The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I wouldn't pass much remarks on that statement Gab. It seems to be based on this

QuoteDuring discussions in the past few days, a final deadline to conclude this episode was set that all parties were aware of and agreed to. This deadline has now passed and so Gareth will remain with Villa.

I'd say it's just a prod to Liverpool to hurry up and get it done, or go away.

Of course he may well stay at Villa, but i don't think that announcement is the last we'll hear.

Yes I Would

Well i hope it is the end of it, and Liverpool can concentrate on hitting the ground running.
Plenty of options available and if Alonso gets a good run of games then he could have a big season for us. Keane and Torres up front will suit his style of play

Hound

An incredibly lame statement from Villa!

In any event I've always struggled to be convinced that Barry is better than Alonso

Hound

Keane, Ngog and Voronin all start tonight, so presumably one of them in midfield

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Gabriel_Hurl

Team

Diego Cavalieri
Andrea Dossena
Sami Hyypia
Martin Skrtel
Stephen Darby
Damien Plessis
Yossi Benayoun
Steven Gerrard
Andriy Voronin
Robbie Keane
David Ngog

Subs:

Steve Finnan
Daniel Agger
Fernando Torres
Xabi Alonso
Jermaine Pennant
Alvaro Arbeloa
Dirk Kuyt
Daniel Pacheco
Krisztian Nemeth
Jay Spearing
Emiliano Insua
Jamie Carragher
Pepe Reina

Hound

First Half:
Diego Cavalieri
Stephen Darby - Sami Hyypia - Martin Skrtel - Andrea Dossena
Andriy Voronin - Damien Plessis - Steven Gerrard - Yossi Benayoun
Robbie Keane - David Ngog

2nd half
Diego
Steve Finnan - Daniel Agger - Carra - Insua
Jermaine Pennant - Jay Spearing - Plessis - Dirk Kuyt
Daniel Pacheco - Krisztian Nemeth

Alonso, Arbeloa and Torres on for the last 20 minutes (for Plessis, Finnan and Nemeth).
Reina on for the last 10 minutes (to huge ovation! (ex-Villareal))

I've missed a fair bit of the 2nd half, but nobody has stood out as particularly good or bad. Heading for no score.

The Real Laoislad

I know he's young and raw but that Ngog reminds me of a forward version of Djimi Traore..
Dossena looks a bit overweight too if you ask me..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Hound on July 30, 2008, 07:04:43 PM
An incredibly lame statement from Villa!

In any event I've always struggled to be convinced that Barry is better than Alonso

In my opinion he is a better player than Alonso, brings much more to a team with all round play and versatility, he has shone in a mediocre team for over ten years and would have been a great foil for Gerrard.  Great news for Villa though, well played O'Neill he named his price from day one - simple as that and Liverpool could not match it.  Villa now (hopefully) get to keep their best player who will have a lot to prove to the fans next year.  
As for Liverpool, I would be very worried that a Club who call themselves genuine challengers for the League will prob end up with a net positive spend this Summer of a few million quid.  They will again get fourth and finish a good 15-20 points off the top.

stiff breeze

rafa looks a bit overweight if you ask me. He must have pigged out during off season

Hound

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 30, 2008, 10:39:18 PM
I know he's young and raw but that Ngog reminds me of a forward version of Djimi Traore..
Dossena looks a bit overweight too if you ask me..

Well I was expecting him to be a forward version of Djimi, so I was glad that he looked (slightly) better than that! He's a big enough lad, and looks to have pace too.

Dossena doesnt look like a £7m full back, but its early days. Chunky rather than plump I'd hope.

Robbie made a balls of the chance he got, but did alright otherwise.

Great effort by Spearing at the end.

AZOffaly

Insua looks like he wasn't too far from the cake tray as well over the summer.

Torres looked dangerous when he came on.

stiff breeze

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 30, 2008, 10:49:31 PM
Insua looks like he wasn't too far from the cake tray as well over the summer.

Torres looked dangerous when he came on.

yeah , like he might eat some1 the fat bastard

The Real Laoislad

Also it is now fact...Ray Houghton is just as annoying on Sky Sports as he is on RTE
You'll Never Walk Alone.