Antrim v Laois 19.07.08 .. what's the point?

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, July 11, 2008, 09:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

Well .. any views? - has this been fixed for Navan or will they toss a coin for the venue? I called at the office in Casement Park today asking if they knew where the match was fixed for and the girl said "Here mate, There's 20p, go and phone someone who gives a f**k!"........

The Real Laoislad

Well it will decide whose shite and whose extra smelly shite
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2008, 10:01:02 PM

That has already been decided LL, will Navan be big enough to cater for the demand.........??????
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on July 11, 2008, 10:02:31 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2008, 10:01:02 PM

That has already been decided LL

Yeah who is what then?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hurler on the Bitch

Point 1 - shite? - the team that appointed Dinny Cahill as manager - Point 2 - extra smelly? - I refer you to my previous answer.. Perhaps the GAA could resolve this by a more imaginative means.. say, a juggling competition between the two captains? or .. maybe  ... baldiest managers' competition.. would save a lot of money/ shite / etc ...  toss of coin? just seems like an insult to have these boys running round an empty stadium when they could be in Spain / Portugal / Bray or Bundoran...

Hurler on the Bitch

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

glens73

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

neilthemac

don't see the point in these teams playing off

both of them are too strong for the Christy Ring.

does this mean Laois cannot play in the Leinster Champ next year? But Antrim can?

imtommygunn

Christy ring teams can play in Leinster (e.g. Westmeath this year) but they just go into the christy ring as opposed to the Liam McCarthy qualifiers when they lose.

Galforever

I cant recall Laois playing in the christy ring before. Have they?

If not, then I think it is worthwhile for them to play in it just to find out if they are a class above that level.

Also, Dont they still have to play the winners of the christy ring?

slow corner back

That is correct Galforever, I would fancy whoever comes out of the christy ring to take them, team on the up versus team on the down.

The Real Laoislad

I've said it before i think it would do no harm if Laois spent a season in the CR...
They should be the best team in it and would probably win it..I would rather that than seeing them getting 20+point beatings off practically every county in the LM
You'll Never Walk Alone.