Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 08, 2019, 09:43:49 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 08, 2019, 08:40:20 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 08, 2019, 07:24:41 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on September 08, 2019, 07:15:45 PM
Great result for the Georgians
Great result for Ireland.

It's only a great result for Ireland, if Ireland go and win in Georgia.

That's it in a nutshell! The Georgians will take confidence from this!
The Georgians were already confident of doing well in their home ground.
Ireland will do well to get a draw there, the Danes were hanging on for dear life  in the last 1/4 for their measly point.

trailer

Quote from: mouview on September 08, 2019, 09:08:25 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 07, 2019, 06:59:04 PM
Quote from: mouview on September 07, 2019, 12:53:09 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 06, 2019, 05:17:01 PM
If the RoI soccer team was a GAA county, which one would it be ?
Maybe Antrim   ?

Kilkenny.

Footballers.

Bollocks.

Entertainment

Wise

You're being very generous. They're an absolutely awful team run by an organisation that would rival an African country for open corruption.
But sticking to football their best player plays for Everton so that means they're very, very bad.

lurganblue

Big Mick says Hourihane is to play left back tonight? Is he taking the piss?

Itchy

Quote from: trailer on September 09, 2019, 04:44:13 PM
Maybe Antrim   ?

Kilkenny.

Footballers.

Bollocks.

Entertainment

Wise

You're being very generous. They're an absolutely awful team run by an organisation that would rival an African country for open corruption.
But sticking to football their best player plays for Everton so that means they're very, very bad.

They are still our team no matter how poor they might be and they have given themselves a half chance to automatic qualification

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: trailer on September 09, 2019, 04:44:13 PM
Maybe Antrim   ?

Kilkenny.

Footballers.

Bollocks.

Entertainment

Wise

Are you that confident the GAA would escape unscathed from the same sort of reviews the FAI are suffering?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: lurganblue on September 10, 2019, 10:15:27 AM
Stevens is suspended for tbe next game, Ward has retired, Wilson is nowhere. Cunningham is the only left back in the mix. Its a free experiment

lurganblue

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 10, 2019, 03:45:19 PM
Stevens is suspended for tbe next game, Ward has retired, Wilson is nowhere. Cunningham is the only left back in the mix. Its a free experiment

I understand that, and i believe Doherty is injured too so no chance of that.  I still dont like it though.  Surely there is a natural left back somewhere who can be tried in that position and maybe less of the square peg in round hole scenario. It's still not quite as bad as playing Christie in the middle.

rodney trotter

There is a good left back with the U21s. Darragh Leahy of Bohemians. Kenny will likely have him and a few from the U21s involved when he takes over the Senior Job.

It's a good move having Kenny as U21 manager. He can see whats coming through and the younger players wil be familiar with him. They are playing Sweden at 6.30.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: lurganblue on September 10, 2019, 04:13:03 PM

I understand that, and i believe Doherty is injured too so no chance of that.  I still dont like it though.  Surely there is a natural left back somewhere who can be tried in that position and maybe less of the square peg in round hole scenario. It's still not quite as bad as playing Christie in the middle.

Im sure there is. Just not in this 23.

Itchy

It's not that crazy of an idea, youd swear he was putting him in goals. John o ahea played full back, ctr back and ctr mid under Alex Ferguson. Roy Keane played ctr back and ctr mid.

rodney trotter

2 brilliant finishes from Troy Parrott for the U21s. He was included in Spurs champions league squad for the season. Looks a quality forward which Ireland lack

Capt Pat

Quote from: lurganblue on September 10, 2019, 04:13:03 PM

Robbie Brady can play left back.

Itchy

Ok 2nd half. Dont know how Cullen gets mom for passing 5 yard passes backwards and sideways. Of the lads that played whole match I thought Browne was best in the pocket. Curtis and Christie very poor. Hourehan at left back didn't really work for me. I thought Jack Byrne was excellent when he came on, but afraid to get on ball and able to pass it around.

Boycey

Quote from: Itchy on September 10, 2019, 07:21:06 PM
It's not that crazy of an idea, youd swear he was putting him in goals. John o ahea played full back, ctr back and ctr mid under Alex Ferguson. Roy Keane played ctr back and ctr mid.

Johnno played in goals for Fergie too... Keane also played full back for most/all his 1st season