The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Great to get the win, and Liverpool's domination deserved it. 20 goal attempts to 4.
Substitutions worked today, I thought Benny made a big difference and even Babel showed some energy for a change.
Great cross by Aurelio and lovely header by Torres for the goal.

Alonso gave Lampard the absolute run around in midfield and hence his frustration. Tackling with a foot in the air and studs showing is always risky. I doubt Ballack or Malouda broke sweat during the game. Very similar to the United-Chelsea game, just took us a bit longer to get the opening goal, and if the ref had played 30 seconds longer the scoreline would have been the same.

Result will count for feck all if they don't beat Pompey next Saturday.

Meant to say also:
Riera is barely recognisable from the player who made such a great impact in the first half of the season. Maybe could two with a couple of weeks in Spain to recharge the batteries.
Is there a right winger in the premiership who is a worse crosser of the ball than Kuyt? He's as much chance of hitting those security people who sit behind the goals as he has of hitting Torres.

stevo-08

great result yesterday and fully deserved the 3 points. Chelsea never even looked like they wanted to win the game. Ref had an absolute nightmare - the Lampard sending off was a ridiculous decision, gerrard should have seen red and as for the bosingwa kickboxing tackle..... well maybe the ref and linesman just didnt get a good view :-\  At least riley got the gerrard dive spot on. shameful act by gerrard and I was delighted he got pulled up on it.

also, surprised it hasnt been said here but for me, Liverpool were denied a blatant penalty when terry lunged in on kuyt. Now i admit I was watching a live stream so wasnt exactly sky quality but it did look clearcut to me, Terry didnt get anywhere near the ball. and that was before the Lampard "game changing" incident.

thought aurelio and arbeloa played well and offered some width, Alonso again was excellent, masherano hasnt been playing well lately and needs to improve, kuyt huffs and puffs but again far too often he takes the wrong option, very very frustrating. torres was quiet enough and well marshalled for most of the game, but all he needs is one chance. And Benny looked quite lively when he came on.

Even though we deserved the 3 points, we were quite lucky - chelsea were comfortable enough until the sending off. If nothing else, this game should hopefully teach rafa that you never, ever, ever take torres off if you're looking for a goal. He just needs one half chance to bury a team. When babel was coming on, I was fully expecting rafa to haul off Torres, especially with Riera having already left the pitch.

As for the keane situatuion, i feel really sorry for the lad. He's a decent enough player who I dont believe has been given a fair chance by the manager. But if the manager is insisting on leaving a 20m player in the stand, then it'd be best for all concerned if keane left the club now.

nrico2006

QuoteThink you off the mark on that one. Lampard shouldn't have walked but I'm glad to see him off. Never liked him. But don't think it changed the match, only one team looked like or appeared wanting to win the game at that stage. Chelsea hadn't a shot on goal until after the sending off. It would have been cruel not to win the game, a lack of confidence in front or goal and bad decision making, saved chelsea on occasion.

Delighted with win, would have just kept Liverpool in the hunt, while Chelsea looked a team thats been there, done it and aren't arsed to do it again.

Losing a player, especially your best, is definitely going to affect a team.  Poor enough game, and Chelsea have gone backwards big time in comparison to the team packed with steel and grit from the Mourinho years.  Liverpool were fortunate enough, and to be honest they didn't look that impressive - lack a cutting edge which is a result of them carrying too many standard premiership class players (Kuyt, Reira etc).  I see Stevie G was at his usual Tom Daley impression - pretty pathetic.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nifan

Lampard was unlucky, but the ref was a bollocks for both sides from the kick off - he is just useless.

Booking Gerard was the one thing he got right. As a Liverpool fan I would hope it would cause him to cut the diving, but I wont hold my breath.
How bosingwa didnt get anything at the corner flag was a joke. Straight red definitely.

magpie seanie

You'd imagine Boswinga might get done on video evidence. What was he thinking? Crazy.

The Real Laoislad

Setanta Sports News: Robbie Keane has not trained with Liverpool this morning
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

According to Sky, Keane is on his way to London after Spurs make "cash only" offer.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on February 02, 2009, 11:13:45 AM
According to Sky, Keane is on his way to London after Spurs make "cash only" offer.

Looks like the end...Spurs only making €13mill bid though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

isourboydownyet

was at the match yesterday standing in the kop and it was pretty noticeable no one was  chanting for raffa,alot of locals around me thought he wont last the season.

Off The Fence

You couldnt belive a word that comes out of Rafas mouth!

Saviola?  Dont know about that!

Long way to go yet?

Would you fancy Aaron Lennon to solve Liverpools winger problems?

See Inter Milan have left Ricardo Quaresma out of their CL squad..  Didnt Rafa go after this boy before?

Rossie11

Reckon keane is gone. He looked too relaxed yesterday in crowd like he knew something was sorted.

longrunsthefox

I never got that Robbie Keane purchase and was astonished they offered Crouch plus money for him!!!!  Should have been other way around As a blue man I'd have Crouch anytime...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: under the bar on January 30, 2009, 10:01:53 AM
Ardal says:
QuoteHuntelaar is getting a ton more match practice. Diarra is only getting a few minutes here and there. Think that clears up who they'll play

Corn02 says:
QuoteBut European football is a different beast. I have a feeling they will pick Diarra.

Who's right?  Only time will tell! Who would you put your money on?

Diarra has been included in Real Madrids squad for the Champions League
You'll Never Walk Alone.