The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Uladh on February 05, 2008, 02:29:53 PM

I see the english have gone for david copperfield as captain!

you couldn't make it up

Who's David Copperfield?

Hound

Anyone who thinks Gerrard is not worth a first team place at Liverpool hasnt a fookin clue.

However, I think Rafa has been wrong to stick with Gerrard in a 2 man centre field for most of the season - and I think this has been down to media pressure. Liverpool would be at their best with Mascho and Alonso in the centre and Gerrard could play on the right or in a free role between midfield and attack. This should at least have been tried regularly.

No question now that Crouch is the second best striker at Liverpool. The problem has been that too often we play him as if he's a Niall Quinn. If you just launch high balls at him he's ineffective. He's far more football in him than Kuyt, hopefully Rafa will give him a run now.

For all his rotation, we've seen far too much of Kewell and Kuyt, so hopefully they've already filled their quota of appearances for the season.

Uladh

bingobus

Well said Hound, some sense among the crazies.

Gerrad may not have been at his best in the last few games but that doesn't put him on a par with Liam Miller or Eric Jemba Jemba!! He has still been very good in a struggling side and has once again hauled them through games and put points on the board.

Why isn;t Rooney been slated from pillar to post? He has something like 6 league goals which is on a par with Dirk Kuyt (By the way I'm not suggesting Kuyt is on a a par with Rooney but I would consider a straight swap). Rooney could be siad to go missing in big games more so than Gerrad.

Give me stevie G any day over any other PL midfielder. I would like to see him freed up more. Alonso really needs to take the next chance he gets but he has been shocking of late, may be lack of games.

Declan

Famous vanisher. first cousin of ciaran whelan's.

Don't bite lads

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Uladh on February 05, 2008, 04:25:48 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 05, 2008, 03:54:04 PM
Who's David Copperfield?

The same player who has scored in a Champions League final, a UEFA Cup final, an FA Cup final, a League Cup final, etc, etc, etc.

I wish we had a few more who would vanish like that in big games for us.

nrico2006

QuoteGive me stevie G any day over any other PL midfielder. I would like to see him freed up more. 

I would take Scholes or Fabregas before him anyday!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Nimbus

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 05, 2008, 05:02:19 PM
QuoteGive me stevie G any day over any other PL midfielder. I would like to see him freed up more. 

Maybe Fabregas. Maybe not. Depends.

Def not Scholes.

Stalin

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 05, 2008, 05:02:19 PM

scholes  :D :D :D :D :D :D
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

heganboy

if everyone else in the rotation gets benched why doesn't Gerrard? sit him down for a couple of games and see how Xabi does in the middle with Mascherano...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

nrico2006

Scholes plays the same position as Gerard, only better.  Stevie G cannot dictate a midfield, just fire him out right as a spare man and let him crack the odd thunderbolt.  He is not in Scholes class!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: Uladh on February 05, 2008, 04:25:48 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 05, 2008, 03:54:04 PM
Who's David Copperfield?

Ronaldo must be Gerrards brother then......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

More like Alter Ego. Ronaldo plays well for 30 games a season, and vanishes in the big games.

Gerrard frustrates the bejaysus out of you for 30 games a season, and drags them to success in the big games.

nrico2006

QuoteGerrard frustrates the bejaysus out of you for 30 games a season, and drags them to success in the big games.

Success?  2 Cups won on penalties?!?

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 06, 2008, 11:11:34 AM
QuoteGerrard frustrates the bejaysus out of you for 30 games a season, and drags them to success in the big games.

Success?  2 Cups won on penalties?!?

Aye you dont get to keep the cups when they are won on penalties, they are usually shared.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"