Thanks RTE

Started by AZOffaly, June 17, 2007, 06:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Onlooker on June 20, 2007, 12:18:59 AM
The dual player who got injured was Keith Higgins (Mayo).

I was thinking it happened in the Kerry/Mayo match but couldnt remember exactly who got injured,  thanks for the correction Onlooker.

rosnarun

on galwaybay bhoys point about the nick rackard /christy ring cup  not getting a mention except in reelation to football is this not right . these cups are by definition Lower grade competitionns the point of which is to get out of them. from a media point(TV in poarticular) of The Gaa should try and concentrate on promoting the big games. so as not to dilute the quality on view. the 2 hurling games at the weekend were 2 of the best sporting fixture youll ever see . Mayo V kerry wasn't
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ildanach

Quote from: easytiger on June 18, 2007, 05:15:41 PM
Eh, Keith Barr wasn't on "Take Your Point" - Charlie Redmond was. And he was as reasonable and sensible as he always is - not a "rent-a-mouth".

The same Charle Redmond who on Park Life last year was made a complete tit of by Shane Curran after he said how mayo would put it up to Dublin, only for Cake to come on and say exactly what Charle had said about Mayo back Stage, The look on his face was priceless!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: rosnarun on June 20, 2007, 10:52:38 AM
on galwaybay bhoys point about the nick rackard /christy ring cup  not getting a mention except in reelation to football is this not right . these cups are by definition Lower grade competitionns the point of which is to get out of them. from a media point(TV in poarticular) of The Gaa should try and concentrate on promoting the big games. so as not to dilute the quality on view. the 2 hurling games at the weekend were 2 of the best sporting fixture youll ever see . Mayo V kerry wasn't

While I accept that, the games deserve to get more of a mention than they do.  Results should always get a mention on the news and there should be more talk about the competitions on the Sunday Game show on a Sunday night.  Most ot the time if you didnt make an effort youd never hear a thing about the competitions until it comes to the finals.

prewtna

"Niall McNamee will be hoping to lead Leitrim past Galway in the Connacht SFC semi-final"

caption under photo for SFC Previews. picture of Nial McNamee (i think its him!) playing against wexford in what must be the leinster championship.

they havent a bloody notion! id didnt know offaly was in connacht?

his holiness nb

Quote from: Pietas on June 18, 2007, 02:35:05 PM
Kevin McStay once again showed his Dublin bias by dismissing Ciaran Whelan's elbow into the neck of Graham Geraghty as 'handbags,' focusing on Whelan's right-hand push to the face rather than Whelan's left elbow in Geraghty's windpipe. 

Pietas, I read this comment and said nothing, on wednesday night I watched the game again, taped the incident and watched it repeatedly.
I have come to the conclusion that your statement is the biggest heap of shite I have ever read, its one thing having a go at the Dubs, but making up total lies is not on.

Elbow to the neck my hole, cop yourself on.  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: prewtna on June 21, 2007, 10:51:34 PM
"Niall McNamee will be hoping to lead Leitrim past Galway in the Connacht SFC semi-final"

caption under photo for SFC Previews. picture of Nial McNamee (i think its him!) playing against wexford in what must be the leinster championship.

they havent a bloody notion! id didnt know offaly was in connacht?

Say nothing, they might forget that Dublin's the capital and is in Leinster!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

AhFeckRef

See rte.ie are as inept with their analysis as the guys on the Sunday game....  ::)

QuoteSo, all the evidence points to a Galway win, but this Leitrim side will not want to drop down to the Tommy Murphy Cup without a fight. Their pride, along with home advantage, should see them avoid annihilation.

Win lose or draw on Sunday, one things for sure, Leitrim will be going nowhere near the TM Cup.