RTE Man of the match cop out

Started by The Wedger, September 08, 2008, 07:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Quote from: cornafean on September 10, 2008, 04:39:33 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on September 09, 2008, 08:54:18 PM
i thought it should have been shefflin myself.  The worst decision in my memory was the 2005 football final where Owen Mulligan was given the award on the basis of his goal against Dublin, when Brian McGuigan (who i backed at 25/1) ran the show :'(

Not to mention Philip Jordan...
very possibly, though the beeb (jerome) gave it to McGuigan and he did knock over 3? points from play too. One thing was for sure, it wasn't muggsy's!

Over the Bar

HAd McGuigan backed to the hilt myself.  Deffo think there was either a gambling conspiracy or someone got the names mixed up.

Asal Mor

I remember Mulligan only got 7/10 in the indo the next day while Mcguigan and Jordan both got 9. Think someoe else got a 9, maybe Dooher??? but Mulligan clearly wasn't man of the match.
As for the hurling I can understand why RTE's analysts wanted  to recognise the ultimate team performance, which last Sunday certainly was. Id be well pissed off if I had Eddie Brennan backed though. In spite of the other superb performances, particularly by Walsh, Delaney, Lyng and Larkiin - it was obvious that Fast Eddie was the man that killed off Waterford.As Vincent Hogan said on Monday "there is no better man at going for the jugular".