Previous topic - Next topic

Minus15

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minus15 on June 04, 2008, 03:39:58 PM
i would say van der vaart

He's hardly "not a young player" he's only 25
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

A few was hoping it was Van Der Vert. Wasn't dismissed but at that stage it was like a Who's who of European football. He only denied the other two after papers ahd linked them to a move from their clubs to England and a number of clubs.

ExiledGael

Quote from: bingobus on June 04, 2008, 03:16:46 PM
YNWA.tv, poster by name of Elisha Scott has inside track with Stevie G.

Has also said that Liverpool have been talking to an estblished international (foreign) who plays in midfield secondstriker/hole role that Gerrard had been playing in. Not a young player but someone well into his career with a proven record. To date this players hasn't been linked to Liverpool in the papers.

Suggestions from others it is Aimar and Stankovic. He has siad its defo not these two but along them lines.

Aimar will definitely be up for grabs with Zaragoza going down, but he seems to have lost that spark of a few years back.

Uladh

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 04, 2008, 03:52:56 PM

nor an established international like aimar

Surreal Steve

Quote from: Uladh on June 04, 2008, 08:26:12 PM

if van der vaart isnt an established international player, then who is? 100+ caps?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Uladh on June 04, 2008, 08:26:12 PM

Jaysus, Uladh, sometimes you spout off against anything Liverpool without any form of thought process. ::)

http://www.rafaelvdvaart.nl/carriere_uk.asp

Here is a link Uladh to his website.  It gives details of his career.  It is a bit out of date as he has only 41 caps for Holland and 8 goals.  He has since played 9 more times and scored 4 more goals.

Wiki gives a better record of his career and here it is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_van_der_Vaart#Club_statistics

If you compare that to an established international like, say, Cristiano Ronaldo, he figures well.  The great ronaldo has played 55 games and scored 22 goals.  He is a better player of course but he is no more "established" than Van Der Vaart.

Uladh

sorry lads... mixing him up with van der made or whatever he's called!

Minus15

to mix him up with van der meyde just shows that u know fcuk all so don't constantly try to rip into everyone else's comments. There's far too many nitpickers like u uladh who just end up making pricks out of themselves!

AZOffaly

No need for that Minus15. Uladh obviously made a mistake and explained it. I didn't see him 'rip' into anyone. All he said was Van Der Vaart wasn't an established international like Aimar. He got mixed up in his Dutch players. Hardly a hanging offence.

brokencrossbar1

I wouldn't go as far as minus did but Uladh does troll in and out of the Liverpool thread looking for a rise.  He made an arse of himself this time and I think he knows full well who Van der Meyde is.

Anyway we'll not lose any sleep over it.

More to the point the deal with Alonso seems to be done bar the shouting.  Haggling over a few million.  If Barry is bought, who else do they need?  Top class winger in my view and if Crouch and the Vorinator are sold(please!!!!!) another good striker at least.

AZOffaly

Jaysus BC, I'm trying to do my UN bit here. :D

brokencrossbar1

Typical Biffo, Taoiseach, President of the US and now Peace Ambassador for the UN.  Can you lot not just stick to hurling and bog snorkling? ;D

corn02

I hear David Villa is a real posibilty - would do me grand. After that Bentley would be brilliant.