Uibh Fhaili v Ath Cliath

Started by AZOffaly, June 18, 2007, 09:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Lads/Lassies. I have spare tickets for the Upper Cusack (705). If anyone is interested for Sunday let me know

Gnevin

Quote from: INDIANA on June 19, 2007, 10:59:57 AM
himself and caffrey had a disagreement in january. You won't see o shaughnessy playing as long as caffrey is there.
Where you hear this? If so why is he on the panel at all?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

INDIANA

apparently he went on hols in jan - caffrey said it was ok but when he came back he was told he wasn't showing the same attitude as the rest by going away. Lally got the same for going to Dubai. I'm only saying what i was told and i've no reason to believe it's bullshit.
Bit of a coincidence neither has figured.

Gnevin

Quote from: INDIANA on June 19, 2007, 12:59:19 PM
apparently he went on hols in jan - caffrey said it was ok but when he came back he was told he wasn't showing the same attitude as the rest by going away. Lally got the same for going to Dubai. I'm only saying what i was told and i've no reason to believe it's bullshit.
Bit of a coincidence neither has figured.

If thats the case why take up 2 places on the bench with them if they are never going to play?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

INDIANA

well there isn't too many options out there. they won't start but he may bring them on if needed. he isn't that stupid - but i don't see either being in the starting 15 until caffrey is gone. and i'm pretty sure that will be the case.

liihb

heard the same thing about the 2 lads, if I was them I'd walk
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

tayto

It took us a long time to beat Offaly last year and that was only when they'd a man sent off.
A couple of decisions could've gone the other way and it'd have been a very different game.
Dublin will need a couple of the lads to have much better games then on Sunday - brogan - Quinn - Connolly and even Keaney till the last ten minutes, Vaughan won;t win it on his own again. Also we'll have a certain fatigue and possible knocks from the weekend to contend with. I can see this being tight and a lucky break either way could have a major bearing on the result. Think Dublin will have to improve on sunday to come through.

Tankie

Quote from: tayto on June 19, 2007, 05:45:06 PM
It took us a long time to beat Offaly last year and that was only when they'd a man sent off.
A couple of decisions could've gone the other way and it'd have been a very different game.
Dublin will need a couple of the lads to have much better games then on Sunday - brogan - Quinn - Connolly and even Keaney till the last ten minutes, Vaughan won;t win it on his own again. Also we'll have a certain fatigue and possible knocks from the weekend to contend with. I can see this being tight and a lucky break either way could have a major bearing on the result. Think Dublin will have to improve on sunday to come through.

I dont think dublin need to improve to beat Offaly, if they improve it will be a hammering!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Jinxy

Quote from: tayto on June 19, 2007, 05:45:06 PM

Ah c'mon, are u Pillar in disguise?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

HowdyDoody

DUBLIN (SFC v Offaly) - S Cluxton; D Henry, R McConnell, P Griffin; P Casey, B Cullen, B Cahill; C Whelan, S Ryan; C Moran, M Vaughan, D Connolly; A Brogan, C Keaney, T Quinn.

Gnevin

Quote from: HowdyDoody on June 19, 2007, 11:12:40 PM
DUBLIN (SFC v Offaly) - S Cluxton; D Henry, R McConnell, P Griffin; P Casey, B Cullen, B Cahill; C Whelan, S Ryan; C Moran, M Vaughan, D Connolly; A Brogan, C Keaney, T Quinn.

Same starting 15 ,can't really argue. Big games for Vaughan and Quinn. Vaughan to prove he can do it consistently and Quinn to bring out it open play game

AZOffaly

Same Starting 15 for Offaly as well I think, although there are doubts about a couple of players

P. Kelly (Shamrocks), G. Rafferty (St. Rynaghs), J. Quinn (Clara), J. Keane(Tullamore),  P. McConway (Tullamore), S. Brady (Clara), K. Slattery (Gracefield), A. McNamee (Rhode), N. Smith (Gracefield), N. Coughlan (Shamrocks), P. Kelleghan (Rhode), C. McManus (Tubber), T. Deehan (Clara), PJ Ward (Shamrocks), N. McNamee (Rhode)

liihb

McManus v Casey should see some fireworks!
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

INDIANA

lads i can guarantee that the dublin will have changes- jayo will definitely start from what i know - and it looks like cosgrove will too.

magpie seanie

So out with Connolly and Quinn?