2016 Leinster Football Championship

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, May 09, 2016, 09:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: mup on June 17, 2016, 09:45:28 AM
I've previously done 1000km, 950km & 720km round trips following Kildare in the past. I haven't gone to a game in 3/4 years.

I don't like where the GAA is going. Very disillusioned with the whole lot.

Have you tried using a GPS or even a map App?
MWWSI 2017

mup

muppet

Quote from: mup on June 17, 2016, 01:53:45 PM
Ehhh what?

It is less than 300km from Naas to the main pitches in either Donegal or Kerry, so a 1,000km round trip following Kildare either involved a very bad navigator OR an instance to travel via either of the above counties no matter who you we playing.  :D
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

mup

Quote from: muppet on June 17, 2016, 02:03:54 PM
Ehhh what?

It is less than 300km from Naas to the main pitches in either Donegal or Kerry, so a 1,000km round trip following Kildare either involved a very bad navigator OR an instance to travel via either of the above counties no matter who you we playing.  :D

Ok and what if you lived in the south of the country? Like Cork.

Fuzzman

I was thinking there, you know the way Galway play in the Leinster hurling championship.
Could Dublin not switch to the Connacht or Munster championship just to see how it would go.
The fans would love it getting days out down the country and it would give the team a new challenge.

It would also make Leinster a lot more interesting and give teams more of a reason to lift themselves instead the annual hammering to the Dubs.

Of course it won't happen but it would be an interesting experiment for one year

Jinxy

They're all yours if you want them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 17, 2016, 02:10:54 PM
I was thinking there, you know the way Galway play in the Leinster hurling championship.
Could Dublin not switch to the Connacht or Munster championship just to see how it would go.
The fans would love it getting days out down the country and it would give the team a new challenge.

It would also make Leinster a lot more interesting and give teams more of a reason to lift themselves instead the annual hammering to the Dubs.

Of course it won't happen but it would be an interesting experiment for one year

Why Dublin? Why Connacht and Munster? The Ulster Championship has been a Turkey shoot this year! None of the Dublin games would be outside Croker. If they were in the Connacht Championship, no one from outside Mayo would travel to Croker to play them. The Connacht final would be in Croker. In the case of Munster, a season like this year would be undermined for Tipperary.

It's a silly idea! It would suit the bored Dubs and no one else. And we already do enough to suit Dublin Football.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 17, 2016, 12:43:05 PM
Paul Cribben and Dan Flynn out with concerns still around Kelly. Westmeath should win this now, from a Kildare perspective I wouldn't be too worried if we did considering the injuries and age profile. I could see our young Lilies blooming in the qualifiers, week in week out would suit a young team.

We've our own problems, missing a host of players for one reason or another ourselves. This will be a dour defensive battle, whoever makes the most of their limited opportunities will sneak it.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

muppet

Quote from: mup on June 17, 2016, 02:06:55 PM
Ehhh what?

Then I wouldn't support Kildare!
MWWSI 2017

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: muppet on June 17, 2016, 05:36:33 PM
Quote from: mup on June 17, 2016, 02:06:55 PM
Ehhh what?

Then I wouldn't support Kildare!

Who do you think you are? Larry Tompkins?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hound

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 17, 2016, 02:32:30 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 17, 2016, 02:10:54 PM

Why Dublin? Why Connacht and Munster? The Ulster Championship has been a Turkey shoot this year! None of the Dublin games would be outside Croker. If they were in the Connacht Championship, no one from outside Mayo would travel to Croker to play them. The Connacht final would be in Croker. In the case of Munster, a season like this year would be undermined for Tipperary.

It's a silly idea! It would suit the bored Dubs and no one else. And we already do enough to suit Dublin Football.
It would suit the 10 other counties in Leinster!

Although Dublin would have to be made play away from Croker more often and all provinces should be treated equally. 

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 17, 2016, 02:58:47 PM
Paul Cribben and Dan Flynn out with concerns still around Kelly. Westmeath should win this now, from a Kildare perspective I wouldn't be too worried if we did considering the injuries and age profile. I could see our young Lilies blooming in the qualifiers, week in week out would suit a young team.

We've our own problems, missing a host of players for one reason or another ourselves. This will be a dour defensive battle, whoever makes the most of their limited opportunities will sneak it.

Changing my mind around the qualifiers. Mayo, Cork and losers of Donegal/Monaghan and Kildare/Westmeath on same side of draw. Not going to get much joy there.
#newbridgeornowhere

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Not going to get much joy no matter what happens, just hope they can get through the championship season without any more serious humiliations and hope that some decent players appear next January.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 20, 2016, 07:04:06 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 17, 2016, 02:58:47 PM

Changing my mind around the qualifiers. Mayo, Cork and losers of Donegal/Monaghan and Kildare/Westmeath on same side of draw. Not going to get much joy there.

Where's our f**king pride?

We fear no one in the qualifiers.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?