Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidelineball

Why does the word Tattyreagh keep coming up as blacked out or with *** in it on some posts?

marty34

Quote from: youhavenofans on December 10, 2019, 10:07:37 AM
Quote from: marty34 on December 10, 2019, 09:51:59 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 10, 2019, 12:47:45 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on December 09, 2019, 11:53:24 PM
Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on December 09, 2019, 11:47:11 PM
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 09, 2019, 11:29:40 PM
No Brocagh or Drumragh on that list of clubs

You're not slow Tom, but the whispers are neither of those two.

The other Club that are obviously struggling would be Killyman?

I thought Killyman too, but they didn't seem to have too many issues fielding a reserve team this year, or at least not much worse than some Junior clubs did, and even fielded an Under 21 team that fulfilled a few games. Last competitive youth team they fielded I can find was at minor level in 2017, seem to be throwing their lot in with Brocagh & Derrytresk (Naomh Padraig) otherwise - though I noticed neither Naomh Padraig or any of its host clubs fielded at Under 14 this year except for a championship game where they were well beaten.

Here's a list of club membership numbers in Tyrone for 2019 (stolen from tomorrow's County Convention report) that might shine a few lights. I'd actually be curious how Cúchulainn na Ghleanna operates with no listed membership considering they played in the Under 14 hurling league this year?

Would some clubs not have more members than this?  Seems the numbers for some clubs, adult and underage are small enough???

Strabane stood out for me with only 11 adult members, not enough to field a team.

Yeah.  Is it people don't want to pay the annual subscription to their club....but run to every game and event etc.

Clubs should be doing more to enrol eveybody - especially with the amount of money it takes to run clubs nowadays.

These number in list shock me.

square_ball

Strabane hurling club has the 11 adult members. The sigersons have healthy numbers. Do the hurling club even field anymore?

GetOverTheBar

Look at some of the adult memberships of some junior clubs.

Some need to get their houses in order.

marty34

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 10, 2019, 10:45:38 AM
Look at some of the adult memberships of some junior clubs.

Some need to get their houses in order.

Yes, crazy that clubs are paying for insurance, electric and rates etc. and club 'members' don't even pay their yearly membership.  For a lot of people it's a babysitting service.

skeog

Think Strabane hurlers play in Donegal now.

Tyrone95

Does anyone know the venue for the u21 final? Bad enough playing football at this time of the year never mind not knowing the venue 3 or 4 days before the game is played.  Galbally or Pomeroy would be the obvious venues should their pitches be playable after this weeks weather.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: marty34 on December 10, 2019, 10:25:30 AM

I thought Killyman too, but they didn't seem to have too many issues fielding a reserve team this year, or at least not much worse than some Junior clubs did, and even fielded an Under 21 team that fulfilled a few games. Last competitive youth team they fielded I can find was at minor level in 2017, seem to be throwing their lot in with Brocagh & Derrytresk (Naomh Padraig) otherwise - though I noticed neither Naomh Padraig or any of its host clubs fielded at Under 14 this year except for a championship game where they were well beaten.

Here's a list of club membership numbers in Tyrone for 2019 (stolen from tomorrow's County Convention report) that might shine a few lights. I'd actually be curious how Cúchulainn na Ghleanna operates with no listed membership considering they played in the Under 14 hurling league this year?

Would some clubs not have more members than this?  Seems the numbers for some clubs, adult and underage are small enough???

Strabane stood out for me with only 11 adult members, not enough to field a team.

Yeah.  Is it people don't want to pay the annual subscription to their club....but run to every game and event etc.

Clubs should be doing more to enrol eveybody - especially with the amount of money it takes to run clubs nowadays.

Eoghan Ruadh Hurlers also had 40 stripped out at the Ulster final, so surely these numbers aren't correct

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: skeog on December 10, 2019, 12:24:53 PM
Think Strabane hurlers play in Donegal now.

They are still going anyway, fairly active facebook page.

Norf Tyrone

I think Shamrocks' are rebuilding from youth up. A lot of their adult players play for Setanta in Donegal.

Every adult member you register means you pay a fee to the TCB to cover membership to that. I'd say that's why some of the smaller numbers are how they are. Only essentials getting egistered.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ANON2018

Fee is only £2.50 per person I believe

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Under Lights on December 10, 2019, 08:10:03 AM
Heard its Urney.

Don't think so, they held their AGM at the wkend at talked about plans for the future..

The_Slug

Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 10, 2019, 12:46:12 PM

Eoghan Ruadh Hurlers also had 40 stripped out at the Ulster final, so surely these numbers aren't correct

surely clogher with only 27 at youth couldn't be true?

Dire Ear

Quote from: Tyrone95 on December 10, 2019, 12:33:26 PM
Does anyone know the venue for the u21 final? Bad enough playing football at this time of the year never mind not knowing the venue 3 or 4 days before the game is played.  Galbally or Pomeroy would be the obvious venues should their pitches be playable after this weeks weather.
So on Facebook that it was in Cmore,  Dungannon not happy;  obviously

valley19

Quote from: The_Slug on December 10, 2019, 01:07:41 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 10, 2019, 12:46:12 PM

surely clogher with only 27 at youth couldn't be true?

Didnt even think we had 27