What were the ronaldo jokes corn?
Has keane really fell that far down the pecking order that rafa would
Push gerrard up front?

Hound

Quote from: new devil on January 19, 2009, 09:54:19 AM
What were the ronaldo jokes corn?
Has keane really fell that far down the pecking order that rafa would
Push gerrard up front?
Gerrard played behind Kuyt in the last 2 league games, the 5-1 v Newky and the 0-0 v Stoke

new devil

do yous not think keane deserves more of a chance?

under the bar

QuoteHere's my treble this week:

Tonight - Liverpool win
Tomorrow - Gerrard guilty
Friday - Everton win

I am all for a tasteless, topical joke, but the Gerrard/Ronaldo ones have been very poor. UTB I think that was the worst yet.

Why? Do you think tonight will be a draw?

EC Unique

QuoteRAFA BENITEZ took another swipe at Kop chiefs for the deal delay that could see Daniel Agger go to Italy.

Benitez said: "The club have been too slow on Agger's contract and he's now all over the papers because we were not quick enough.

"Agger was telling me he wants to stay. His commitment to the club is 100 per cent but they have been waiting and waiting and waiting and don't know what is happening."

AC Milan want the 24-year-old Danish centre-back, whose Kop deal runs out in 18 months.

Last week his agent Per Steffensen met Milan sporting director Ariedo Braida.

But Steffensen insisted: "There's been a lot of speculation that's been wide of the mark. I was over just to build a relationship with the club."

Benitez has halted his own contract talks until the Anfield outfit's US owners agree to give him greater control of transfers.

Now he has launched a thinly-veiled dig at Kop chief exec Rick Parry.

However, the Spaniard added: "I know Agger wants to stay so we can find a solution."

Is having stuff like this printed in the tabloids really the way to deal with problems? :-\

full back

I think the only solution is to gag this man
FFS, he just cant seem to keep anything behind closed doors
All this yapping for a club 2nd in the PL & through to the next round of the CL ::)

charlie stubbs

must get 3 points tonight.would like to see rafa go for the jugular 2night and start keane torres upfront with a mf of kuyt,alonso,gerrard,riera and try and stretch everton from the off.  i feel that when teams that we should be beating at home come sometimes it takes us too long to get going.  an early goal in these type of games can be great for confidence and also immediately puts self doubt in the opposition.  everton on a good run at the moment though they will be delighted with a point 2night considering they will be missing fellaini and their striker situation

corn02

Quote from: charlie stubbs on January 19, 2009, 12:22:04 PM
must get 3 points tonight.would like to see rafa go for the jugular 2night and start keane torres upfront with a mf of kuyt,alonso,gerrard,riera and try and stretch everton from the off.  i feel that when teams that we should be beating at home come sometimes it takes us too long to get going.  an early goal in these type of games can be great for confidence and also immediately puts self doubt in the opposition.  everton on a good run at the moment though they will be delighted with a point 2night considering they will be missing fellaini and their striker situation

Team I think we will see tonight.

Reina
Carragher Agger Hyypia Aurelio
Kuyt Gerrard Alonson Reira
Torres Keane

Hound

Quote from: EC Unique on January 19, 2009, 10:25:25 AM
QuoteRAFA BENITEZ took another swipe at Kop chiefs for the deal delay that could see Daniel Agger go to Italy.
Benitez said: "The club have been too slow on Agger's contract and he's now all over the papers because we were not quick enough.
"Agger was telling me he wants to stay. His commitment to the club is 100 per cent but they have been waiting and waiting and waiting and don't know what is happening."
AC Milan want the 24-year-old Danish centre-back, whose Kop deal runs out in 18 months.
Last week his agent Per Steffensen met Milan sporting director Ariedo Braida.
But Steffensen insisted: "There's been a lot of speculation that's been wide of the mark. I was over just to build a relationship with the club."
Benitez has halted his own contract talks until the Anfield outfit's US owners agree to give him greater control of transfers.
Now he has launched a thinly-veiled dig at Kop chief exec Rick Parry.
However, the Spaniard added: "I know Agger wants to stay so we can find a solution."

Is having stuff like this printed in the tabloids really the way to deal with problems? :-\
The problem is tabloids taking bits from interviews Rafa gave, and addiing extra stuff in to make headlines.

According to the rag above, this is what Benitez said, and according to them it was a dig at Parry! :

"The club have been too slow on Agger's contract and he's now all over the papers because we were not quick enough.

"I know Agger wants to stay so we can find a solution."

The quote is correct apart from the bold and italics.
The bold is a total fabrication, totally made up.

And the italics has been the subject of creative exaggeration by the reporter - what Rafa actually said was "he is waiting for our phone call"

Actual interview is reproduced here:
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N162879090117-1125.htm

magpie seanie

I would be surprised if Benitez played that team. When is the last time he played Gerrard in central midfield with 2 up front? He thinks that it is too attacking and he is probably right. Keane will be on the bench with Macherano in midfield to cover for Gerrard.

full back

Everton are going to put out a defensive team because of their lack of strikers
If Rafa plays his usual conservative team it will be a complete borefest

Any other big 4 manager would go for the jugglar if the other team were missing players, but I fear Rafa hasnt the gonads & would rather get a point than risk it

Hound

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 19, 2009, 12:55:58 PM
I would be surprised if Benitez played that team. When is the last time he played Gerrard in central midfield with 2 up front? He thinks that it is too attacking and he is probably right. Keane will be on the bench with Macherano in midfield to cover for Gerrard.
The last time was probably at Goodison earlier in the season, when Liverpool won 2-0. He played the same midfield and strikeforce as per Corn's mail.  But I doubt he'll do it this time.

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 19, 2009, 12:55:58 PM

To be fair Seanie, Torres' injuries have dictated a lot of that, He played Kuyt and Keane a couple of times as well, can't mind who though? I know United was one, who else, West Brom maybe?  ???

magpie seanie

I see Mascherano was injured for that first Everton game. Maybe he does play that formation more than I thought.

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 19, 2009, 01:10:31 PM
I see Mascherano was injured for that first Everton game. Maybe he does play that formation more than I thought.

Slightly more, but never away from home really.