Meath vs Dublin 17th June

Started by meathie, June 05, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Well took me till wednesday to find a computer. Theres not much point in saying much as most of you covered what i have to say. But my take is that Dublin were the better team, and just had that bit more potential going forward and they had Mark Vaughn kicking the frees that were going wide a forthnight ago. I think Meath players and fans should be optimistic going into the qualifiers, we are getting stronger as time goes by. If Geraghty had netted that chance we were winners, but Dublin had their goal chances too which evens it out.

I didnt see the Gerathy-Whelan incident clearly and would like another look at it. The papers(more percisely Keith Barr) said Gerathy dived from a push, where-as others said it was a box in the face. either way i think it was a case of what goes around comes around.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Uladh

Didn't get any comment on this one...

Quote from: Uladh on June 18, 2007, 11:58:15 AM
Does anyone else think alan brogan fouls the ball when he's trying to break clear of a tackle? he holds the ball in the air out in front of himself and runs as though this offering of the ball is part of the "bouncing the ball" process. frequently he'll take 7 or 8 steps in the process of bouncing it and then his 4 after before toe tapping.

any thoughts?

magpie seanie

I saw what you meant on the highlights when he went through for his early goal chance. Interesting alright though I'm not exactly sure what to think about it.

Davitt Man

Broagn came up with this clever trick a few years ago, it works well on a dry day when he can hold the dry ball in one hand. He takes about 7\8 steps everytime as he goes by a man, and hops the ball quite clever

Uladh

but is holding the ball out in front of yourself considered as part of the act of bouncing the ball?
personally i think its a foul.

Davitt Man

Quote from: Uladh on June 20, 2007, 02:16:37 PM

but is holding the ball out in front of yourself considered as part of the act of bouncing the ball?

Thats the question, i dont think it is so it should a free everytime for steps

his holiness nb

Quote from: Uladh on June 20, 2007, 02:16:37 PM

Sure hes just another dirty cheating dub, no better than Hitler  ;)
Ask me holy bollix