Thanks RTE

Started by AZOffaly, June 17, 2007, 06:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Jaysus, just when it seemed RTE were going to do the right thing by showing both big games, they go and hose it all up. I'd say I wasn't alone in contemplating a nice Father's Day watching 2 games live (Donegal v Tyrone and Waterford v Cork in my case) and following it up with the full recorded Dublin Meath game.

It would have been easy to avoid talk of the game, but what do RTE do? Right plonk in the top left corner every 10 or 15 minute, updates from Dublin Meath. For Jaysus sake, could they not just let people check the radio or teletext if they really wanted to find out the score of a game they were probably taping???

Idiots.

Footnote, having seen that Dublin were 13-09 up I switched over to watch the last 15 minutes, and of course there in the top corner was the final score from Thurles, so anyone who chose the football and to tape the hurling was equally stymied.

Dinny Breen

They break my fu*king heart, couldn't believe they kept updating the football...
#newbridgeornowhere

joemamas

they are about the most incompetent bunch of assholes you could assemble in one place.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: joemamas on June 17, 2007, 07:26:22 PM
they are about the most incompetent bunch of assholes you could assemble in one place.

Ahh leave Hill 16 out of this :P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

QuoteThey break my fu*king heart, couldn't believe they kept updating the football...

Madness. And they were doing the same during the Football game. I thought they just couldn't help telling us how the Dubs were doing.

Hardy

Says it all about that crowd of good-for-nothing, overpaid, tired, lazy, couldn't-care-less, secure-in-their-monopoly, civil-service-mentality clowns.

bottlethrower7

and what of those birds they have doing the sideline reporter stint. Cringeable isn't the word.

Are RTE trying to 'sexy' things up with these 2? Maybe they should have gone more for people with a bit more cop on.

typical questions from the one down in thurles (who isn't even that good looking to start with)

'so, what does this win mean to you?'

'do you think this was a hard battle, in Munster championship terms?'

mother of god, they are truly awful.

The Real SlimShady

Quote from: Hardy on June 18, 2007, 11:47:45 AM
Says it all about thst crowd of good-for-nothing, overpaid, tired, lazy, couldn't-care-less, secure-in-their-monopoly, civil-service-mentality clowns.

good man Hardy, don't hold back there!!

AZOffaly

In fairness BT, I saw your one Evanne Ni Cualainn in Portlaoise last Sunday and she wasn't bad at all.

Hardy

BT – spot on. I couldn't believe it when yer wan Evanne was sent out to interview Babs before the game on Saturday night. The talk of the country was the dropping of Cummins. Did she ask him about it? Not at all – platitudes, clichés and sound bites was what we got. As usual. I'll stop now or I'll be outraging Slim Shady!

bottlethrower7

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 18, 2007, 12:08:56 PM
In fairness BT, I saw your one Evanne Ni Cualainn in Portlaoise last Sunday and she wasn't bad at all.

In fairness, I shouldn't have made that comment about them. They're grand looking. Just not much on interviewing.

AZOffaly

No, the auld interviewing thing is still not the best with them alright. The Babs Keating interview on Saturday night was particularly painful.

Pietas

RTE's pro Dublin bias on Sunday was absolutely breathtaking.

No excuse to pan the camera across Hill 16 was missed, whilst Meath fans on the canal end were featured only once.  I would rather not see either set of supporters to be honest.

Kevin McStay once again showed his Dublin bias by dismissing Ciaran Whelan's elbow into the neck of Graham Geraghty as 'handbags,' focusing on Whelan's right-hand push to the face rather than Whelan's left elbow in Geraghty's windpipe.  Had things been the other way around I suggest he might have said different.

But what really took the biscuit was the first half-hour devoted to the Dubs by Con Murphy and Co on the 'Take Your Point' radio show on RTE 1 on Sunday evening.

An entire half of this programme was taken up with Murphy prattling away about the Dubs, with guest appearances by the bold Pillar (what's the point of talking to this man?) and ever-reliabled rent-a-mouth Keith Barr.

This, on a day when Tyrone had re-installed themselves as geniune All-Ireland contenders and, more importantly, whilst Donald O'Grady was lashing all around him like Frank Lohan on speed down south. Sligo's defeat of Roscommon was all but ignored.

Murphy and Darragh Maloney have form for this pro-dublin carry-on, but now appear to be aided and abetted by production staff in RTE.  It's a laugh.

Tom Humphries is at it again in the Irish Times this morning, mentioning 'Dublin' and 'All-Ireland in the same sentence.  Where do these guys get off?

In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Pietas

Quote from: Pietas on June 18, 2007, 02:32:55 PM
RTE's pro Dublin bias on Sunday was absolutely breathtaking.

No excuse to pan the camera across Hill 16 was missed, whilst Meath fans on the canal end were featured only once.  I would rather not see either set of supporters to be honest.

Kevin McStay once again showed his Dublin bias by dismissing Ciaran Whelan's elbow into the neck of Graham Geraghty as 'handbags,' focusing on Whelan's right-hand push to the face rather than Whelan's left elbow in Geraghty's windpipe.  Had things been the other way around I suggest he might have said different.

But what really took the biscuit was the first half-hour devoted to the Dubs by Con Murphy and Co on the 'Take Your Point' radio show on RTE 1 on Sunday evening.

An entire half of this programme was taken up with Murphy prattling away about the Dubs, with guest appearances by the bold Pillar (what's the point of talking to this man?) and ever-reliabled rent-a-mouth Keith Barr.

This, on a day when Tyrone had re-installed themselves as geniune All-Ireland contenders and, more importantly, whilst Donald O'Grady was lashing all around him like Frank Lohan on speed down south. Sligo's defeat of Roscommon was all but ignored.

Murphy and Darragh Maloney have form for this pro-dublin carry-on, but now appear to be aided and abetted by production staff in RTE.  It's a laugh.

Tom Humphries is at it again in the Irish Times this morning, mentioning 'Dublin' and 'All-Ireland in the same sentence.  Where do these guys get off?

No All-Ireland for 12 years, and a first round win over Meath induces hysteria in the capital. They're shameless.

In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Declan

QuoteTom Humphries is at it again in the Irish Times this morning, mentioning 'Dublin' and 'All-Ireland in the same sentence. Where do these guys get off?

Let's see beaten by AI champs in 2005 after a replay,beaten in the AI semi last year in a thriller. After Sunday probably faves again for the Leinster - sure you're right they shouldn't be mentioned as AI contenders at all. It's between Tyrone and Kerry and the rest of us should just pack up the tents and on holiers