Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: heffo on January 14, 2015, 10:29:12 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 14, 2015, 05:00:59 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 14, 2015, 12:15:05 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 13, 2015, 10:51:43 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on January 12, 2015, 10:58:22 AM
Quote from: northsideboy on January 03, 2015, 06:01:14 PM
Are there any mods now on this site. Wums like dont matter drive away people who might have something worthwhile to contribute to a discussion. Do us a favour and ban him/her.

The truth hurts. I think if I'm driving people like you away I'm doing everyone a favour.

You're not doing anyone, least of all yourself, a favour with the way you carry on. Fair enough - you have a strongly held opinion. You have every right to voice it strongly. I think what is objectionable is the childish (Dubl$n - we got the joke a long time ago) and overly aggressive manner in which you present your views. I don't think you should be banned - I just wish you'd have a bit more manners. Some of the people you are insulting are people that put countless hours of unpaid time into the GAA and they deserve better than the treatment you dole out. And as I said, it dilutes your argument the way you carry on.

Its pure ignorance on the idiot's part to suggest funding created Diarmuid connolly for example.

Vincents created Diarmuid Connolly. His juvenile coaches who didn't get an ounce of funding or a red cent created him.

Through their passion for the game they taught him the game and helped him become the best footballer in the country.

Its no different to the hundreds of GAA clubs in the country.

Clubs create players- funding doesn't. And county teams don't either
How many coaches employed the County Board went into his school training kids from 1st class up?
Our local school barely gets a part time coach 5/6 times a term

What age do you think Diarmuid Connolly is? 14?
he went through the primary school and club system in Dublin
so he got coaching from a county board funded full time coach - GPO, who was able to oversee his development
a system not in place in other counties

Croí na hÉireann

Club pays half the cost of GPO in Dublin. What's to stop other counties putting something similar in place? Granted the vast, vast majority of rural clubs wouldn't have the funds that a super club in Dublin would have but what's to stop a county board dividing the county into districts and appoint a GPO to each district provided enough (preferably all) of the clubs in each district contribute towards funding said GPO?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 14, 2015, 11:44:01 PM
Are there any mods now on this site. Wums like dont matter drive away people who might have something worthwhile to contribute to a discussion. Do us a favour and ban him/her.

The truth hurts. I think if I'm driving people like you away I'm doing everyone a favour.

You're not doing anyone, least of all yourself, a favour with the way you carry on. Fair enough - you have a strongly held opinion. You have every right to voice it strongly. I think what is objectionable is the childish (Dubl$n - we got the joke a long time ago) and overly aggressive manner in which you present your views. I don't think you should be banned - I just wish you'd have a bit more manners. Some of the people you are insulting are people that put countless hours of unpaid time into the GAA and they deserve better than the treatment you dole out. And as I said, it dilutes your argument the way you carry on.

Its pure ignorance on the idiot's part to suggest funding created Diarmuid connolly for example.

Vincents created Diarmuid Connolly. His juvenile coaches who didn't get an ounce of funding or a red cent created him.

Through their passion for the game they taught him the game and helped him become the best footballer in the country.

How many coaches employed the County Board went into his school training kids from 1st class up?

so he got coaching from a county board funded full time coach - GPO, who was able to oversee his development

It Don't Matter, Delmonte, it Don't Matter.

If the lads up in Dublin want to see how the other half lives they're more than welcome to visit.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 15, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Club pays half the cost of GPO in Dublin. What's to stop other counties putting something similar in place? Granted the vast, vast majority of rural clubs wouldn't have the funds that a super club in Dublin would have but what's to stop a county board dividing the county into districts and appoint a GPO to each district provided enough (preferably all) of the clubs in each district contribute towards funding said GPO?

The idea has been floated by 3/4 clubs in close proximity getting a coach full time to go to schools and coach in the clubs
No matching funding available from the GAA was the response we got from the county board.
Go figure

heffo

Diarmuid Connolly is 27.

The coaching system in primary schools (aimed primarily at younger classes) you refer to started nine years ago. I'll let you do the sums.

heffo

Quote from: Syferus on January 15, 2015, 03:23:05 PM

It Don't Matter, Delmonte, it Don't Matter.

If the lads up in Dublin want to see how the other half lives they're more than welcome to visit.

Is Don't Matter one of the many accounts you post under?

I'd love to get a look at your bus if you could arrange?

larryin89

Blah blah, Who cares , bunch of pussies.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 15, 2015, 04:06:29 PM

The idea has been floated by 3/4 clubs in close proximity getting a coach full time to go to schools and coach in the clubs
No matching funding available from the GAA was the response we got from the county board.
Go figure

The county board would have to put a plan together that they could present to HQ. No one in their right mind is going to release the purse strings on an ad hoc basis for a club here and a club there, with no overall county specific strategy. The sad reality is that these same county boards are more interested in building white elephants than putting a strategic plan in place.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 19, 2015, 02:27:13 PM

Go figure

The county board would have to put a plan together that they could present to HQ. No one in their right mind is going to release the purse strings on an ad hoc basis for a club here and a club there, with no overall county specific strategy. The sad reality is that these same county boards are more interested in building white elephants than putting a strategic plan in place.
How are the plans for the new stand in Cusack coming along?
Such a waste of money

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 19, 2015, 04:45:15 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 19, 2015, 02:27:13 PM

Go figure

How are the plans for the new stand in Cusack coming along?
Such a waste of money

Can't see HQ contributing what's required to that either, which will be a blessing.

mayoaremagic

Where are the dubs getting all this money from??

kerryforsam2018

I've said previously that the GAA have created a monster with the millions upon millions they've given Dubl$n GAA. They now feel entitled to the money, even a small cut in the funding is being strongly opposed: http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-manager-jim-gavin-slams-proposed-cuts-in-gaa-funding-to-dublin-1.2052385

westbound

Quote from: kerryforsam2018 on September 12, 2018, 11:19:41 AM
I've said previously that the GAA have created a monster with the millions upon millions they've given Dubl$n GAA. They now feel entitled to the money, even a small cut in the funding is being strongly opposed: http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-manager-jim-gavin-slams-proposed-cuts-in-gaa-funding-to-dublin-1.2052385

You realise that article is nearly 4 years old?