Whingers

Started by sligoman2, March 20, 2018, 07:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Jinxy on March 21, 2018, 11:06:23 AM
Social media, lads.
That's the only difference between 'back then' and now.

That's the main driver. Lots of legitimate points getting lost in a sea of bullshit.

rosnarun

I hate whingers they ruin all aspect of life and drag the fun out of everything why in my day if you were a whinger you'd be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

TheGreatest

Plenty of them on this site anyway. On all threads and when I certain teams wins.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: sligoman2 on March 21, 2018, 11:37:28 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 20, 2018, 08:44:47 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on March 20, 2018, 07:21:40 PM
I was just reading the many complaints about the 65’s in the hurling yesterday, earlier on I read about players upset at games being played yesterday, more whining about the weather, the backlog,  etc..
Many of the people complaining about the format would also complain about having a replay, player burnout etc..

I’m wondering are we turning soft and becoming a group who like to complain no matter what.  Loads of other examples out there.  Has the average gaa player and supporter lost the plot?  Have we become a showerof whingers?
What do ye think..

“Are we turning soft”. Older people thinking things used to better in the past, a pastime as old as humans themselves.

The answer is no.

The oracle has spoken.  I can close the thread now"..........
If he was old enough he would know a lot of things was better in the past.

Asal Mor

Quote from: westbound on March 21, 2018, 10:09:21 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 20, 2018, 10:57:49 PM
Quote from: westbound on March 20, 2018, 10:39:47 PM
I don't really get what the big problem with using 65's is? Why is it so much worse than penalties (which some are suggesting here as an alternative)?
Penalties would be a much more dramatic spectacle.

Would it? Why so? Because of goals (rather than points)? Because of the keeper on the line facing the striker? Maybe and in fairness that's a reasonable argument.

I've seen some people say that the 65's are not fair and that it's not fair on amateur players to be in a position where they could be the scapegoat for missing a free. Personally, I thing those arguments are rubbish. It'd be exactly the same for a penalty shoot out, and there is always the chance of a player missing a last minute free to be the scapegoat even without a 65's competition.

I think that no matter what system is used to decide draws there will be criticism.
Look at soccer, people are always complaining that penalties are not a good way to decide a game. Recently they've started using the ABBA (not the band!) system for penalty shoot outs. They've tried golden goals and silver goals as well so they don't see penalties as the perfect solution either.
I posted this on another thread, Enda McEvoy in the Examiner, writing about the 65m shoot-out. I think he's 100% right.
"Too clinical as a spectacle, too straightforward and just plain too dull. Putting over a dead ball from 65 metres, with the same 10 players on duty indefinitely? "Aisy to do that with nobody marking you" etc. It's a wonder things didn't go on till closing time. A penalty shoot-out would be infinitely more engaging and dramatic."

ONeill

Southerners whinge about everything. Northerners are stoic.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

longballin

Is a lot of whinging anytime a Dublin county team or club team wins a championship. Sup it up.

Rossfan

Quote from: ONeill on March 25, 2018, 09:47:27 AM
Southerners whinge about everything. Northerners are stoic.
Ironic joke of the year ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

didlyi

Lot of irony here! I hate whingers myself! Whinge over.

Golden score wouldnt work in Gaa. Could you imagine the reaction if a ref blew up a dodgy free during this period.

longballin

Quote from: didlyi on March 25, 2018, 11:44:31 AM
Lot of irony here! I hate whingers myself! Whinge over.

Golden score wouldnt work in Gaa. Could you imagine the reaction if a ref blew up a dodgy free during this period.

same reaction as dodgy free in closing minutes of any close game

Itchy

What's with all the whinging about fixtures cancelled due to bad weather.  Mcstay whinging today, emlyn  (the whole world is against me) Mulligan last week. RTE radio had Martin McHugh whinging about it too yet it took him 10 minutes to figure out the permutations in div 2 and turns out he was talking crap. Weather was unprecedented in a decade, it's not the GAAs fault.

Targetman

McHugh's a complete tool, I wonder does he ever listen to the shite he talks, anyway we're for Div 3, I could whinge all night!!

rosnarun

Quote from: Itchy on March 25, 2018, 10:01:51 PM
What's with all the whinging about fixtures cancelled due to bad weather.  Mcstay whinging today, emlyn  (the whole world is against me) Mulligan last week. RTE radio had Martin McHugh whinging about it too yet it took him 10 minutes to figure out the permutations in div 2 and turns out he was talking crap. Weather was unprecedented in a decade, it's not the GAAs fault.
If Donegal could get the 3 mchughs playing close to potential they'd have a lot less to whinge about.
there must be a story there?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Jinxy

Quote from: Targetman on March 25, 2018, 11:17:49 PM
McHugh's a complete tool, I wonder does he ever listen to the shite he talks, anyway we're for Div 3, I could whinge all night!!

The most miserable, and misery-inducing, human being in the GAA.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mup

Whinging about people whinging about your team. And also those who whinge even when their team win. Joyless.