pintsofguinness

Started by ha ha derry, January 08, 2010, 09:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

'GAA - good, GPA - Bad' or words to that effect.

Rav67

I'm interested to hear about this 'feud.'  Could anyone fill me in about it?

ONeill

Quote from: Treasurer on January 08, 2010, 12:10:34 PM
Quote from: ha ha derry on January 08, 2010, 09:48:30 AM
Todays Gaelic Life page 8... Jarlath Burns wants to know who " " is. As a matter of fact all of Silverbridge wants to know.

What's the gist of the story anyway?

That is simply it - just one sentence at the end of an article of modern GAA. The last section was on internet/discussion rooms. Very innocuous and a wee bit of banter.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mountainboii

Quote from: haranguerer on January 08, 2010, 01:42:43 PM
AFS:

How?
(1) I dont know the ins and outs of the feud - how does that affect my opinion that pints is unlikely to be coming out with anything that isn't widely known.

(2) 'I havent seen the article but if he really is giving out about pints then it verifies the fact that he is a complete arsehole...' - am I not allowed to speculate?

Perhaps coloured by my view on Jarlath Burns, but not invalid.

Normally, when people feel the need to insult others they at least go to the effort of finding out if they deserved it before so.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Discussion Board

Ten years ago it didn't exist,but it has become the most significant barometer of GAA opinion there is, totally eclipsing the print media for its sheer immedicacy,irreverance, humour and honesty.

Not always a good thing; it's a must for all county players to avoid, particularly after a poor performance, but the first port of call for any self respecting gael after they log on. And if anyone finds out who 'pintsofguinness' is, let me know. The whole of Silverbridge is dying to find out!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 08, 2010, 02:15:14 PM
Discussion Board

Ten years ago it didn’t exist,but it has become the most significant barometer of GAA opinion there is, totally eclipsing the print media for its sheer immedicacy,irreverance, humour and honesty.

Not always a good thing; it’s a must for all county players to avoid, particularly after a poor performance, but the first port of call for any self respecting gael after they log on. And if anyone finds out who ‘pintsofguinness’ is, let me know. The whole of Silverbridge is dying to find out!
Sacre bleu indeed, a storm in a pint glass.

haranguerer

That is pretty tongue-in-cheek - sorry Jarlath!

Further verification of the fact that you're an arsehole will have to wait for a bit.

AFS, normally people dont; particuarly on message boards and the like - I'm no different!  :P

Muhammed McCarthy

Quote from: Treasurer on January 08, 2010, 12:09:33 PM
Quote from: Muhammed McCarthy on January 08, 2010, 11:24:25 AM
He is a gobshite!! :D

45 posts and you feel entitled to indulge in childish name-calling??

Pints .....another alias!! ;)

We can agree/disagree all we like with opinions, we can even disilike the board persona of individuals but people get carried way a bit - who cares who anyone is!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 08, 2010, 02:15:14 PM
Discussion Board

Ten years ago it didn't exist,but it has become the most significant barometer of GAA opinion there is, totally eclipsing the print media for its sheer immedicacy,irreverance, humour and honesty.

Not always a good thing; it's a must for all county players to avoid, particularly after a poor performance, but the first port of call for any self respecting gael after they log on. And if anyone finds out who 'pintsofguinness' is, let me know. The whole of Silverbridge is dying to find out!

Ahh jaysus, I retract any earlier comments made.... Tongue was firmly in the cheek when he wrote that...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

Pints will have to come out and organise a press conference in his study with pictures of his beloved Silverbridge on the shelf behind, a little bit of waterworks and a staunch defence of his position should do the trick. :D

ha ha derry

It was just a bit of craic lads.

stiffler

Even the dogs on the street know who POG is!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

pintsofguinness

I don't understand why anyone cares who I am.   ???
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 08, 2010, 06:19:38 PM

The reason they want to know who you are Fintan is simple, you are to blame for all the shite that has happened in the bridge since you left, even Londoners were you work as a male nurse has issues with you, something to do with negativity and bad diet I believe. :P
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: stew on January 08, 2010, 06:29:41 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 08, 2010, 06:19:38 PM

The reason they want to know who you are Fintan is simple, you are to blame for all the shite that has happened in the bridge since you left, even Londoners were you work as a male nurse has issues with you, something to do with negativity and bad diet I believe. :P

You should remove that post. There is a rule about revealing posters' identities.