Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 12, 2018, 08:22:21 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 12, 2018, 04:59:18 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 12, 2018, 04:54:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 12, 2018, 02:47:23 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 12, 2018, 02:03:33 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on April 11, 2018, 04:11:16 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on April 11, 2018, 09:53:51 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 11, 2018, 09:48:54 AM
Very good performances in his debut season in 2010 v Sligo and Longford. A good game v Tyrone in 13 . Mostly negative contributions for the rest of his time , a tendency to shy away from 50/50 balls , a complete no no for inter county.   it was 2015 v Dubs I seen him with my two fooking eyes yellow out of a 60/40 in his favour when it was melting pot time . His fans never seem to see whats obvious to others.

Unfortunately accurate.
no point in slagging him off at this point.
he did his stint for mayo and should be thanked for it

A good footballer with plenty of talent but probably just lacking a bit of an edge to his game.

He's no worse than the likes of Evan Regan or Conor O'Shea. But I suppose you've more juice to stick on the panel when your big brothers are calling the shots and the manager doesn't want to offend them.

If Horan had some sense he'd have left him on for more than 15 minutes  in the 2013 AI final, a year where he was in All-Star form and had been MotM in the AISF. Probably cost Horan and Mayo an AI.
Come off it Syf, Alan hadn't been able to take a full part in training in the previous week because he had a bad dose of the flu. Horan took a gamble on his fitness and lost.  Alll that was reported in the local papers at the time.

That was the excuse used publically, yes. If you don't know the rest of the story you're either lying or very poorly informed about your own county.
Syf, my son, you have problems that have nothing to do with what I know about Mayo football or about the Paddy Jackson either. I am genuinely concerned that you have anger management issues and serious ones at that. You have passed out Tubberman as the greatest serial abuser on this board and that's some achievement.
If you think you can lecture me about my my knowledge without knowing who I am or what I do, you are deluding yourself.
Look Syf, you are losing the plot, whether you accept this or not. You should talk to someone in a position to help you with your problems.
I'm being genuine here by the way. Anything you or anybody else on this board won't bother me too much but you have me worried.
Chill out..

Don't drag me into your battle of the bullshitters, thanks.
If I walked into a pub and saw either of you sitting at the bar pontificating, I'd turn on my heel and head for the next watering hole and thank my lucky stars I had been spared.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

An Fhairche Abu

There's an ignore function on here, I can't understand why it's not used more if the posts of any particular user are of no value to you.

That said if there was stricter moderation (which I would not be in favour of) on here all of the Mayo/Rossie guff posted in this thread, which has nothing to do with the upcoming match, would be deleted.

Farrandeelin

Tubberman wouldn't come across as an abusive poster to be fair Lar.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

I have one of them on ignore to spare myself, but I decided to post a reply for the craic - more for reaction than anything I must admit.
on the match, we have every reason to be fearful given our home record and Galway's resurgence, but it's hard to see us losing 3 years in a  row to Galway! Dublin yes, but Galway!?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 12, 2018, 08:22:21 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 12, 2018, 04:59:18 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 12, 2018, 04:54:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 12, 2018, 02:47:23 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 12, 2018, 02:03:33 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on April 11, 2018, 04:11:16 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on April 11, 2018, 09:53:51 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 11, 2018, 09:48:54 AM
Very good performances in his debut season in 2010 v Sligo and Longford. A good game v Tyrone in 13 . Mostly negative contributions for the rest of his time , a tendency to shy away from 50/50 balls , a complete no no for inter county.   it was 2015 v Dubs I seen him with my two fooking eyes yellow out of a 60/40 in his favour when it was melting pot time . His fans never seem to see whats obvious to others.

Unfortunately accurate.
no point in slagging him off at this point.
he did his stint for mayo and should be thanked for it

A good footballer with plenty of talent but probably just lacking a bit of an edge to his game.

He's no worse than the likes of Evan Regan or Conor O'Shea. But I suppose you've more juice to stick on the panel when your big brothers are calling the shots and the manager doesn't want to offend them.

If Horan had some sense he'd have left him on for more than 15 minutes  in the 2013 AI final, a year where he was in All-Star form and had been MotM in the AISF. Probably cost Horan and Mayo an AI.
Come off it Syf, Alan hadn't been able to take a full part in training in the previous week because he had a bad dose of the flu. Horan took a gamble on his fitness and lost.  Alll that was reported in the local papers at the time.

