USFC Semi Final - Doire v Muineacháin

Started by GrandMasterFlash, June 12, 2007, 09:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Whoever was responsible for plucking crozier from obscurity and putting him in the job should be roaded. he's a joker of the highest order.

passedit

Was flicking between all the matches yesterday and came accross a passage of play where Derry seemed to spend an age handpassing back and forward in the middle third before losing the ball. I have to admit I had a mental image of the follickly challenged one tearing the remainder of his hair out and frothing at the mouth. To be fair to the lad he did warn everyone about Crozier. Jeez lads that was pathetic from Derry yesterday and that's coming from a Down man.
Don't Panic

loughshore lad

Crozier may not be up to the task of managing a county team but responsibility must lie with the players.
Derry simply have not got the players to compete at the top tier of county football. There is a massive difference between a very good club player and a stand out county player. Derry have loads of very good club players but then so does every other county. Take Deets for example - great club player but has not got it at county level, got plenty of chances but is not good enough.
Too many of the Derry players and supporters think their players are better than they actually are.

lynchbhoy

thank you passedit - but I take no pleasurein being right on this...
anyone who would have had PC as a manager would know straight away that he is like 70% of county bosses, ok , but when changes need to be made with a game going against them, he cannot perform.

I will say again that I think Derry have the players already that are good enough to propel them to be one of the top 8, maybe top 5 sides in Ireland.
However a good squad is no longer good enough these days given the superb level that  a lot of teams have reached.

Tyrone were guilty of having superb players and more than enough in their squad and prob should have won multi All Irelands - but were chokers until Mickey Harte acme in and took what was essentially the same bunch of perennial under achievers and turned them into the best.

You need good players, but above that you need a plan of acction.
Mickey harte is the master!

PC is standing in the corner with his wee dunces hat on him

I didnt even froth at the mouth either - am too used to watching Derry over the years and have seen it all before - unfortunately :(
f**king groundhog day