The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Birmingham will be kicking themselves if they end up getting relegated, Liverpool where there for the taking today.

Great performance by pennant, he must have been motivated to perform against his former team.

Voronin=waste of space
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Yes I Would

Decent last 30 today, but decent performance from Pennant only papers over the cracks!!
A clear out needed and he is one who has to go, if we are gonna be serious in challenging for league title next year!!

myball22

Agreed, a largely second string Utd 11 were 6 mins away from a result at the Bridge, we cannot trust this lot to get results except anyone in relegation trouble, a lot of the players on display yesterday are  not good enough to challenge at the level we want to play at and will have to go.

J70

2-2 in the Everton-Villa game, so the final champions league spot is now officially Liverpool's.

Looks like the reserves will be finishing the season. Insua did quite well when he came on yesterday, so it will be interesting to see himself and the likes of Plessis get another couple of games.

under the bar

QuoteA clear out needed and he is one who has to go, if we are gonna be serious in challenging for league title next year!!

hmm.... might take a bit more than that!  :P

bingobus

Funny how at the United V Chelsea game on Sunday how the players constantly confronted the Ref re decisions. Yet no cards, yellow or red?

Goes to show how Mash card V United was a case of a ref reacting to the events of that week. He his was a card, then at least a few players should have been carded on Saturday. But, hey, its the England Captains and its players who care so much in such a big game (as FiveLive discussed) that it is to be expected and excused.

Ps, Under the bar, not too much of a clear out needed. If (and I don't like using the word - too easy to do so) the pool had beaten United in both of the games this year, then we'd be a point ahead of united. First goal in first game was always going to key on the day, while second game was a bad day at office.

I would say Liverpool need to strenghten in both full back positions (although I think Insua at LB is a great prospect), left wing (Babbel may be our 2nd stricker), right wing (if the right RB was bought, I'd be happy with pennant and Kuyt as RM though). I would also like to see a another quality forward to play with Torres or In Gerrads role.

To go: Riise, Finnan, Voronin, Benayoun, Carson, Kewell, Voronin.

From the Bunker

You definately want Voronin (x2) out anyway! ;)

bingobus

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 28, 2008, 12:26:46 PM

You definately want Voronin (x2) out anyway! ;)

Just to be sure  :D

Billys Boots

Quotethe likes of Plessis

From the little I've seen of him, he looks a very decent prospect.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hound

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 28, 2008, 12:33:57 PM
Quotethe likes of Plessis

From the little I've seen of him, he looks a very decent prospect.
Personally I think he's as good as he's going to get. Which is steady and neat. But for me he's neither energetic enough or good enough going forward to make it at top level. I've seen him about 4 or 5 times for the reserves, and he never stood out.

Billys Boots

I've only seen him twice Hound, and against Arsenal he was sitting back a bit alright, but he looked calm enough and assured on the ball.  I'll bow to your superior knowledge.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hank Everlast

Thats the firs t real look iv had at Plessis and hes like a sissoko that can pass!

nifan

Whats the thoughts on the transfer targets?
I like Barry as a player, but I dont think we should be paying a fortune for him - I would prefer a more out and out winger with more pace, and i cant see him playing much in the centre. Money best being spen elsewhere I think

Hound

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 28, 2008, 12:45:30 PM
I've only seen him twice Hound, and against Arsenal he was sitting back a bit alright, but he looked calm enough and assured on the ball.  I'll bow to your superior knowledge.  ;)
To be honest, I'm probably a bit biased against him. He plays alongside Jay Spearing in the centre of midfield for the reserves. Spearing is a scouser, no bigger than Scholes, maybe an inch or two shorter! Spearing charges about for 90 minutes, getting stuck in, trying to make things happen, takes risks. He makes a tackle on the edge of our own box one minute, and gets on the end of cross in the opposition box the next. Gets his fair share of goals too. Plessis waltzes around the centre circle, nearly always available alright and rarely gives it away, but equally rarely plays a key pass. So I was disappointed Plessis got his chance before the local lad.   

brokencrossbar1

Barry is good but is it not possible that this may be his agent using the Carson situation as a way to get a move.  Villa won't pay the money for Carson so they take him and say £7m for Barry.  Not beyond the realms of possibility and O'Neill came out today to say that Carson's situation will only be considered at the end of the season.  If they did this kind of deal I think it would be good business and would leave good money in the pot to strenghten the rest of the squad.  

Crouch will go, as will fat Harry, the Vorinator, Riise and maybe Benuyoun.  I would keep Finnan as he is an experienced pro and they won't get money for him.  He could be a very reliable squad player.  Bring in Bentley, a strong running right back, another striker to score 15-20 goals a season.  Hopefully he will blood more reserve team players in the last 2 games, I would like to see how Nemeth copes as he could potentially save a lot of money.  They will have Agger back, which will be like signing a new player and hopefully Alonso will regain his form.