That was the excuse used publically, yes. If you don't know the rest of the story you're either lying or very poorly informed about your own county.
Syf, my son, you have problems that have nothing to do with what I know about Mayo football or about the Paddy Jackson either. I am genuinely concerned that you have anger management issues and serious ones at that. You have passed out Tubberman as the greatest serial abuser on this board and that's some achievement.
If you think you can lecture me about my my knowledge without knowing who I am or what I do, you are deluding yourself.
Look Syf, you are losing the plot, whether you accept this or not. You should talk to someone in a position to help you with your problems.
I'm being genuine here by the way. Anything you or anybody else on this board won't bother me too much but you have me worried.
Chill out..

You've really outdone yourself this time.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 12, 2018, 09:09:51 PM
If you were to count the number of times, he abused me over the years, you might change your mind. In fairness, he hasn't done that for a while and maybe I should have let sleeping dogs lie. When Johnno took over, I think every single post I put up, pr the most of them anyway, were criticised by him. I did ask him more than once if he could point out anything I had to say that turned out to be incorrect. He hasn't and can't either.
I amnot the only one he found problems with either.
However, I should not have brought him into this argument with Syferus and I apologise for doing so.
Tubberman is one of the most constructive posters on this board and one of the most insightful ones also -when he sticks to the subject.
Syferus is a different matter and I'm very surprised that nobody has reported him to the mods. I am genuinely concerned because he is losing the plot in a big way. That doesn't really bug me as I don't take anything here personally but I do think he needs help and I am not being abusive or deliberately insulting when I say this.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

whitey

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 12, 2018, 11:00:06 PM
If you were to count the number of times, he abused me over the years, you might change your mind. In fairness, he hasn't done that for a while and maybe I should have let sleeping dogs lie. When Johnno took over, I think every single post I put up, pr the most of them anyway, were criticised by him. I did ask him more than once if he could point out anything I had to say that turned out to be incorrect. He hasn't and can't either.
However, I should not have brought him into this argument with Syferus and I apologise for doing so.
Tubberman is one of the most constructive posters on this board and one of the most insightful ones also -when he sticks to the subject.
Syferus is a different matter and I'm very surprised that nobody has reported him to the mods. I am genuinely concerned because he is losing the plot in a big way. That doesn't really bug me as I don't take anything here personally but I do think he needs help and I am not being abusive or deliberately insulting when I say this.

He might have gotten a haircut above in Paddy Joes and the Cukoo call has been ringing in his ears ever since

Mac2

You really are full of yourself coming out with stuff like that.

seafoid

12 pages about a match but nothing about the match.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on April 12, 2018, 09:07:02 PM
There's an ignore function on here, I can't understand why it's not used more if the posts of any particular user are of no value to you.

That said if there was stricter moderation (which I would not be in favour of) on here all of the Mayo/Rossie guff posted in this thread, which has nothing to do with the upcoming match, would be deleted.
Very true. Most threads of any interest on this board these days degenerate into this kind of off topic bullshit.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Mac2 on April 13, 2018, 02:05:50 PM
You really are full of yourself coming out with stuff like that.
I may well be but if you take a look at his recent posts on the Paddy Jackson related threads as well as recent ones here, you will find that just about everyone of them is loaded with abusive and childish name calling with little or no relevance to what he is replying to. You might also care to check the number of other posters that have pulled him up on this and objected to his comments. When you have finished, you can come back here and tell me if you still think I'm wrong.
Okay?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

guy crouchback

i dont know if this has been mentioned already but the capacity of mc hale park for this game will be 28,000. well below what the ground can comfortably hold.
this will put a bit of pressure on tickets.

Mac2

I'll be checking nothing on your behest with your faux concern for another poster and the arrogance to diagnose.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: guy crouchback on April 13, 2018, 03:01:49 PM
i dont know if this has been mentioned already but the capacity of mc hale park for this game will be 28,000. well below what the ground can comfortably hold.
this will put a bit of pressure on tickets.

21,784 at the Mayo v Galway game in 2016 and 22,046 at the meeting last year. Its a hyped up game but i think the attendance this year will be less than 28,000