The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Liverpool were due a hiding from Man City. If you are going to get one, tonight was the night to get!

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on July 02, 2020, 09:09:09 PM
City doing to Liverpool what Liverpool did to them at Anfield - destroying them on the break.

Liverpool haven't been that bad overall, but I doubt if they're coming back from 3 down.
I'm trying to think of a previous time a Liverpool team came back from a 3-0 half-time deficit, but drawing a blank so far.

Maybe somebody else might know of such an instance?

quit yo jibbajabba

Dont think they were on the lash the week before that one tho Sid

laoislad

Quote from: sid waddell on July 02, 2020, 09:20:07 PM
City doing to Liverpool what Liverpool did to them at Anfield - destroying them on the break.

Liverpool haven't been that bad overall, but I doubt if they're coming back from 3 down.
I'm trying to think of a previous time a Liverpool team came back from a 3-0 half-time deficit, but drawing a blank so far.

Well apart from Istanbul  there was the game vs Man United in 1994?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

An Watcher

Does anyone really give a shit. The most interesting thing about this match was the guard of honour

sid waddell

Quote from: laoislad on July 02, 2020, 09:31:50 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on July 02, 2020, 09:20:07 PM

Well apart from Istanbul  there was the game vs Man United in 1994?
Oh, yes, that time we won the European Cup after being 3-0 down at half-time! How could I forget?!

And the United game in '94 wasn't bad either!

But tonight wipes all that out, wipes it all right out.

A humiliation, and I'm furious right now. Absolutely furious, so I am.

J70

Quote from: An Watcher on July 02, 2020, 09:43:48 PM
Does anyone really give a shit. The most interesting thing about this match was the guard of honour

No, don't give two fucks. I expected nothing but a good beating under the circumstances.

supersub

Not great but it won't be remembered in the greater context so on to Villa!

maldini

Quote from: An Watcher on July 02, 2020, 09:43:48 PM

What was so interesting about that?
Teams are given them most seasons, unless the league is won on the last day, and there's never been this much talk or fuss about it

Estimator

In fairness, Liverpool were only 3-2 down at half-time in that '94 game against Utd. Utd were 3 up, but Clough scored two quick goals before the break.
Ulster League Champions 2009

GiveItToTheShooters

Apparently Thiago to Liverpool is all but done. 35 million Euro.

Capt Pat

Just after watching him there on youtube and he is a tidy footballer, a good passer. Just what we need in a central midfielder. It is an area we could possibly strengthen in the first 11.

TabClear

Disappointing result last night albeit I think some pundits are losing the run of themselves as to what it "means" for next season. It means fcuk all. Salah should have tucked away at least one before city scored and there were a couple of breaks where the last ball was poor which meant chances were lost.

City in comparison were clinical in the last third. And as for KDB, what a player. As much as I like Henderson and I think he has been immense this year, KDB is by a street the best midfielder in world football at the minute and should be POTY.

One positive is that if that Sterling rat was going to score against us, at least there were no fans!

Armamike

The first goal in these games is key.  Can't remember too many times where either team has come back from conceding. Started well and should really have been 1 up. City get a penalty and it's uphill after that.  The sharpness and focus wasn't there.Klopp was very prickly afterwards.  Not sure if that was the manner of the defeat or Geoff Shreeves being Geoff Shreeves. Probably a mixture of both. 
That's just, like your opinion man.