The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Phillips has to move for the sake of his career. He can't sit around at Liverpool at the age of 24-25, fifth choice, and still hope to make it at EPL level. This time last year he was looking at Championship. Now is the time to make a proper go of it somewhere like Burnley or Brighton. If he improves further, bigger opportunities will come his way.

Armamike

Can understand completely why Phillips would want a move.  He got himself in the shop window over the past few months and now is his chance to get a decent move based on the good form he showed.  His lack of pace means he'll never be a serious option in a Klopp team.
That's just, like your opinion man.

brokencrossbar1

The club should be looking to recoup close to £40-45m with possible sales.  The reality is that this is the way the transfers have to work as we do not have a gold mine like the petro clubs or United. I think people need to realise and understand that.  If they got that through there is the money to buy a new forward

gawa316

Harvey Elliott looks like he is going to be a special talent

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on August 10, 2021, 04:53:20 PM
I genuinely think he is going to be World Class.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dire Ear

Quote from: laoislad on August 10, 2021, 05:46:22 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 10, 2021, 04:53:20 PM
I genuinely think he is going to be World Class.
Absolutely

quit yo jibbajabba

gawa316

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 10, 2021, 08:48:43 PM
Winger of midfielder long term?

I am thinking right hand side of a front 3...need to keep him happy until Mo hangs up the boots

quit yo jibbajabba

The small bits ive seen i think he lacks the pace for that role lookin forward to seeing if advanced mid becomes his role. Lots of positive noise being made about him irrespective

dec

laoislad

Alisson ,Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita, Salah, Jota, Mane.
Been a good start for the promoted clubs so far so could be in for a right battle tonight.
Great to see VVD back.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on August 14, 2021, 04:37:54 PM
Alisson ,Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita, Salah, Jota, Mane.
Been a good start for the promoted clubs so far so could be in for a right battle tonight.
Great to see VVD back.

That midfield could be amazing or amazingly crap

Capt Pat

Great to see VVD back.

No Fabinho, Henderson or Winaldum who is gone. I am a bit worried about the midfield.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: gawa316 on August 14, 2021, 05:04:39 PM
Great to see VVD back.

That midfield could be amazing or amazingly crap

I know which one i think it will be but i hope im wrong 😂

laoislad

1 up at half time, probably should have scored another.
Midfield pretty non existent, would like to see Fab coming on.