Turnstile Operators

Started by joebloggs, June 25, 2007, 01:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joebloggs

Does anyone know how much the people on the turnstiles at matches get paid? 

corn02

They don't and there are alot of stupid generalisations here, if they get so much backhanders go volunteer yourself!

cville

Pah! Turnstyle Operators! Good old Hitlers in their wee box..."Let me see that student card!"-

Great yarn concerns Christy Ring going to a match in the Cork Gaelic Grounds a couple of years after he had retired. The Legend of the GAA and Cork was walking by the hole in the wall and shouted in "Ya Keepin all Right?" to the guy in the box as he walked on into the ground. The guy in the box shouted "Hey you, come back here and pay your money". So Christy went back to the box and looked in to see who the guy was. Lo and behold it was a former hurler who had played a couple of times with Ringy in the Cork side. "Sorry Christy, you're gonna have to pay your money like all the rest," said the official. "Sure you know me of course," said Ringy. "I won eight all-Ireland medals with Cork and I'm here as a guest of the Board." "That's not my problem fella," replied the Official. Eventually, Ringy handed over the money and said: "Well there you go, eight all-Ireland medals and I still have to pay to watch the Cork hurlers. But I'll tell you something, if it wasn't for fucekrs like you on the team I 'd have won eight more!"  

downredblack

One of these boys asked the mother for proof of age in Beffni park a few years ago , You'd swear the money was coming out of his pocket  ;)

passedit

In fairness, she shouldn't have been trying to get in as a schoolgirl.
Don't Panic

full back

Quote from: passedit on June 25, 2007, 02:40:30 PM
In fairness, she shouldn't have been trying to get in as a schoolgirl.

It was the weekend ;)

PrivatePile

I remember after a big Antrim hurling championship match in a North Antrim hurling stronghold many moons ago one of the turnstile operators came into the bar and bought everyone a pile of drink with the proceeds of the match.......

AZOffaly

Had to smile in Croker yesterday (before the game!!!). The turnstile Operator that let me in was wearing a Leinster rugby shirt :D

An Gaeilgoir

I saw an offical in action at a national league match a few years ago.It was pouring with rain and a very elderly Mayo supporter was with his daughter. They walked all around the pitch and when they got to the stand,the offical wouldnt let them in.there were only about 100 people in the stand,the daughter offered to walk allthe way round to get the proper tickets if her father could sit down out of the rain. But the offical wouldnt let him in becuase he had no ticket! the elderly gentleman had to stand out in the rain until his daughter returned. The stick the offical got was unreal.And to make matters worse the elderly gentleman in question was a member of the 1951 winning Mayo all ireland team!

Mike Sheehy

QuoteThey don't get anything which is probably the reason that they are the most ignorant shower of cnuts in the world

Give us some examples of this "ignorance" ....

zoyler

True story from Co. Carlow - Turnstile operator who was pensioner himself refused entry to classmate because it was not the OAP stile and sent him the whole way round the ground to correct stile.  Following Sunday at Mass operator stuck out his hand to classmate at @ offer each other the sign of peace@ and was told loudly to fcuk off!  He deserved it!