15 (41.7%)
B's
21 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: January 14, 2007, 03:56:00 PM

lynchbhoy

Quote from: armagh leg-end on January 10, 2007, 04:26:28 PM
Diff in Dublin
Senior league Div 1 - 13 (though they must be superstitious as its 12A & 12B)

Do they really have up ro 13 divisions in the dublin senior league?

Adult leagues - yes.

max
I played on the side when it was Div 12 - they are up to Div 11
the two Div 12 sides are new to the club.
Apart from the two new Div 12 teams, I have actually played on every other team (Badly)

in 2000 the club only had Senior, inter and two junior teams.

supersarsfields

in our club they're known as the Reverses, because . . . . well... they never seem to be progressing much anyway

Edit: i say "they" but really its "We"

I though it was the Wackfucks?

armagh leg-end

how many clubs is there in dublin?
Ard Mhacha Abu

tayto

80 + clubs. There are 13 adult divisions in football [AFL 1 to AFL 12b] and 5 in hurling. There's not enough clubs really, super clubs like Ballyboden for example field 73 teams in football, hurling, camogie and ladies football, including 2 senior hurling, 2 senior camogie, 2 senior ladies football and 1 senior football.

How many in Ard Mhacha?

WeeDonns

QuoteI though it was the Wackfucks?

you mean "the Wackfuck" !

when you hear this term being used, it means we're chatin about you Supersarsfields :)

Canalman

I think there are some 85 odd GAA clubs in Dublin and not the 250 sometimes spouted out by hostile media. I think the larger figure refers to GAA units like National schools , Firm teams etc. For every "Superclub" there are 2 or 3 single club teams like Portobello, St Brendans, Ranelagh Gaels, Northside Gaels,Starlights etc.

Adult 1 to 6 leagues are quite competitive but the level at the lower leagues is poor, often dominated by a team entered by a "Superclub" consisting of players from a minor championship winning team from the previous year(s) which destroys all before them.

We have 3 adult teams but the 3d team will probably fold this season as we cannot find a manager.