Previous topic - Next topic

western exile

@30mog. How did you get on on Sunday?
Any match reports?

BennyHarp

Quote from: western exile on August 14, 2013, 09:50:48 AM
@30mog. How did you get on on Sunday?
Any match reports?

Hope he wasn't involved in this! http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=198681
That was never a square ball!!

30mog

OMG!!   Yes I was there!  What's more.  With the venue hidden down a secluded lane in a marshy and wooded area near Manchester Airport, I am shocked that this happened!  I may now contact Greater Manchester Police and ask if anyone has given a description of me just in case.  Not guilty I promise!

Anyway, an update on my plans.  Don't expect to make a trip over to Ireland this year.  For one thing I can't fly over at the moment because my passport is expired and renewal will take a few weeks.  When I do come over I am looking at making Cork my next irish destination.  Looks a nice place to visit for things other than Gaelic games.  While I was at that game, and alas crime scene, in Manchester.  The first hurling semi was taking place at Croke Park.  I avoided any knowledge of the result until I had time to watch it in full, on Tuesday.  Now please tell me, on a scale of 1 to 5 [1= waste of time watching, 5= nomination for all time classic] was Dublin v Cork a 4.7 or 4.8?  It was actually the first hurling game I have ever watched in full.  Somehow the code never appealed to me till now.  But after that, if its half decent football OR hurling happening in Cork and when I can get there for a weekend, I AM COMING.  I will also be keeping an eye on activity with London GAA, Warwickshire GAA and may adopt St.Baranabas of Nottingham as my local club. [I live only 35 mins from Nottingham, my paternal grandfather was born there and in a bit of family tree research we have had hints of connection to Irish immigrants two or three generations before him - there must be some reason I have always felt 'half at home' in both Dublin & Nottingham].

armaghniac

Assuming that you are British, you only need a passport on Ryanair.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JUst retired

30Mog i was in your neck of the woods up until yesterday.Thurgoland, not much GAA though.

SkillfulBill

30Mog, Thon oul hurling game at the weekend was a 1 on your scale, sure the Dubs have only taken up the sticks in the last year or two to qualify for the grants.

waterfordlad

Dublin v Cork was about 4.5 out of 5 I'd say. As a hurling fan I thought it was a fantastic game, real end to end stuff with the goal near the end deciding it. It was anyones up to then.
Don't be raising his expectations too much sayig it was 1 out of 5!

Mayo4Sam

30mog, you'll have a great time in Cork, its a fantastic city to see and some of the finest pubs in Ireland, check out Mutton Lane, the Castle or the Oval when you're over. And get up to Nemo to watch some football, they have an unreal set-up and if you give them a shout beforehand I'm sure they'd organise something for you.

I was at a Mayo Down league match a couple of years ago with 5 or 6 yanks in front of me, they had me in stitches, Aidan O'Shea burst some lad with a shower "ya thats right down you've just been Mayo'd" was the pick of the bunch, everyone around them were interacting well with them, both Mayo and Down, great to see
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

emmetryan

We've a French lad in our office, only moved to Ireland in December, totally converted to Gaelic Games now. Didn't require much of a push at all.
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Rossfan

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 22, 2013, 05:28:45 PM
Cork, its a fantastic city to see and some of the finest pubs in Ireland, check out Mutton Lane, the Castle or the Oval when you're over.
For something different try the Hibernian or Charlies - two quirky places if ever there were such.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Any craic

This is certainly foreign appreciation of GAA.. I'm in Italy at the moment for a Gaelic Football tournament on Saturday and a handball exhibition on Sunday. The local hosting team is all-Italian as you can see from last night's training session - http://www.jeromequinnmedia.com/video/European-GAA/Italy/Italian-GAA-History-makers-1221

Denn Forever

Hope you were watching the Dublin/Kerry semi on Sunday. 

Most enjoyable game I've seen in a while.  Both sides using the new type of tactics (high intensity, pressure on the ball etc.) but still very fluid.  Hard hitting and both teams getting on with things.

Both sides take a bow.

The final will have a lot to live up to.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Any craic

Italian Job - here's what happens when you mix the tune of the Summer with a great GAA story from Rovigo in northern Italy. Click on the main video box on the home page to view - http://www.jeromequinnmedia.com

seafoid

Quote from: Any craic on September 12, 2013, 09:05:44 PM
Italian Job - here's what happens when you mix the tune of the Summer with a great GAA story from Rovigo in northern Italy. Click on the main video box on the home page to view - http://www.jeromequinnmedia.com
The Italian who said he preferred GF to soccer because the atmosphere was better- that could be a great selling point on the continent.

Any craic

Meet new GAA referees Andrea, Lorenzo and Alessandro & see how these fully trained up Italians got on at reffing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwRehSpIdfE