Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 26, 2019, 10:17:52 AM
Demographics globally are a move from rural to urban. So what?
Very true but so what is a different matter entirely on two fronts.
Dublin at present has around one third of the republic's population and, crucially, almost half of its economic resources.
It's estimated (by Simon Coveney, not me) that over 40% of the population will reside there by 2040. I suspect that he is underestimating  this projection.

Furthermore, with only one CB, Dublin has only one internal club structure to cater for one third of the population.
That's more than the population of 16 other counties. It's no wonder Dublin has an appealing drop out rate, which is much more acute than you'll find in another county.
According to a few Gardai in Finglas that I was charting to their station covers roughly the same population as County Cavan.
But Cavan has 41 clubs and Finglas has only on senior club.
I think the figures speak for themselves.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Hound

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 26, 2019, 04:06:59 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 26, 2019, 10:17:52 AM
Demographics globally are a move from rural to urban. So what?
Very true but so what is a different matter entirely on two fronts.
Dublin at present has around one third of the republic's population and, crucially, almost half of its economic resources.
It's estimated (by Simon Coveney, not me) that over 40% of the population will reside there by 2040. I suspect that he is underestimating  this projection.

Furthermore, with only one CB, Dublin has only one internal club structure to cater for one third of the population.
That's more than the population of 16 other counties. It's no wonder Dublin has an appealing drop out rate, which is much more acute than you'll find in another county.
According to a few Gardai in Finglas that I was charting to their station covers roughly the same population as County Cavan.
But Cavan has 41 clubs and Finglas has only on senior club.
I think the figures speak for themselves.
What do you mean exactly?
Presume you refer to  Erin's Isle. Who are barely senior. 32 'senior' clubs in Dublin. Erin's isle might be 20-25th. GAA completely a minority sport in Finglas.
If it became the number one sport, there'd just be more moaning and whining from mup and spewan etc. Another reason why Kildare are underperforming for 100 years

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

The FAI has apologised to the hundreds of thousands of people involved in Irish football

https://mobile.twitter.com/FAIreland/status/1211361616631156736

So the Dubs must be their fault
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Lar Naparka

Quote from: seafoid on December 29, 2019, 09:34:14 PM
The FAI has apologised to the hundreds of thousands of people involved in Irish football

https://mobile.twitter.com/FAIreland/status/1211361616631156736

So the Dubs must be their fault
Did you start your New Year's celebrations a bit early or what? ;D
I mean what's the connection above>
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Kidder81

The Dean Rock free taking school some craic, 400 odd euros to learn how to kick a ball over the bar

imtommygunn

That is all over twitter lol.

350 euros (not counting travel expenses) to be taught how to kick frees. I wonder how many takers he'll get  ;D

(There is the possibility it isn't real mind you but it looks legit...)

five points

Must be a hoax?

Dean Rock
@deanrock104
·
1h
I can do 1 to 1 discounted Zoom sessions for €100 per half hour. Let me know if that interests anyone #deanrock

Taylor

Quote from: five points on July 22, 2020, 03:59:35 PM
Must be a hoax?

Dean Rock
@deanrock104
·
1h
I can do 1 to 1 discounted Zoom sessions for €100 per half hour. Let me know if that interests anyone #deanrock

€100 for a zoom session for 30mins  :o :o :o

rosnarun

Quote from: Taylor on July 22, 2020, 04:02:37 PM
Must be a hoax?

Dean Rock
@deanrock104
·
1h

€100 for a zoom session for 30mins  :o :o :o
jesu I wonde how much could Cillian charge.
Though to be honest I reckon Rory Beggan has the best Technique  of any Kicker i've seen. so little obvious Effort so much distance  . he's a joy to watch.
now if he was a bit more accurate I reckon they'd have to change the rules or he be scoring from any where around midfield
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Kidder81

Must be a hoax?

Dean Rock
@deanrock104
·
1h

That's a fake account

Kidder81

There is a fake account going about but the free kick take on shakedown is on the legit Dean Rock twitter account

StephenC

He's already one of the all-time best freetakers ... clubs have no hesitation throwing away money on snake oil salesmen ... I'd say why not.

Dubhaltach

The Dubs- Continuing to find new ways to destroy Gaelic Football.