The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Liverpoolfc.tv

Two goals inside three first half minutes from Lee Peltier and Peter Crouch have given Liverpool a 2-0 half time lead at Crewe this afternoon. 
The Reds - who have given Andriy Voronin a debut during the first period - have been on top for most of the half and could have been ahead as early as the fourth minute when Steven Gerrard curled a left footed shot against the bar from the edge of the area.

The breakthrough came after 21 minutes when Voronin's powerful drive was well parried by Crewe goalkeeper Ben Williams, but youngster Lee Peltier was on hand to fire home the rebound.

Crouch doubled the lead just three minutes later when he expertly flicked the ball beyond Williams into the back of the net from John Arne Riise's cross.

Rafael Benitez is expected to make a number of changes in the second half with Jamie Carragher and Xabi Alonso likely to be among those involved. 

corn02

Is Aurelio Left or Right back, hope he is back from injury soon looked quite decent near the end of the season.

gawa316

Quote from: corn02 on July 14, 2007, 07:29:51 PM
Is Aurelio Left or Right back, hope he is back from injury soon looked quite decent near the end of the season.
Left back. He's got a great left foot and can swing in a superb cross. He struggled for a large part of the season though injuries didn't help. Had a good run in the team late in the season before gettin injured again. I would definitely give him another season.

We beat Crewe 3-0 today with Crouchy and 2 of th young lads gettin the goals. Vorinin got man of the match!

heganboy

There is some chat today about crouch going to man city for 20m
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Square Ball

is that million or M and Ms!!

so Crouch 20m and Henry 16m, know where the bargin is there!!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: heganboy on July 15, 2007, 11:43:25 AM
There is some chat today about crouch going to man city for 20m

Wouldn't sell Crouch. Well I might for 20M but he was our top scorer with 18 goals last season and even with Torres arriving it wouldn't surprise me if he was top scorer again next season.

Darren Bent went for 16.5M. Crouch is an established international so he's worth at least that or more.

Square Ball

Henry is a world class striker, and bent and crouch well............are not.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Square Ball on July 15, 2007, 03:56:06 PM
Henry is a world class striker, and bent and crouch well............are not.

What's that got to do with the price of eggs?

Henry's cost was relatively low because due to his age he has no resale value for Barcelona. Three or four years there and his career is over. They won't be able to sell him on for big money.

Crouch and Bent obviously aren't as good but do have resale value.

bridgegael

i think that match is live on setanta, should be worth watching.

whats this about liverpool going for italian midfielder mancini??
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

SuperSub

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

The Real Laoislad

Brilliant documentry i found on that Tvlinks website about the Olymiakis match in 2005.Worth a watch

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/link.do/9/4797/7262/48480/70717
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gabriel_Hurl

It's only been 15 years trying to win the Premiership

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.