Meath vs Dublin 17th June

Started by meathie, June 05, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meathie

I thought I would start a new thread about the replay where we can talk aboutthe actual upcoming game and not gg etc etc! I hear that the game is def on sunday at 4pm. would it be such a bad idea to have it at 6pm? anyone see any problems. To meath crew, I thought Crawfrd was terrible and chicken sh*t on sunday and hope he is left off the next day. Would like to see Farrell Ward and Bray in ff line with Sherridan Geraghty (depending) and Byrne in half forward line.

Jinxy

Playing it later in the evening is a theoretical possibility but I'd say the guards would issue a firm "No" if the suggestion was put to them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hound

Quote from: meathie on June 05, 2007, 01:29:18 PM
I hear that the game is def on sunday at 4pm.
I dont think that's definite yet. From the RTE website:

'There is the possibility of a change but we won't know until we meet on Tuesday to discuss it.' RTÉ Sport's Paul Byrnes on the possibility of changing Sunday week's Sunday Game schedule to accommodate the Dublin v Meath Leinster SFC replay.

AZOffaly

why can't they play it Saturday eveing?

Louth Exile

Leinster council seem to have a taken a stance that we set the game as being at 4pm on Sunday and that is the end of it! They are dead set against the Staurday night ans as alright pointed out the Gardai are unlikely to allow it to go ahead at 6pm
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

AZOffaly

So it will be in direct competition with Waterford and Cork in the hurling then?

Billys Boots

Quotewhy can't they play it Saturday eveing?

That would interfere unjustifiably with the Dubs' drinking time - it must coincide with the 'Holy Hour' on Sunday, in keeping with tradition.  Next thing you'll be asking for them to give some respect to opposition's free-takers.  Get a grip.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

armaghniac

Quoteas alright pointed out the Gardai are unlikely to allow it to go ahead at 6pm
Why exactly might Saturday evening be OK while Sunday 6pm is not?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DUBSFORSAM1

It won't be on Saturday as Brian Farrell of Meath would then not be available as his ban doesn't expire till the Sat night...

Msgr. Horan

Sure no worries if it clashes, the second replay wont clash with anything.

armaghniac

QuoteSure no worries if it clashes, the second replay wont clash with anything.

No, but if there is many more of these Leinster replays then the Qualifiers are fecked up, you have Mayo, Armagh, Cavan, Westmeath  etc waiting for a game and even at present the Leinster semi is only one week before round 1.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

All this fuss about live TV for this game - was there a belief in Dublinmeath that RTE would simply drop one of the games from the lesser remote(from Dublin 4) Provinces?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tyrone Dreamer

Next weekend has turned into one of the best weekends there'll be in the gaa championships all year. Cork v Waterford in the hurling should be a cracker - the current league champions v the 2005/6 all ireland champions. Tyrone v Donegal is also another very big game and hugely significent to both teams, it also see's the current league champions v the 2003/5 all ireland champions. Then there's the replay of Dublin Meath. The 1st game was brilliant and Meath look to be in a position to knock the Dubs of the top of the pile in Leinster in front of a packed Croke Park. From a selfish point of view it would have been great if the Dublin Meath match was on live on the Saturday as Ill be in Clones on the Sunday. If not deferred coverage at 6 (or even better 6.30) wouldnt be to bad on the Sunday. It would be some day for the armchair fan if all 3 game are covered in a row.

fearglasmor

Quote from: Rossfan on June 05, 2007, 06:02:57 PM
All this fuss about live TV for this game - was there a belief in Dublinmeath that RTE would simply drop one of the games from the lesser remote(from Dublin 4) Provinces?

I think all the fuss as you call it being created by RTE and their media comrades.  I don't believe Dublin, Meath or the Leinster Council are too concerned about it.

Louth Exile

Quote from: armaghniac on June 05, 2007, 04:58:25 PM
Quoteas alright pointed out the Gardai are unlikely to allow it to go ahead at 6pm
Why exactly might Saturday evening be OK while Sunday 6pm is not?
I don't know myself, but that is what Colm Keyes wrote in today's indo....
The easy solution is to show full deferred coverage straight after the other two games
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com