GMA to follow GPA?

Started by never kickt a ball, January 13, 2007, 01:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

GMA to follow GPA?
12 January 2007

Speculation is rife that inter-county managers are to formalise their mutual co-operation in the form of an organisation similar to the Gaelic Players Association.
The possibility of a Gaelic Managers Association being formed has become a real possibility in the light of the furore which has erupted over the GAA's pronouncement on the number of people allowed on sidelines during matches.
It is understood that a lot of inter-county managers took severe umbrage at not being consulted by the GAA's hierarchy before the sideline regulations were made public by Croke Park chiefs.
Managers from around the country took a united front in their opposition to the regulations and a hastily arranged meeting with GAA's top brass resulted in the Association dropping most of its planned regulations.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=70997

Uladh

What purpose would a GMA serve? sure they're all extremely well looked after for amateurs as it is...

Josey Whales

The Gaa have bottled it again.
We are the only field game in the world where there are no restrictions on managers patrolling the sideline. Everybody else sits in the stand where (a) you have a better view of the game and (b) you don't get the sort of incidents we had with big joe against kerry last year.
I don't see what benefit managers have from standing pitch side- worst view in the stadium. I agree with the managers on the water issue-with drug testing etc- they have to know what's in the bottles that's only fair to the players. We seem to have this bullshit idea that we shouldn't copy other sports. You should if it's in the best interests of the game and any rational person will argue this is. But it's the typical Gaa response to changing anything -it takes 10 years. If the pace of modern life was to move at the same pace of the GAA we'd all be driving cars like Fred Flinstone's.
They've let a Big Time Charlie's dictate to them again and the only loser is the Gaa.

realredhandfan

I suppose the GCA - Gaelic Clubs association and GFA - Gaelic fans association are to follow.. Pathetic!

Captain Scarlet

its only an idle threat. seeing as they are getting paid a shitload they wouldnt want to rile HQ too much.
at the same time they should be on the sideline but i think there is a huge problem at club level and that should be looked at. we all see it where there are twenty 'mentors' on the sideline.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.