely doesn't so the stakes are high.

NAG1

Interesting to see what team he goes with, considering he is more or less playing with the full deck now apparently.

Farrandeelin

It'll be interesting also to see how the lockdown has affected the players. Before it started I'd have been reasonably confident of a win, now though it's a level playing field for all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Boycey

He has a full deck alright not sure anybody, on any team, can be close to full pace yet so that has to be factored in too...

Milltown Row2

The injuries the other night from the arsenal lads shows that We have a pre season scenario,  where until a player goes flat out after a ball then you'll know whether he's up to speed fitness wise!

Win this match and they may have a chance of catching one of the teams above them, bar Liverpool and City of course ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Denn Forever

Is the game on bbc telly tonigh?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

johnnycool

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 19, 2020, 10:34:45 AM

Don't think so, Sky 1 is now deemed free to air I suppose

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: johnnycool on June 19, 2020, 11:56:15 AM

Is it on sky 1? Meant to get set up for it returning but haven't sorted it yet.

laoislad

Will there be an asterisk beside whoever gets the last Champions League spot if Sheffield United miss out on it by a couple of points?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on June 19, 2020, 01:21:26 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 19, 2020, 11:56:15 AM

Is it on sky 1? Meant to get set up for it returning but haven't sorted it yet.

Tonight's game is only on Sky Sports PL or Main event I think.

Quote from: laoislad on June 19, 2020, 07:13:55 PM
Will there be an asterisk beside whoever gets the last Champions League spot if Sheffield United miss out on it by a couple of points?

Haha good question. Hopefully city's ban will be upheld and there won't be any need for an asterisk.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.