McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

An enjoyable game,
Hopefully Armagh continue to develop because  Ulster football needs this rivalry .

tonto1888

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 19, 2019, 10:40:58 PM
Thon Armagh boys still can't tackle.

Believe it or not our tackling is a lot better than it has been

trailer

Quote from: naka on January 19, 2019, 10:42:05 PM
An enjoyable game,
Hopefully Armagh continue to develop because  Ulster football needs this rivalry .

It's only a rivalry if Tyrone continue to field a 2nd / 3rd string, which is unlikely.

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on January 19, 2019, 10:43:41 PM
An enjoyable game,

It's only a rivalry if Tyrone continue to field a 2nd / 3rd string, which is unlikely.

I'm sure the likes of Harte, Morgan, McNamee, Sludden McCann are all happy you view them as second or third string

naka

An enjoyable game,

Trailer
You are Becoming tiresome

Moortown Spuds

For years Armagh fans took the Mickey out of Tyrone taking the competition seriously.

Tonight Armagh fans around me were the most vulgar foul mouthed cry baby yaps I have ever seen. From encouraging James Morgan to kick Canavan in the head harder to calling Joe McQuillan every name under the sun.

Never knew they wanted to win the McKenna cup so bad.

Glad to see Armagh on the rise. If they just learnt how to tackle properly they might fare ok in division two.

tonto1888

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on January 19, 2019, 11:15:30 PM
For years Armagh fans took the Mickey out of Tyrone taking the competition seriously.

Tonight Armagh fans around me were the most vulgar foul mouthed cry baby yaps I have ever seen. From encouraging James Morgan to kick Canavan in the head harder to calling Joe McQuillan every name under the sun.

Never knew they wanted to win the McKenna cup so bad.

Glad to see Armagh on the rise. If they just learnt how to tackle properly they might fare ok in division two.

A few Tyrone fans around me doing similar. We all have them

smelmoth

My first post of the current season and I have to say that Armagh have improved. The obvious reasons for this are that a few of our better players have returned to the panel and a few more have come of age.

Shooting and tackling still remain big concerns. Coolness under pressure in each of these areas remains a concern. These have to be the areas of focus in training if we are to be properly prepared for championship.

Our strengths are in the forwards so continued focus on an attacking game plan should be encouraged

Rossfan

Ye've been in Round 4 and Qtr Finals last 2 years ......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Throw ball

An enjoyable game tonight and a pity about some of the silly carry on. Armagh need to improve their tackling that is obvious but some of the frees given tonight - for both teams - were soft. Tyrone also showed much more composure in possession.

tonto1888

Quote from: Throw ball on January 20, 2019, 12:31:04 AM
An enjoyable game tonight and a pity about some of the silly carry on. Armagh need to improve their tackling that is obvious but some of the frees given tonight - for both teams - were soft. Tyrone also showed much more composure in possession.

I thought the ref was poor in general to be honest. Tyrone got some soft ones but st the same time they didn't get a couple i would have been annoyed about had we not got them

armaghniac

Trailer, is your first name Coat?

Armagh not too far away, but they still have tackling issues and still run of ideas when confronted by a blanket.
Such games against god opposition are a good learning experience for O'Neill.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Baile an tuaigh

What a crowd tonight. Watched  Armagh a few times last year and they have a massive following. Not much between the two teams probably Tyrones experience was the difference. Nice to see the National Anthem being well respected. Thought there was a good bit of "bite" in the game a sure sign of things to come. Man of the match for me was the Armagh mid fielder Grimley. One particular time in the second half he jumped away up into the clouds to fetch a ball, he was that high when he finally came back down and hit the ground he winded himself. It was a fantastic piece of skill but it's a pity they  didn't show it on the replay.
Armagh and Tyrone have a few good scrap yard dogs in their defences. I actually thought Tyrone got a couple of buttery soft frees towards the end of the first half. I don't think Peter Harte is suited at full forward he excels in the space. Sludden had a brave good game for Tyrone tonight over all both sets of players contributed a lot. The pitch looked very cut up where Armagh took their penalty which I suppose you could expect this time of the year. Over all it was great entertaining game.

Aaron Boone

Interesting overhearing a couple of neutrals in Armagh last night, the McKenna Cup is now as prestigious as the Ulster Championship itself.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on January 20, 2019, 04:28:24 AM
What a crowd tonight. Watched  Armagh a few times last year and they have a massive following. Not much between the two teams probably Tyrones experience was the difference. Nice to see the National Anthem being well respected. Thought there was a good bit of "bite" in the game a sure sign of things to come. Man of the match for me was the Armagh mid fielder Grimley. One particular time in the second half he jumped away up into the clouds to fetch a ball, he was that high when he finally came back down and hit the ground he winded himself. It was a fantastic piece of skill but it's a pity they  didn't show it on the replay.
Armagh and Tyrone have a few good scrap yard dogs in their defences. I actually thought Tyrone got a couple of buttery soft frees towards the end of the first half. I don't think Peter Harte is suited at full forward he excels in the space. Sludden had a brave good game for Tyrone tonight over all both sets of players contributed a lot. The pitch looked very cut up where Armagh took their penalty which I suppose you could expect this time of the year. Over all it was great entertaining game.

It usually takes O'Rourke, Spillane or Brolly to start drooling over a high catch especially if it's performed against Tyrone 😂