April Jones abduction

Started by Cold tea, October 03, 2012, 10:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on October 09, 2012, 11:48:27 AM
Quote from: J OGorman on October 09, 2012, 11:40:01 AM
it is a very emotional subject. Myles has a couple of kids, and is coming from a place where only a father can grasp how incredible the bond is between father and child. He was asking if those debating this subject with him have any children of their own...its a valid question. I'd hazard a guess most don't. For me, my whole outlook in life changed the moment I left the labour ward for the first time.

But, lets all gang up on Myles...give him a good proper forum dust up.

Yeah thats right, I don't think anyone is turning their nose up to those that don't have children that they can't make a valid point on he subject but you do have a totally different outlook when you have kids. I know when I would have heard about stories like April Jones before I had children I would have thought "bad b**tard" and not given it a second thought but now the natural reaction is "what if it happened to her/him".

Nail on the head by both of you. It might sound patronising to people who don't have children but to be honest , unless you do then you do not fully understand.

Asal Mor

Quote from: EC Unique on October 09, 2012, 11:54:08 AM
Quote from: Minder on October 09, 2012, 11:48:27 AM
Quote from: J OGorman on October 09, 2012, 11:40:01 AM
it is a very emotional subject. Myles has a couple of kids, and is coming from a place where only a father can grasp how incredible the bond is between father and child. He was asking if those debating this subject with him have any children of their own...its a valid question. I'd hazard a guess most don't. For me, my whole outlook in life changed the moment I left the labour ward for the first time.

But, lets all gang up on Myles...give him a good proper forum dust up.

Yeah thats right, I don't think anyone is turning their nose up to those that don't have children that they can't make a valid point on he subject but you do have a totally different outlook when you have kids. I know when I would have heard about stories like April Jones before I had children I would have thought "bad b**tard" and not given it a second thought but now the natural reaction is "what if it happened to her/him".

Nail on the head by both of you. It might sound patronising to people who don't have children but to be honest , unless you do then you do not fully understand.

I think I've changed my mind after reading these few posts. Free the paedos. Castrate the parents.

Mentalman

Quote from: hardstation on October 09, 2012, 12:06:46 PM
I think the judgement of people who have kids is completely clouded and they therefore cannot think rationally on this subject.
You have kids so you cannot fully understand.

;D
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

sammymaguire

Quote from: hardstation on October 09, 2012, 12:06:46 PM
I think the judgement of people who have kids is completely clouded and they therefore cannot think rationally on this subject.
You have kids so you cannot fully understand.

Why someone would want to snatch a child and abuse the poor innocent defenseless thing for their own deviant pleasure?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Mentalman

J OGorman

Quote from: Mentalman on October 09, 2012, 01:49:55 PM
Good post Fionntamhnach.

is it a good post because you agree with him? A little solidarity.  There are many many folk out there who have kids who shouldn't, of that there is no argument. Those who do have that special bond will think differently. How can you not? You will understand when / if you do. 

Mentalman

Quote from: J OGorman on October 09, 2012, 02:13:21 PM
Good post Fionntamhnach.

is it a good post because you agree with him? A little solidarity.  There are many many folk out there who have kids who shouldn't, of that there is no argument. Those who do have that special bond will think differently. How can you not? You will understand when / if you do.

Man fathers a child, never has anything to do with the boy. Another man comes into the mother's life when the child is less than 6 months old. 13 years later boy calls that man Dad, and is the only father he ever knew. Do you think that man doesn't feel the same things other fathers here feel when they read these stories? Does he feel more than the biological father who was at the birth, but never had anything to do with him?

It's complicated is all, we shouldn't make presumptions about each other's qualifications to make judgements and how we feel just based on our own experiences.

Hence why I thought it was a good post.

J OGorman

Quote from: Mentalman on October 09, 2012, 02:24:42 PM
Good post Fionntamhnach.

Man fathers a child, never has anything to do with the boy. Another man comes into the mother's life when the child is less than 6 months old. 13 years later boy calls that man Dad, and is the only father he ever knew. Do you think that man doesn't feel the same things other fathers here feel when they read these stories? Does he feel more than the biological father who was at the birth, but never had anything to do with him?

It's complicated is all, we shouldn't make presumptions about each other's qualifications to make judgements and how we feel just based on our own experiences.

who says I presume the man in question doesn't?  I didn't differentiate between  biological fathers or non-biological fathers. I've only spoken of the bond between a loving father and child.

Mentalman

Quote from: J OGorman on October 09, 2012, 02:29:47 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on October 09, 2012, 02:24:42 PM
Good post Fionntamhnach.

who says I presume the man in question doesn't?  I didn't differentiate between  biological fathers or non-biological fathers. I've only spoken of the bond between a loving father and child.

You asked me why I thought it was good, so I did. I didn't presume anything of you personally.

Gaaboardmod3

OK, enough of that bullshite Mentalman and MilltownRow

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on October 09, 2012, 02:49:42 PM

He started  it ;D

must have hit a nerve
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mentalman

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on October 09, 2012, 02:49:42 PM

Apologies, as Mark Twain said, never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

deiseach

Quote from: HiMucker on October 09, 2012, 03:35:36 PMI think thats the problem right there.  The law is flawed.  Some of the comments by parents are over the top but only on the basis that it would be a radical change.  To be fair I think some of their suggestions including put on a island ect would be closer to justice than what currently goes for justice in ireland and the uk.  Somebody mentioned earlier (in this thread I think), that the tow fellas that raped the young boy in the shopping centre in England got seven years! of which with good behaviour will do half that.  Is anyone on here parent or not seriously think thats right?  its not even close.  Some people will say life wouldnt even be enough, but come on 7 years for that!  But sure we will all suck it up because its the laws of the land.  Honeslty think that their has to be larger, wider movemnet to push through reforms regarding sentencing of sex offenders.

Good post. Just because I'm against some of the more extreme posts on here doesn't mean I think the law as it currently stands works just fine.