county stars in the us

Started by oakleaf stateside, June 22, 2007, 03:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaf stateside

any 1 know of any goin 2 the us this summer ???
Dont Do It

stephenite

I'd say you'll get a few lads heading out after the first round of the qualifiers, if their County is knocked out

PrivatePile

Young Mc Gourty went for 3 days but when he got there he remembered he forgot his favourite Winnie The Pooh blanket so had to come home.

David McKeown

Which Mc Gourty I think Kevin was planning on heading but are any of his brothers going too?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

PrivatePile

Quote from: David McKeown on June 22, 2007, 09:40:00 AM
Which Mc Gourty I think Kevin was planning on heading but are any of his brothers going too?

CJ Mc Gourty,as this thread is titled "County stars in the US" it immediately excludes Kevin "Shaws Road" Mc Gourty.

cavan4ever

Quote from: oakleaf stateside on June 22, 2007, 03:02:47 AM

Sean Johnston, Paul Brady, Martin Cahill from cavan and loads of Antrim players apparantly.

Quote from: stephenite on June 22, 2007, 03:17:56 AM
I'd say you'll get a few lads heading out after the first round of the qualifiers, if their County is knocked out

They have to be registered by the 1st July so anyone who waits for the qualifers will be to late.  Thats why the Cavan Lads are gone and people are pissed off with them

mannix

Will ny ever get the kind of crowds of irish that was there in the 80s and 90s, i remember watching ireland play and beat germany in the roaring 20s pub in bainbridge,everywhere was packed, drove down the bainbridge area  when i was there last october and could not believe my eyes.It was mighty crack in the pubs them times but even though I know the crowd has moved to woodlawn the pubs are tame and quiete even at the weekend.In queens another day in 1995 i think blackburn were playing and the only place showing it was the dublin bar called irish rover or something that on 48 st and queens boulevard, like it was jammed and they shut the doors.I suppose ny will pull out of the connaught thing with another hiding or two but will it ever return to how it used to be?

magpie seanie

Quotewill it ever return to how it used to be?

Hopefully not.

Uladh

Cmon mid, give us the low down on the punch up in callans on monday?

also, why didn't the lads go home on the bus?

LaurelEye

Quote from: cavan4ever on June 22, 2007, 09:45:55 AM
Quote from: oakleaf stateside on June 22, 2007, 03:02:47 AM

Sean Johnston, Paul Brady, Martin Cahill from cavan and loads of Antrim players apparantly.

Quote from: stephenite on June 22, 2007, 03:17:56 AM

They have to be registered by the 1st July so anyone who waits for the qualifers will be to late.  Thats why the Cavan Lads are gone and people are pissed off with them

Is it not still the 20th? Stephen O'Neill didn't go out last year to San Francisco until Tyrone were out of the qualifiers and that was well into July.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

cavan4ever

I cud be wrong but it def said the first in papers but they could be wrong.

Tony Baloney

Can I ask a stupid question?! Apart from students how can men of working age go away to the US and play football? Don't they work anywhere?!

Uladh

orangeman

What about starting a new thread about club players going to usa ? We've a few players going out to states who are going out when they would be needed most - we're out of the championship and would need to pick up points in the laegue to stay up - I know it's difficult to criticise young fellas but come September, Philadelphia won't be much use to the clubs.

David McKeown

Yeah we have a few fellas going out which will make our season tougher, but i wouldnt begrudge them it.  Your only young once and the best experience of my lfe was living in the states for a year, so fair play to them I hope they enjoy it.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner