The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Shocking stuff again from Liverpool today. I didn't think they could be as bad again as they were against United, but that was close! I doubt if Arsenal will get many easier points than that. No intensity or belief at all; too many players off-form or not up to scratch. The only positive is that the toughest away games have now been played, so it probably can't get any worse (well, it can't anyway, given that no points have been taken nor any goals scored in those games!).

Carragher very fortunate not to get a second yellow.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 10, 2006, 02:04:44 PM
Why are Liverpool fans always so delusional, Liverpool have an average defence, an excellent midfiled and a poor attack. I fully expect Arsenal to win this one comfortably.

Who would have predicted  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

Dubh driocht

Nobody likes a smart arse.Even if he's right. So piss off Dinny.

Dinny Breen

Don't mean to offend but when someone tells me I'm talking bollix I'm entitled to reply, anyway no more WUM from me, I shall leave you to discuss....
#newbridgeornowhere

heganboy

savage poor performance from Liverpool. I do wonder about selection with Liverpool sometimes. Really didn't think that Crouch and Kuyt were going to be able to do a job on Toure and Gallas. Disappointed with the whole showing today. Even Riise and Gerard were at each other. Poor all round
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

GalwayBayBoy

Woeful performance from the team today. Didn't even think Arsenal played all that great but we stank the place out. I'm baffled why we are so poor away from home in the Premiership.

winghalfun

I am starting to believe the rumours about Stevie G. He was piss poor. There seems to be definite problems in the camp. On paper this Liverpool team is not as bad as their results are showing.

Over the Bar

...bottom half team. :P  They are as far a way from winning a league title now as they ever were under Houllier.  Hopefull Benitez's CL win will keep him in the job for at least another 5 years tho.  Makes for a very unhappy Christmas on merseyside tho, what with the Farepack running off with all their Christmas savings.

brokencrossbar1

Are you all stupid or something?  They had a bad game yesterday and this happens. They have been on a decent run and lets face it Arsenal are a pretty damn good team.  Trophies are given out in April and May and while I don't expect them to win the League they are progressing.  Get some persepctive ffs.

glens73

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 13, 2006, 10:52:36 AM
Are you all stupid or something?  They had a bad game yesterday and this happens. They have been on a decent run and lets face it Arsenal are a pretty damn good team.  Trophies are given out in April and May and while I don't expect them to win the League they are progressing.  Get some persepctive ffs.

I don't think they are progressing BC, they've lost 5 league games away already and have not scored ONE goal from open play, that is not progression. I'm not sure Benitez is suited to the premiership. I do think he is a good manager though, but he doesn't seem to be getting it right in the league.

J70

Get a grip lads, for f**k's sake! Liverpool finished with more points last season than they did in most of their championship-winning seasons. They won the Champions League 18 months ago. Benitez has introduced a few new players who need time to adjust (which doesn't necessarily mean that they will), while quite a few players are off form. Anyone who writes Benitez off at this stage is just an idiot.

uselessfootballer

Would have to agree with the "don't panic" posts. The team's performance can only really be judged at the end of the season. Whilst I'm as disappointed as any lifelong fan to be so far behind at this stage, there is nothing to be gained by joining in with some sort of media driven feeding fenzy. The true worth, strength/weakness of the squad will be most accurately reflected in the end of season picture. In the meantime the manager must be allowed to continue with his rebuilding without every, in hindsight mistake, being jumped upon.

The Meadow

Yesterday was not the game for Benitez to be stubborn! This is the only reason why I can think he kept Stevie G on the wing!! He killed Steve Finnan all day!! With no outlet on the right for Liverpool Finnan was having to run up and down the wing all game and with Henry always pulling to the left on attacks it was clear to be seen thats were Arsenal were killing us!!   :-[  Chin up lads there is alot to play for yet!

johnneycool

I'm no Liverpool fan but surely Agger has to start instead of Hyppia for the rest of the season.

Bellamy must of really fucked Benitez off when he starts Crouch and Kuyte ahead of him. I suppose he hasnt' been scoring goals but away from home when possession is going to be limited you need a bit of pace up front.

Gerard isn't 100% for whatever reason and playing him in the centre isn't going to remedy it

Sissoko is a bigger loss than most Liverpudlians imagine

Pennant is worse than useless.

The Liverpool players don't look too confident with the zonal defencive strategy they are trying to use at set pieces.

charlie stubbs

def agree a massive loss when we lost him last year for benfica games we went 2 shite.def wud have agger starting ahead of hyppia.crouch and kuyt are there on merit tho wiud agreee bellamys pace gives sumthin different even if he has been misfiring