The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 06, 2007, 07:35:19 PM
Liverpool were one dimensional and never looked like scoring from open play. Aside from a 10 minute spell after the Liverpool goal Arsenal were always in control.

You might reclaim the Kop but you won't be reclaiming the league title with that side any time soon.... ;)

Whereas Arsenal are powering ahead with the rebuilding of their title challenge... ;)

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 06, 2007, 07:37:17 PM
QuoteGive the likes of Fowler, Palletta, Warnock

Is Warnock not at Wolves on loan? Or is that Potter?

I take it there will be a lot of critical remarks about Alonso's dive? Thought Liverpool were poor today, and carried little threat. The 2nd and 3rd goals were poor defending, but do you not think Dudek was flat footed for the first too?

Was it a dive? I watched it on an internet stream, so I haven't seen any detailed replays. Looked like contact to me, but I stand to be corrected. If it was a dive, then the card was deserved. Its not as if he is someone who does that every week.

Dudek probably should have done better for the first, but he's hardly played in the past year, so you can't be too hard on him.

Dinny Breen

QuoteIt was the FA Cup tonight Dinny so no need for comments on the premiership and Arsenal are way off re claiming the Premiership

It was a tongue in cheek comment, hence the wink. Both Liverpool's squad as Arsenal's are currently not good enough however Arsenal can live with and beat the top sides away and home wins over Liverpool, away win over Manure and away draw to the Russians, Liverpool imho lack quality up front Arsenal are too young to cope with physical football at the mo' but will come good in the next two years.

There was contact on Alsonso but he brought his trailing right foot across to hit Silva, seen them given but the ref was perfectly positoned and wasn't codded. Not a blatent dive though imho..
#newbridgeornowhere

BenDover

Anyone shed any light on why there was a 6 minute protest at the start of the match?

Just read the previous page and found my answer  ::)

Dinny Breen

QuoteAnyone shed any light on why there was a 6 minute protest at the start of the match?

check gabriel Hurls last post on the previous page..

The protest was a credit to Liverpool fans everywhere, a touching moment I tought, the BBC did their best not to mention as well...
#newbridgeornowhere

GalwayBayBoy

What a shite performance. What on earth was Dudek doing out there? He looked yards off the pace. Reina I feel would have saved at least 2 of the 3 goals. If he wanted to rest Reina why not do it in the Carling Cup game instead? The defending was atrocious as well for nearly all the Arsenal goals. Real gifts.

Well done to the fans on the protest. Came across fantastic.

QuoteI take it there will be a lot of critical remarks about Alonso's dive?

Considering there was clear contact I don't think he should even have been booked.

http://homepage.mac.com/rob.cozens/LFC/iMovieTheater23.html

laoislad

What do you think of this rumour lads
The reason Craig Bellamy wasn't used last night is beacuse Rafa didn't want to cup tie him as he is planning to sell him to Aston Villa in order to finance money to buy Darren Bent from Charlton
What ye think could it be true?

Square Ball

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 06, 2007, 08:55:41 PM
What a shite performance. What on earth was Dudek doing out there? He looked yards off the pace. Reina I feel would have saved at least 2 of the 3 goals. If he wanted to rest Reina why not do it in the Carling Cup game instead? The defending was atrocious as well for nearly all the Arsenal goals. Real gifts.

Well done to the fans on the protest. Came across fantastic.

QuoteI take it there will be a lot of critical remarks about Alonso's dive?

Considering there was clear contact I don't think he should even have been booked.

http://homepage.mac.com/rob.cozens/LFC/iMovieTheater23.html

when i click on the link it opens as an e-mail, haven't see the incident so cant comment
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

supersarsfields

Terrible performance. Never really looked like causing a threat. Thought Garcia, Crouch, Pennant were all crap!! I would clear these out for a start. As i said before if Newcastle were stupid enough to offer 12 M for Crouch them liverpool should bite their hand of. When he plays for liverpool we become one dimensional like Dinny says!! Lofting a long ball in to a big target man!!
Kuyt to me still looks like he'll be a great signing!! Works his ass of and has great control on the ground.
Ref the Alonso booking. If def wasn't a booking as there was contact but whether or not it was a penalty i'm not sure. Ref should have just played on as i felt the card was harsh.
Henry did feck all for so long and then makes just one chance and puts it away!! He'll be back to his best in no time unfortunately!!

magpie seanie

What was the protest about and more importantly what is it supposed to achieve? Its not clear to me.

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2007, 12:40:06 PM
What was the protest about and more importantly what is it supposed to achieve? Its not clear to me.

I think there are still journalists and others out there who maintain that the Liverpool fans were to blame for Hillsborough.

laoislad

I think it was more that they reckon Liverpool fans stole wallets from the dead lying on the pitch,it was reported in The Sun newspaper at the time and i don't think The Sun ever withdrew the comments

winghalfun

Kelvin McKenzie who was editor of the Sun made very hurtful and scurrelous remarks in the immediate aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster regarding the alleged behaviour of Liverpool fans.
In recent years he subsequently withdrew his remarks but just within the last few weeks he has stated that his apology was false and that he now stands by all that was written.
This is what the 6 minute protest was about (the length the game lasted)

Was listening to Alan Green's commentary on Radio 5 Live and he was very fervent in his approval of what the Liverpool fans were doing.

He more or less said "I was there that day and have a fair enough picture of what exactly happened".
He was very scathing on McKenzie and his disgraceful turnaround.

J70

Quote from: laoislad on January 08, 2007, 01:04:47 PM
I think it was more that they reckon Liverpool fans stole wallets from the dead lying on the pitch,it was reported in The Sun newspaper at the time and i don't think The Sun ever withdrew the comments

Of course, but the Sun article at the time, titled "The Truth" also alleged that drunk fans without tickets caused the crush by trying to force their way into the stand past the cops. I think there was a lot of anger over the past few weeks because Kelvin McKenzie recently claimed that he only retracted the allegations under pressure from above.

Sausalito Bay

And the reason for the protest being held yesterday specifically is that the BBC has recently employed McKenzie to work on a number of programmes for them. It was as much a protest against the BBC as McKenzie.