The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

new devil

Quote from: Minder on March 30, 2008, 10:00:32 PM
No he didnt Stiffler, the 5 yellows = suspension is done away with at a certain part of the season, not sure when but we have passed it, he just gets a warning from the FA !

Think its this day 2 weeks the deadline is minder!

Minder

It aint devil,they said in commentary today it had passed
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

Thought i heard them say during the united game yesterday that it was another two weeks...most of heard wrong!

Norf Tyrone

Nearly sure it's the end of February or so. I think at that stage you need to accrue 7 bookings for a supension, and then at some stage it goes to 9 bookings.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Abble

anyone spot the tackle by lee carsley on torres there on last nights highlights ? all studs showing could have broke his leg! should have been a straight red. aside from that not the slickest performance by any means but the fighting spirit was back most important of all before this weeks champions league game

i have a wee feeling the bolton game might have taken a lot out of arsenal there on saturday. its still a toss of a coin though and just looking forward to seeing liverpool battle and letting arsenal know they're in a game first and foremost. an away goal would be sweet and it could happen, arsenal have been a bit leaky recently.

AZOffaly

Decent first half performance yesterday, but you can still see the deficiencies. Kuyt works hard (standard comment, always followed by....) BUT his quality is very poor. Babel was in and out, but I have hopes for him next season. This formation suits Gerrard, and he was good, not great, yesterday while Lucas slotted in for Masch, but I felt he was poor.

Skrtel was good, but Everton were woeful going forward, and you get the feeling that a derby game suits Skrtel, he loves those mad slifing challenges and headers. A lad running at him, or moving him around, a lá Rooney is still very uncomfortable for him.

4th place is not secure yet, but Everton also have to face Chelsea and Arsenal, so I'd be a bit more confident than I was on Friday evening. Still a lot of work to be done though.

As for Wednesday night, there's a lot of talk of trying to get a 0-0 up at the Emirates, but I think that would be a mistake. 0-0 at home in the first leg of a European tie is never a bad result, despite what the papers say, and I think Liverpool need to get an away goal. I certainly wouldn't bet against Arsenal coming to Anfield and scoring, so a 1-0 win, or even a 1-1 draw would be good for Liverpool Anything else, apart from variations of a Liverpool win or a score draw, would be a bad result in my opinion.

magpie seanie

Carsleys tackle was dangerous alright and was lucky to stay on. On a similar subject I was amazed to see Wengers reaction to Diabt getting sent off (rightly) for a similar tackle to the one Taylor broke Eduardo's leg with. Fierce hypocrite.

Surreal Steve

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 31, 2008, 09:40:43 AM
Carsleys tackle was dangerous alright and was lucky to stay on. On a similar subject I was amazed to see Wengers reaction to Diabt getting sent off (rightly) for a similar tackle to the one Taylor broke Eduardo's leg with. Fierce hypocrite.

Wenger said Diaby desered to go and that he had no complaints.

AZOffaly

Saw that Seanie. Did he say anything afterwards? His tut-tut was sickening to look at. The injury doesn;t make the tackle bad, the tackle itself makes the tackle bad. The recipient is just lucky or unlucky in terms of result of the tackle. The Bolton lad was lucky, the Arsenal lad Eduardo was unlucky.

I don't think Diaby's tackle was as high as Taylors, but it was bad.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Surreal Steve on March 31, 2008, 09:45:31 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 31, 2008, 09:40:43 AM

Wenger said Diaby desered to go and that he had no complaints.

I didn't see that Steve. If he did, then fair enough. What was his shaking his head about so? Did he feel the Bolton lad was making a meal of it?

magpie seanie

I was on about his reaction immediately afterwards. I'd expected the usual "I didn't see it" reaction in the interview afterwards. At least in fairness to him he said the right thing afterwards.

Dinny Breen

QuoteOn a similar subject I was amazed to see Wengers reaction to Diabt getting sent off (rightly) for a similar tackle to the one Taylor broke Eduardo's leg with. Fierce hypocrite.

Obviously some people don't read or watch interviews where Wenger said Diaby deserved to go, people really should have their facts straight before coming out with their usual anti-Wenger bullshit...it's amazing how a manager that has seen his team go two goals down and have a player sent off for a stupid tackle is now allowed express any kind of emotion in the immediate aftermath ..  ::)
#newbridgeornowhere

imtommygunn

Yes but he made excuses.

"It was a protective tackle". Protective of what I'd like to know??

Don't get me wrong I don't mind Wenger but excuses were made...

AZOffaly

Ah Dinny, fair is fair. We've both said fair play if he held his hands up afterwards. What annoyed me looking at it was the contrasts in his reactions to the Taylor and Diaby tackles. When you have been as vociferous about a bad tackle a matter of weeks beforehand, you can't be shaking your head bemusedly when one of your own players gets a red for a bad tackle soon after.

Having said that, he did come out and say Diaby deserved a red card, so fair enough.

Or are you just trying to stir things before Wednesday night? :D