Donegal home league games

Started by dubnut, January 02, 2007, 02:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubnut

Lads does anyone know yet where the Donegal v Dublin league game is?
I see they split their league games last year between Ballyshannon and Ballybofey.

liihb

I heard a rumour that they will be playing some of their home games in Letterkenny this year?
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

lynchbhoy

J70

The venues aren't up on the Donegal website yet.

Donegal v Dublin is generally played in Ballyshannon, which should be a nice cold windy spot in late February!

J70

Donegal are at home to Mayo, Dublin, Kerry and Fermanagh. All four would probably prefer the shorter trip to Ballyshannon, so its hard to know what way the fixtures will be divided up.

Dún na nGall

03.02.2007 (Sat) @ 7.30pm
Division 1A
Corcaigh v Dún na nGall (AWAY)

11.02.2007 (Sun) @ 1.30pm
Division 1A
Dún na nGall v Maigh Eo (HOME)

25.02.2007 (Sun) @ 2.30pm
Division 1A
Dún na nGall v Áth Cliath (HOME)

10.03.2007 (Sat) @ 7.30pm
Division 1A
Tír Eoghain v Dún na nGall (AWAY)

25.03.2007 (Sun) @ 3.30pm
Division 1A
Dún na nGall v Ciarraí (HOME)

01.04.2007 @ 3.30pm
Division 1A
Luimneach v Dún na nGall (AWAY)

07.04.2007 @ 7.30pm
Division 1A
*Dún na nGall v Fear Manach (HOME)

*(subject to satisfactory completion of floodlights- all games in the final round to be played at the same time)

tommy1

I believe the meeting off donegal and kerry will take place in letterkenny, it was passed at a county board meeting, with two objections coming from two fellows called mick mc grath and Brian Mc Eniff. Letterkenny at the moment has no turn gates so there working on getting them in before the 25th.   

MrC

As I understand it:

Donegal V Mayo, Sean MacCumhaill Park
Donegal V Dublin, Fr.Tierney Park
Donegal V Kerry, O'Donnell Park
Donegal V Fermanagh, Sean MacCumhaill Park
'Sam's For The Hills' - Anthony Molloy, 20th September 1992

whatever

I'll take it that
Sean MacCumhaill Park is Ballybofey, Fr.Tierney Park is Ballyshannon and O'Donnell Park is Letterkenny

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

DuperDee

Quote from: whatever on January 03, 2007, 12:26:48 PM
I'll take it that
Sean MacCumhaill Park is Ballybofey, Fr.Tierney Park is Ballyshannon and O'Donnell Park is Letterkenny

What sort of ground does Letterkenny ahve. Does it have a stand. With bad weather it would be better to cater fro the real supporter who goes out in all weather rather that bringing the games to the town.

Any plans in Donegal for floodlighting and of so where are they intending to put them.

Heard also that Devenney, Cassidy and McFadden are back in the Donegal panel for this year and that Donegal are already training one night a week before Christmas in Castlefin under lights. If those three are back Donegal will be no push over this year. They looked very promising last year but with a bit of bad luck, fall outs, injuries, suspensions they were not able to show their full potential. I would fancy them against Armagh this year. Good to see another team in Ulster with the real potential to go the distance. I think that Armagh will be there or there abouts this year but not the real deal so they may be replaced in the short term by Armagh

J70

Quote from: DuperDee on January 03, 2007, 03:52:50 PM
Quote from: whatever on January 03, 2007, 12:26:48 PM
I'll take it that

What sort of ground does Letterkenny ahve. Does it have a stand. With bad weather it would be better to cater fro the real supporter who goes out in all weather rather that bringing the games to the town.

Any plans in Donegal for floodlighting and of so where are they intending to put them.

Heard also that Devenney, Cassidy and McFadden are back in the Donegal panel for this year and that Donegal are already training one night a week before Christmas in Castlefin under lights. If those three are back Donegal will be no push over this year. They looked very promising last year but with a bit of bad luck, fall outs, injuries, suspensions they were not able to show their full potential. I would fancy them against Armagh this year. Good to see another team in Ulster with the real potential to go the distance. I think that Armagh will be there or there abouts this year but not the real deal so they may be replaced in the short term by Armagh

I thought Ballybofey was down for floodlighting at one stage, but I don't know if it was installed. I sure of the resident Donegal men will know.

Regarding Donegal's prospects, who knows? McFadden is terribly inconsistent, Devenney not far behind. Cassidy will be a very welcome return though. Could be worth a shot beside Neil Gallagher.

J70

Quote from: tommy1 on January 03, 2007, 12:02:39 PM
I believe the meeting off donegal and kerry will take place in letterkenny, it was passed at a county board meeting, with two objections coming from two fellows called mick mc grath and Brian Mc Eniff. Letterkenny at the moment has no turn gates so there working on getting them in before the 25th.   

Are McGrath and McEniff not happy with Ballyshannon getting only one game?

MrC

The installation of floodlights will commence at Sean MacCumhaill Park in a few weeks time. Also, according to Monday's Donegal News O'Donnell Park is closed for some repair work
'Sam's For The Hills' - Anthony Molloy, 20th September 1992