2016 Leinster Football Championship

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, May 09, 2016, 09:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Yea what I'm I thinking beaten all those teams bar Mayo in the qualifiers before, bring them on they won't be able to cope with the panache of Leinster football, look like a busted flush  8)
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 20, 2016, 08:24:54 PM
Yea what I'm I thinking beaten all those teams bar Mayo in the qualifiers before, bring them on they won't be able to cope with the panache of Leinster football, look like a busted flush  8)

That's the spirit.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

I remember a time when Kildare were the last team you wanted to get through the back door.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on June 20, 2016, 08:43:04 PM
I remember a time when Kildare were the last team you wanted to get through the back door.
especially away . What a kip.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Ohtoohtobe

That sound you hear is the sigh of relief from Uefa now that Kildare and Westmeath hand passing the ball to each other for 70 minutes will no longer take away from the attendance at or indeed interest in France vs Ireland.

laoislad

Laois v Armagh on in the middle of Ireland v Belgium...ah fcuk them let them play.
Ireland v France on the same day Dublin are playing...change throw in times so everyone can see the game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: laoislad on June 23, 2016, 06:45:12 AM
Laois v Armagh on in the middle of Ireland v Belgium...ah fcuk them let them play.
Ireland v France on the same day Dublin are playing...change throw in times so everyone can see the game.

In the land of corporate GAA all teams are equal except some teams are more equal than others....
#newbridgeornowhere

westbound

So are we not giving credit to the GAA for learning from their mistakes?

maccer

They made the same 'mistake' in 90 or 94 (?) playing a Donegal match I think the same time as an Irish world cup game but they didn't learn. The only reason they're doing it now is to accommodate the dubs

Hardy

Can't be. All the dubs are in bleedin' Leeyill.

Canalman

If the time wasn't changed you guys would be going ape over that. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Times changed I believe with the agreement of ALL 4 teams involved I believe.

maccer

Of course it's the right decision. Point is if it's the right decision next Sun why wasn't it the right decision last Sat....only explanation is gaa don't care about most counties only want the galacticos filling the coffers.

Another example is Sat week...laois footballers in portlaoise at 3 - laois hurlers 80 miles away in Ennis at 7. Would you see that happening to Dublin or cork for example and it's not the first time that's happened laois

Rossfan

As so few from Laois actually go to see Laois teams playing it's matter less when it where they play ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Canalman

Quote from: maccer on June 23, 2016, 10:55:07 AM
Of course it's the right decision. Point is if it's the right decision next Sun why wasn't it the right decision last Sat....only explanation is gaa don't care about most counties only want the galacticos filling the coffers.

Another example is Sat week...laois footballers in portlaoise at 3 - laois hurlers 80 miles away in Ennis at 7. Would you see that happening to Dublin or cork for example and it's not the first time that's happened laois

That is outrageous. Fancy that , fixing the Laois footballers the same day the hurlers were playing. How did this come about?

Really think the master fixture list prepared at the beginning of the season is not fit for purpose.

AZOffaly

That happens regularly in qualifiers. Offaly have had it numerous times.