Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoopmine

Givney played in the London final full forward in both games...

rodney trotter

Nevin O Donnell among the players training with the County panel. He had been with Leitrim for the past couple of years.

tommysmith

Itchy

Quote from: tommysmith on November 03, 2018, 08:25:25 AM
Who else is in Rodney?

What's the story with Kevin. Played underage all way up with cavan , disappeared and reappeared with leitrim.

rodney trotter

He didn't actually play all the way up. He is from Leitrim originally and played with them at U16 level.then played minor with Cavan

Think he done his cruciate 3 times, which is a lot at his age. Crosserlough have a good few , jack Brady back in. Still others to join

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 03, 2018, 03:27:33 PM
He didn't actually play all the way up. He is from Leitrim originally and played with them at U16 level.then played minor with Cavan

Think he done his cruciate 3 times, which is a lot at his age. Crosserlough have a good few , jack Brady back in. Still others to join

What club is he playing with.

rodney trotter

Duckquay

Don't think nevin will be there come championship time, he struggled to make an impact with leitrim and as somebody says, two cruciate injuries takes its toll. Who is in from lavey? Gearoid had an op during the week and is out for 3 or 4 months.

mrdeeds

Castlerahan died with their boots on after all the stuff that went against them. Harsh red for Wright, deserved black for Daly and injuries to Enda Flanagan and Fergal Reilly. To play the second half man to man using Leahy as a back rather than goalkeeper nearly worked

Westside

Quote from: Duckquay on November 03, 2018, 08:37:12 PM
Don't think nevin will be there come championship time, he struggled to make an impact with leitrim and as somebody says, two cruciate injuries takes its toll. Who is in from lavey? Gearoid had an op during the week and is out for 3 or 4 months.

Shouldn't be there come League time either. Nowhere near the required level. He couldn't cut it in Division 4.

Bradley's absence is frustrating. If he put in a couple of good years of work he looks like he could be a good asset. Suppose if he's on Erasmus there's not much can be done. We don't want a situation of lads giving the county a go for a year, getting their place and then opting out the following year. Ideally you'd work so hard to get into the starting 15 that you wouldn't dream of giving up after a year. 

LaurelEye

Congratulations to Mullahoran for making it through to the final.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

scoopmine

Mckenna Cup fixtures out.

Kevin Tierney is back in along with Argue and Graham from the gaels. Really unfortunate that Bradley is in France he had a good year last year and showed alot of promise.

Hard luck to Mullahoran in the Ulster final.

Itchy

Quote from: scoopmine on December 07, 2018, 03:42:38 PM
Mckenna Cup fixtures out.

Kevin Tierney is back in along with Argue and Graham from the gaels. Really unfortunate that Bradley is in France he had a good year last year and showed alot of promise.

Hard luck to Mullahoran in the Ulster final.

Despite a new manager and a fresh approach there still seems to be a large amount of lads that would rather sit at home and waste their talent than go in and train. Fed up of hearing about how "its their decision" and "cant be giving up their life". I actually believe the sitting on a bar stool telling people how they could have been great but couldn't be bothered will wear off pretty quickly and they will be left with a lot of regrets.

Its hard to fathom in a county with our heritage in football. When I was a young lad I would have given anything to have been good enough to play for the county.

marty34

I see a joint Cavan club team is in the Ulster Minor tournament in Belfast tomorrow.
How can Cavan Gaels be in a joint team? The biggest town in Cavan having to merge at minor level - is this a joke?

Itchy

Quote from: marty34 on December 08, 2018, 08:34:05 PM
I see a joint Cavan club team is in the Ulster Minor tournament in Belfast tomorrow.
How can Cavan Gaels be in a joint team? The biggest town in Cavan having to merge at minor level - is this a joke?

In my opinion it is a joke. For some amalgamation is necessary but if it's necessary for cavan gaels it because they are not harnessing the kids in their area.