MEATH VS DUBLIN: 3RD JUNE

Started by thejuice, May 20, 2007, 05:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Game against Kildare is only ovewr ten minutes and I'm already looking forward to this one. Gonig to book me flight now to get home. This is going to be savage. C'mon the Royals.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Real Laoislad

Ye won't get away with kicking as many wides against Dublin as ye did today
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Jinxy

Don't worry, we'll deal with ye Laois boys when the time comes. ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

INDIANA

Gnevin

Quote from: thejuice on May 20, 2007, 05:42:02 PM
Game against Kildare is only ovewr ten minutes and I'm already looking forward to this one. Gonig to book me flight now to get home. This is going to be savage. C'mon the Royals.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Is that microphone coming out of his ass?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Jinxy

Were all of our scores other than the penalty from play? Can't remember any free's being scored.

Declan

Only watched the highlights of the Kildare match and Meath looked strong down the middle alright. June weekend will be great craic altogether though I take it the Royals will only want 15000 tickets given their massive support yesterday?????

thejuice

yeah dissapointing turn out. Meath and Kildare almost filled Croke park on their own 10 years ago. Maybe the thoughts of a game Vs Dublin will get the Fairweathers out, (hmmmm maybe i should include myself in there  :-[ , although not many meath fans have to fly to get to Croker)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Yes - I put 360 miles and fifteen hours on the clock yesterday to see the matches and now I'll probably struggle to get a ticket to see us finally put this Dublin team out of its misery. The match is not listed on Ticketmaster this morning (only one match forthat day is listed) - anyone know he story?

Declan

Hardy - Last couple of years for all the Leinster games I've been ringing Portlaoise directly ((057)8682000) and getting family tickets. Never had a problem.
won't know until later this week myself if I'm going to be around for the game but hopefully will make it. Slagging has started already and youse lads are fairly confident of winning. 

Hardy

Thanks for that Declan - I'll give it a try.

I have a feeling in my water about this. Despite general dismissal around here of Meath's performance yesterday, I thought it was pretty good, especially in the second half. And the first half would have been as good and the win a much bigger one but for a few efforts that were barely the wrong side of the post.

It's hard to know how much to allow for Kildare's lack of a midfield and nobody would have expected them to play as they did without much spirit or fight, but I liked the balanced look of our team. For the first time in a long time, I don't see a glaring weakness.

I have reservations about our half forwards and I don't think we match the top teams at foraging for scrappy ball and it was disappointing that, even against a well beaten team yesterday we didn't see much of our half backs in attack. No team goes to the top without wing backs who can raid forward and support attacks. But still, there are great improvements to be seen.

Coyle's team has yet to be tested in Croke Park by pacy, accurate forwards (though the shackling of John Doyle and Tadhg Fennin was impressive). But I don't see the glaring lack of pace in defence that's been our undoing since 2001. On top of that, Darren Fay is looking every bit the player he always was and Moyles is playing outstandingly at CHB – man of the match yesterday. This position has been our single biggest problem for years and if it's solved, it's a big step forward on the road to .... somewhere.

Ward and Crawford, with Reilly chipping in, won't be overrun by any midfield in the country and with the consequent prospect of decent supply, I think our forwards will score against anybody and what I really like is that we seem to be able to get goals (even if it took Darren Fay and a penalty to get yesterday's two).

It's very early days and I'm only whispering it, but I feel something stirring.

The Real Laoislad

QuoteIt's very early days and I'm only whispering it, but I feel something stirring.

Maybe you should sit on the toilet for a while :)
Was it something you ate? The burgers were fairly dodge in Croker yesterday
You'll Never Walk Alone.

dubsnsubs

Meath rule out Farrell appeal
21 May 2007

Meath won't be appealing the sending off of full forward Brian Farrell during the second half of their Leinster SFC first round win over Kildare.

The Nobber clubman, who has been cautioned earlier for a clumsy tackle, received a straight red card for apparently striking out at Kildare defender Eamonn O'Callaghan and will miss the Leinster quarter-final against Dublin on June 3 as a result.

Farrell's father and Meath selector Dudley fully accepted the referee's decision.

"On the sending off, I thought 'rightly so'. He did hit so he had to go. I'd have no queries about that whatsoever," he said.

Dudley revealed that Meath had prepared for such a situation during their recent training camp in Portugal.

"They knuckled down well and when we were in Portugal we prepared and trained for what we were going to do if we lost a man. I felt when Kildare had the extra man it didn't look that they had it so at least we got something out of the trip!"

Jinxy

Hopefully this will start a trend of counties not appealing every decision regardless of justification. Take your punishment and move on. He'll be a big loss for June 3rd though.

Gnevin

Predictions lads?
Dublin to win for me , Whelan to be sent off
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.