Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: GJL on January 12, 2021, 10:32:37 PM
This CV is getting out of control lads. I think the FA should show some leadership and call it a day on the league. Just award it to the current leaders and start afresh in September.

Here here!

Gaafan2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 12, 2021, 10:36:35 PM
This CV is getting out of control lads. I think the FA should show some leadership and call it a day on the league. Just award it to the current leaders and start afresh in September.

Here here!

+1  :D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gaafan2 on January 12, 2021, 10:41:51 PM

Here here!

Nah, time to null and void it. Public health is bigger than Sport. Sure anyone who wins it under these circumstances has an asterisk by their title....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 12, 2021, 10:45:51 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on January 12, 2021, 10:41:51 PM

Here here!

Nah, time to null and void it. Public health is bigger than Sport. Sure anyone who wins it under these circumstances has an asterisk by their title....

I'm glad you've admitted that...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

blewuporstuffed

Surprisingly city are as short as 4/5 in a lot of places.
you can get united at 6/1 if you fancy them
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

The way City are playing no 4/5 is a really decent price....

Once they have played their games in hand, that's them sorted to be in the top 2 with a better goal difference than Utd, they'll pump Brighton tonight at home, they then have another 2 home games v Palace and Villa!

Liverpool will have had a nice rest for the Utd game, and playing at home should see a 2-0 win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

City should win it from here. They've sorted their defence out, and they're clicking now going forward.

Liverpool's centre back injury problems are going to be too much to overcome, especially as it robs them of Fabinho, and now Henderson, in midfield. Whatever the reason was, as with City last year, not strengthening that part of the team is going to blow the season.

Honestly, at this point, I'll be happy enough if Liverpool finish top three and are ready to start again with a fit squad next year.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2021, 12:11:25 PM

Once they have played their games in hand, that's them sorted to be in the top 2 with a better goal difference than Utd, they'll pump Brighton tonight at home, they then have another 2 home games v Palace and Villa!

Liverpool will have had a nice rest for the Utd game, and playing at home should see a 2-0 win

I think CIty will win it as well, I was just surprised to see them at such a short price  7 points behind united in 6th (even with 2 games in hand)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 13, 2021, 12:34:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2021, 12:11:25 PM

I think CIty will win it as well, I was just surprised to see them at such a short price  7 points behind united in 6th (even with 2 games in hand)

They are that short because they have 3 home games against two teams that have come up from the Championship lately, and Palace, who have dipped lately..

The only think that will stop City is a team in the top 5 beating them. I know they were way off the pace last year but they seem lately more organised

BennyCake

It's mad that United, who have been so inconsistent performance-wise are top. Sort of sums up this mediocre season. But it's exciting with only s few points separating the top 8 or 9 teams.

Still think Liverpool will win it though. I'm not convinced about City, although they'll likely finish second. The rest of the teams don't have it in them to win the title.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: BennyCake on January 13, 2021, 02:30:20 PM
It's mad that United, who have been so inconsistent performance-wise are top. Sort of sums up this mediocre season. But it's exciting with only s few points separating the top 8 or 9 teams.

Still think Liverpool will win it though. I'm not convinced about City, although they'll likely finish second. The rest of the teams don't have it in them to win the title.

Injuries will catch LFC. No CB will be bought in January and that's fatal. It wouldn't surprise me if United win it. I have always said they have a solid squad but they have been able to get consistency. They are also getting the run of things. They are getting dubious decisions in their favour moreso than other teams. That may not be the difference but helps. It will be between them and City with lfc 3rd

Jeepers Creepers

City starting to go quietly about there business without Aguero which I think will take them to the top. Im a Utd fan but there inconsistency will prove their downfall. Just hope their positon now can set them with a real good chance of a top 4 place.

Cunny Funt

Man United currently top is achievement in itself and will likely be a season high looking back in May. Finishing in the top 4 for the 2nd season in a row will be consistency and progress as hasn't been done since Ferguson retired. 3rd is the best place finish I foresee for United and have a big battle on their hands with Spurs, Everton, Leicester etc pushing hard for top 4 spots.

I previously had my doubts on Man City mounting a title challenge but I think they have turned a corner now, they have made themselves more difficult to beat and score against and Ruben Dias has been a huge addition to their defence. They should be top of the table by either the end of this month or early February as on paper they should win their next 6 league games.

Liverpools home form and results against the top 6 remains as good as ever. I expect them to beat City in Anfield in February a result that will push them on to retain the title, the additions of Jota, Thiago will prove to be key signings.

nrico2006

United have been inconsistent performance wise but very consistent result wise over the past year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'