The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

A rather short and vague press statement from the club this evening:

Liverpool FC issued the following press statement on Sunday night.

A meeting was held this evening involving Tom Hicks, George Gillett, Foster Gillett, Rick Parry and Rafa Benitez which was wide ranging and positive.

The discussions were amicable and constructive. All those present are united in their desire to bring further success to the club.

new devil

Rio made torres look like a little boy ;)

Yous can cry and whine about having more shots and possession than us but at the end of the day we walked out of anfield with 3 points again

I love it when we beat yous LOVE IT  :-* :-* :-* :-*

J70

Quote from: new devil on December 17, 2007, 01:07:17 AM
Rio made torres look like a little boy ;)

Yous can cry and whine about having more shots and possession than us but at the end of the day we walked out of anfield with 3 points again

I love it when we beat yous LOVE IT  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Outstanding contribution as always new devil.

Who is crying about having more shots and possession? Just about everyone here agrees that Liverpool can have few complaints about the result.

pedro

Very frustrating today lads and I find it hard to disagree with most of the comments here. Personally I think we are missing a lote of top class players - in most positions. I mean the likes of Riise (who hasn't played well this year), Arbeloa, Yossi, Sissoko, Kewell, Kuyt etc are basically average players. I mean, apart from Torres, when was the last time Liverpool bought a big name player who actually done well? We had Cisse, Kewell etc but they never performed at Liverpool. And then we seem to continually sign unproven, obscure players who never make any sort of impact. Although we have shown glimpses at stages this season, I really can't see us winning any silverware. We just don;t have the class to unlock teams (especially the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd.) week in week out.

Finally how much longer can Benitez look at Kuyt? As far as I am concerned he is useless and a lot of my Liverpool mates share the same view. Granted he works very hard and will hassle and harry but that'll only get you so far. Again a complete lack of class  >:(
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Barney

Steve Gerrard Gerrard

He kisses the badge on his chest

He puts in a transfer request

Steve Gerrard Gerrard

--------

John O'Shea is magic

He wears a magic hat

And when he saw the ball drop

He said I fancy that

He didn't hit the bar or post even though he's shite

Instead he hit the back of the net cos we're f**king dynamite.

20 MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaaboardmod3

Hi Lads,

Just a pre-emptive note here. Can we make sure that all slagging remains good natured? The Liverpool and Man Utd threads have been grand for the past while, and are very popular. Let's not ruin it because some of us are sickened, and some of us are on a high.

Cheers

Gaaboardmod3

Stalin, I've edited that personal abuse. There's no need for it, and whatever about trying to make sure the banter between LFC and MUFC fans stays above board, there's no future in this thread if disagreeing fans of the same teams heap personal abuse on each other. No more of it please.

Cheers

EC Unique

Alright lads...calm down, calm down, (in a scouse accent)    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And now its down to 3... ;D ;D ;D

nrico2006

Fergie got it spot on with his tactic yesterday, in the end it was like watching England aginst Croatia at the end, constant launch of high balls into the box - meat to the bears for messrs Ferdinand and Vidic.  It is clear that Liverpool havent got the quality, the like or Riise who will always try and take the ball to his left, its embarrasing to watch a player getting probably £80k who cant kick a ball with 2 feet.  As for Stevie G, he again shows his class - well, he probably will next week or whatever when Liverpool are playing Derby or Sunderland or whoever!!!   ;D ;D ;D
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 17, 2007, 09:46:10 AM
Fergie got it spot on with his tactic yesterday, in the end it was like watching England aginst Croatia at the end, constant launch of high balls into the box - meat to the bears for messrs Ferdinand and Vidic.  It is clear that Liverpool havent got the quality, the like or Riise who will always try and take the ball to his left, its embarrasing to watch a player getting probably £80k who cant kick a ball with 2 feet.  As for Stevie G, he again shows his class - well, he probably will next week or whatever when Liverpool are playing Derby or Sunderland or whoever!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Riise in on about 32K a week. Still a lot but nowhere near 80K.

Gerrard I felt played well defensively. Made a number of important interceptions and tackles but wasn't playing forward enough for my liking. He was certainly in the game more than Ronaldo and Giggs were but then again it wasn't really a day for wide men.

We can't complain about Ferguson's tactics anyway. We did the same when we went to Old Trafford under Houllier and won 3 on the trot there. Keep it tight at the back, get men behind the ball and hope you nick something from a set piece or a mistake.

DirtyDozen12

Since Rafa has been in charge, against the top 3 sides (Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd), there has been a total of 63 points up for grabs, Liverpool have just claimed 15 of those points.

At the end of the day, if you want to be champions you must be winning in games like this against the big teams.  We could have played for 5 hours yesterday against United and we still would not looked like scoring.  Most disappointing for me was the lack of pace and urgency we played with.  Build up play is far far to slow, we never went at the united defence with any pace.  When Babbel came on he looked a little dangerous as he injected some speed into the play.  Also, why i have defended Kewell in the past is because he is willing to attack players.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

thejuice

Was looking to get tickets for my brother as a Christmas present to a Liverpool home game as he's a big fan, but my jaw dropped upon seeing the prices for tickets. Even for games against useless opposition they were way above £100 for one ticket. Am i looking in the wrong place or what. Thats f**king extortionate. I dont know if soccer fans are dedicated followers or idiots to pay those prices
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

That's madness Juice. You must have been checking the touts' sites or something. The last time I was over a Kop ticket was £35.

full back

Ah well, what can you say :D :D

Once the opposition argue among themselves, you know the end is nigh!!

Poor game yesterday, but all that matters as someone said is the result. WTF was Benitez at with tactics like that yesterday? Lumping the ball forward and hoping something would happen. It just played into Utd's hands. Why the fcuk have Torres standing up front if you wont pass it to his feet?
Although the pool dominated they had no cutting edge whatsoever.Once the goal went in it was route 1 everytime.
To be fair, the pool will not win the EPL when they start with Kewell, Kuyt & Benayoun in one of the big games.These players are simply not good enough for a club like Liverpool, if they are to have aspirations of winning the EPL. Do you think these players would come close to starting for any of the other big 3? I doubt it.
BTW, Babel played well when introduced & perhaps shpould have been on earlier

J70

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 17, 2007, 09:46:10 AM
As for Stevie G, he again shows his class - well, he probably will next week or whatever when Liverpool are playing Derby or Sunderland or whoever!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Stunning performance yesterday from Ronaldo too.