Down DVD's

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, December 15, 2006, 01:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Have just posted this on the Non GAA section but just in case some of you don't venture into that strange domain  I thought that I'd chance my arm here as well. Sorry for the duplication!  :-[

Need to get my hands on a couple of DVD about Down football team, a christmas present (not for me mind)!!!
Anything to do with the 5 Sams or the history of the county team, would have to be available in Belfast though.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.   :)
Tbc....

full back

No chance of gettin anything on DVD. Might be able to get old style video tapes or indeed stills :D :D :D

Over the Bar

Down's Success in the new Millennium" is on at the break in Coronation St. :P

johnneycool

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 15, 2006, 02:58:44 PM
Down's Success in the new Millennium" is on at the break in Coronation St. :P

Thats right, because everyone knows that gaelic football only started aroung the turn of the 'new millenium'

::)

never kickt a ball

Where are you 5times when your county needs you?

dubnut

Gaoth, thegaastore.com has the 1991 and 1994 football finals in full in their dvd section.
I think they are based in the north so you should get a quick delivery.
Other than that nowt!

Lecale2

A mate has extensive highlights of the 1960, 61 and 68 All Irelands and the 1966 Ulster final all on the one DVD. I'll see if I can get you a copy. I'll see him in the pub tonight.

Square Ball

Quote from: Lecale2 on December 15, 2006, 06:12:27 PM
A mate has extensive highlights of the 1960, 61 and 68 All Irelands and the 1966 Ulster final all on the one DVD. I'll see if I can get you a copy. I'll see him in the pub tonight.

Any excuse at all wil do, aah!!! :D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

sligoman2

Does the DVD show highlights of the championship game against Sligo this year?

If so, I might buy a copy meself. ;D ;D ;D
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Lecale2

Hopefully I'll be able to sort something out. Had a chat with a couple of lads tonight and should be able to get copies. I borrowed them during the summer and let my Da watch them. Talk about bringing back menories!! He didn't shout up for a month.

Over the Bar

QuoteA mate has extensive highlights of the 1960, 61 and 68 All Irelands and the 1966 Ulster final all on the one DVD. I'll see if I can get you a copy. I'll see him in the pub tonight.

I'd love a ciopy of that too Lecale.  I have tons of stuff (mainly Tyrone tho) on dvd if you'd fancy a swap.
cheers

Turfsmoke

Lecale2,

Sixties Down stuff?

Epic, legendary, history-making. Nobody's going to do again what they did then.

Any chance it could be made generally available?

Cloc Mor

Lecale, I reckon you could open up a wee stall in Jonesborough with this DVD.  Lots of interest in a compilation DVD with the Down All Ireland finals - even a highlights version would be much longer than an Armagh/Tyrone equivalent. 

Armagh and Tyrone can include coverage of Scor if they wish to extend running time.

Square Ball

if I remember rightly there was talk of showing this, or something like this in the Paradox on AIF day, what happened to that? Is there a way to load the DVD onto this forum so those who want to can download it? or failing that one of the teckies here will know of a way to do it if its possible.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

lfdown2

i know ur now getting tortured lecale but if ur copyin a lock keep me in mind, il sort you out with any expenses or more if you like.