The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Could have won but could easily have lost,I'm happy enough with the point, I think its fairly certain both teams are going through to next round anyways..
A point against them at Anfield and a win at home to Marseille or away to PSV is no real problem I would think
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Yes I Would

Dunphy's in bad oul form tonight.
Would have had Robbie off to f**k for showboating and making a hash of the chance in first half.

Would have taken a draw before game, but gettin into a position to win, just didnt come out to play second half and still look dodgy at the back.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Yes I Would on October 22, 2008, 09:44:02 PM
Dunphy's in bad oul form tonight.
Would have had Robbie off to f**k for showboating and making a hash of the chance in first half.

Would have taken a draw before game, but gettin into a position to win, just didnt come out to play second half and still look dodgy at the back.

Whats Dunphy saying  ??? I can't watch him anymore or I will throw a brick through the TV
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Yes I Would

At half time claimed that Keanes attempt to flick the delivery across the goal was disgraceful and Rafa should have dragged him off.
He just doesnt let it lie.

Last night the same, only he was going completely OTT about Rooney. Id swear if Rooney had have been there beside him, Dunphy would have yanked his togs down and taken the granny shaggers todger in his mouth.

Puckoon

Liverpool are very hard to watch by times. Taking off Keane was a mistake IMHO - he was constantly threatening.

He must have thought he was Lee Sharpe with that flick - I wonder how he'd missed the ball until I saw it in slow motion - he deserved a good yelling at for that effort.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on October 22, 2008, 09:56:15 PM
Liverpool are very hard to watch by times. Taking off Keane was a mistake IMHO - he was constantly threatening.

He must have thought he was Lee Sharpe with that flick - I wonder how he'd missed the ball until I saw it in slow motion - he deserved a good yelling at for that effort.

Keane was taken off because he had a problem with his groin
You'll Never Walk Alone.

under the bar

QuoteKeane was taken off because he had a problem with his groin

Obviously not Eamonn Dunphy's mouth latched onto it by all accounts according to Yes I Would.  :-X

Mentalman

Like others I would have been happy with a point before the match, but lets be honest Athletico are at nothing at the moment despite having good players, they are not a team. Knocked the ball around well at times and it should have been a calkwalk. The substitutions, which were competely necessary with Chelsea in mind, unbalanced the side. How he kept Yossi on I will never know. Despite offering the odd threat going forward, he just kept giving the ball away. Don't think he retreated into his own half once. Arbeloa was given the run around by the Portuguese lad, despite him not exactly pulling up trees. Maloney wasn't half gloating over the equaliser and reminding us of the Benfica game in 06 - a Utd. fan for your life. Thought Dossena was slightly better tonight, but that's coming from a very low base. Midfield was good, Alonso seems to be really enjoying his football again. Robbie was lively. Thought Babel didn't try a leg when he came on, unlike Daggler who just loves the work. In the end, as I said, it's a game Liverpool should have won, and maybe with a bit more concentration could have, but at the end of the day they are coming out of this group in first place.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Hound

Quote from: Mentalman on October 22, 2008, 10:37:04 PM
The substitutions, which were competely necessary with Chelsea in mind, unbalanced the side. How he kept Yossi on I will never know. Despite offering the odd threat going forward, he just kept giving the ball away. Don't think he retreated into his own half once. Arbeloa was given the run around by the Portuguese lad, despite him not exactly pulling up trees.
Don't agree that the all the subs were necessary. Alonso was Liverpool's best player in the 2nd half and never should have been taken off, especially with, as you say, Benny being shíte. Simao was the only player who looked like he could score for them, the obvious substitution was to take off Benny and put someone (Lucas would have done) on the right to make it harder for Simao.

But an away draw against the best opposition in the group is not bad I suppose.

EDIT: Benitez is saying Alonso was injured. He didnt look it coming off, but maybe.

"I explained the reason already, he was injured and he was asking for the substitution"

Mentalman

Yeah, word this morning is all three subbed out are doubts for the Chelsea game.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

magpie seanie

Fair play to the Fat waiter but he is getting cute. Telling everyone that he took the lads off cos they were injured is a good tactic. He's getting smart in his old age.

Robbie offside for the goal and a joke of an attempt but its ok cos the wind moved the ball.

corn02

Now Seanie I would define cute as a United fan coming on and complaining about Liverpool getting an offside goal.

supersarsfields

Especially when they were denied one that was never off side aswell.

All in all I wasn't that overly impressed. Thought at the start that we should have pushed on and tried to get a few more. The longer the game went on the more AM got into it. Keane definitely should have done better tho he took his goal well. Benny was crap. How he got to last I don't know. But if Rafa is honest about the injuries then I suppose there wasn't much option.

Not that confident going into the weekend now!!