The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

If it is still that bad in a month's time, then I will be worried. You've a new forward partnership (I thought they showed somepromising glimpses - Torres should have buried the one Keane set up for him in the first half), a new left back and a not-fully-fit Gerrard, so its going to take a while to get going. That doesn't mean it will, obviously, but I wouldn't get too disheartened yet. The lack of a threat from out wide is worrying though. Babel has to make his mark this year.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on August 23, 2008, 05:16:43 PM
If it is still that bad in a month's time, then I will be worried. You've a new forward partnership (I thought they showed somepromising glimpses - Torres should have buried the one Keane set up for him in the first half), a new left back and a not-fully-fit Gerrard, so its going to take a while to get going. That doesn't mean it will, obviously, but I wouldn't get too disheartened yet. The lack of a threat from out wide is worrying though. Babel has to make his mark this year.

With a Champions League game,then Villa away then United coming up we would want to get our arses in gear pretty sharpish
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 23, 2008, 05:20:06 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 23, 2008, 05:16:43 PM

With a Champions League game,then Villa away then United coming up we would want to get our arses in gear pretty sharpish

True enough.

J70

Carmen Stateside

Its not often Stevie does that! :)
Poor performance overall.  What was up with Alonso today ??? Keane showed signs of improvement which was a plus, still need some width badly!

derryexile

We are crying out for width... teams are crowding the middle and we can't break them down... in our two matches so far we have got out of jail owing to moments of magic from individual players!!

Today was lucky!!

Reina - Quality
Arbeloa - Poor, got turned a few times and offered nothing going forward... he is an average player at best, at least Finnan would get forward and would gaurantee at least three to four good crosses per game...
Carragher - Ok
Skertel - Good defensively but gave too many balls away with 30 - 40 yard hopeful balls at best
Dossena - Good defensively and tried to get forward, has the makings of a good left back
Kuyt - Fed up saying this... great workrate, poor shooting, poor passing
Alonso - Very poor today, uncharacteristically gave away a lot of possession
Gerrard - Was ok, but like Alonso gave away a lot of ball
Benayoun - Crap! Why he persists with this clown I will never know! Manages to take it around 2 players and then mislays a 10 yard pass and always manages to find trouble!!!!
Torres - Always looked dangerous but was starved of good quality ball
Keane - Some good link up play with Torres which was encouraging but he too didn't receive enough quality ball

The Real Laoislad

Some good news....
We are Top of the League for 12 hours at least.. :D
And we have a Olympic Gold Medalist coming back to us next week!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 23, 2008, 08:53:01 PM
Some good news....
We are Top of the League for 12 hours at least.. :D
And we have a Olympic Gold Medalist coming back to us next week!

Stop or we'll have the usual muppets coming on telling us we're all deluded and that we supposedly think its "our year".

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: derryexile on August 23, 2008, 07:39:30 PM
We are crying out for width... teams are crowding the middle and we can't break them down... in our two matches so far we have got out of jail owing to moments of magic from individual players!!

Today was lucky!!

Reina - Quality
Arbeloa - Poor, got turned a few times and offered nothing going forward... he is an average player at best, at least Finnan would get forward and would gaurantee at least three to four good crosses per game...
Carragher - Ok
Skertel - Good defensively but gave too many balls away with 30 - 40 yard hopeful balls at best
Dossena - Good defensively and tried to get forward, has the makings of a good left back
Kuyt - Fed up saying this... great workrate, poor shooting, poor passing
Alonso - Very poor today, uncharacteristically gave away a lot of possession
Gerrard - Was ok, but like Alonso gave away a lot of ball
Benayoun - Crap! Why he persists with this clown I will never know! Manages to take it around 2 players and then mislays a 10 yard pass and always manages to find trouble!!!!
Torres - Always looked dangerous but was starved of good quality ball
Keane - Some good link up play with Torres which was encouraging but he too didn't receive enough quality ball

Would agree with most of that after todays game but  I disagree with you about Benayoun,Fair enough today wasn't a good day on site but he is a good player and has preformed very well for Liverpool in the past
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

when has benayoun performed well in the past,bar his hat trick against Besiktas? When we have players like him starting we will never win the league
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

glens73

Liverpool could well be 4 points worse off now, so it's good news for me.

I know they are not playing great so far but they will improve and it's better to be playing badly and winning than playing well and drawing or even losing.

They do desperately need some width though, hopefully Babel will start to live up to his potential soon, he needs to do it this season

corn02

Mentalman

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

corn02

A much classier player than Pennant. Not first choice but it looks likely at this stage. Could be a good option.

Carmen Stateside

He had a decent game saturday.  Would a right sided winger not be priority or would he move Babel across?